Driving on the highways can be quite a chore. With people darting in and out of traffic at high rates of speed, you may feel the stress and anxiety every time you head out the door. Other people do not think twice about the busy roads when they get inside their vehicle and start out for the day. No matter what style of driver you are, it does not take much for an accident to occur. With the millions of registered vehicles on the road and New York’s busy roads, it’s not surprising that accidents are happening every day.
If you have been a victim of a car wreck, you may feel like life is spiraling out of control. It is a difficult situation to manage personal damages and injuries. However, you do not have to worry about financial compensation. You deserve to collect from the losses you have incurred. With the help of a Buffalo car accident lawyer at Morelli Law Firm, you can seek to recover from this situation and move forward in life.
If you were injured in a car collision, or you have lost a loved one due to an accident, get in touch with Morelli Law Firm for details about seeking financial recovery. Consider working with a Buffalo car accident lawyer, and begin the process of seeking a fair settlement. We can be reached at (212) 751-9800.
Car Accidents in the United States and New York
In the United States, in 2018, there were close to two million injuries because of motor vehicle accidents and 33,654 fatalities, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). New York saw its share of motor vehicle injuries. The New York State Department of Health reports that on average about 12,093 New Yorkers are hospitalized each year due to a motor vehicle crash. This does not even account for non-hospitalization cases. In addition, there are just under 1,000 fatal car wrecks in New York, according to the statistics.
The research shows that car accidents come from a variety of causes and issues. Some of these include:
- Impaired driving: Drinking and drugged driving occurs more frequently than we think. It causes many deaths in the United States and can lead to horrific injuries.
- Distracted driving: With just about everyone connected to smartphones today, it is not surprising that these types of accidents are happening.
- Speeding: Driving too fast is a big concern for others on the road. It can lead to many dangers and risks for everyone. Thousands of fatalities result because of speeding.
- Bad weather conditions: If the weather is bad, drivers need to be more careful while driving. They may need to take extra precautions such as using their windshield wipers, driving slower, using their headlights, and so on.
- Running a red light: Going through a red light is against the law and exceedingly dangerous. Oftentimes, this can result in fatal consequences.
- Reduced visibility: If the road is difficult to see, then an accident may happen. It is up to the driver to pay extra attention to the road to ensure the way is clear.
You can work with a Buffalo car accident lawyer when pursuing compensation. Morelli Law Firm can offer more information about filing a claim for damages. You can obtain a free no-obligation consultation when you call our office at (212) 751-9800.
Injuries from Car Accidents
There will likely be injuries when you get into a car accident. Sometimes an accident can take a loved one from you or lead to a life-altering condition. There are physical and emotional injuries involved when you get into an accident too. Some types of injuries from a car accident include:
- Head injuries and potentially a concussion
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Bruised ribs
- Bruises, cuts, and burns
As stated above, sometimes a car wreck takes a loved one from you. If this occurs, you can file a wrongful death suit to recover the financial compensation owed to you. A Buffalo car accident lawyer will help you through this difficult process.
A motor vehicle accident also results in emotional consequences. Some of these include:
- Mental pain and suffering
- Nightmares about the accident
- Anxiety about driving
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Buffalo Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Steps After a Car Accident
If you follow the proper steps after a car accident, it can make things go more smoothly. Here are a few things you can do.
- Take notes: Write down anything pertinent about what happened. You could also videotape yourself describing the incident.
- Get eyewitness information: If there are eyewitnesses to the event, take their statement or phone number.
- Give an accurate police report: Make sure your police report is accurate and thorough.
- Get a medical check: Even if you think you are alright, get a check-up at the emergency department because even minor injuries could be worse than they appear.
Get Started with a Buffalo Car Accident Lawyer
New York law allows anyone who has been in a vehicle accident to file a civil suit for personal injury damages. You can also claim monetary compensation for emotional pain and suffering and financial loss from work.
Getting injured in a motor vehicle accident is a tragic situation, but you may be able to recover fair financial compensation. Our Buffalo car accident lawyer at Morelli Law Firm is here to help you through the process as they create a case on your behalf.
Get in touch with us by calling our office today at (212) 751-9800. We can give you a free no-obligation case consultation.