Suffering an injury can have long-lasting consequences. Some injuries are much worse than others, depending on the nature of the accident. When a personal injury occurs, it can create havoc in your life because you never plan on getting hurt. There are interruptions to your plans, lost time at work, medical appointments, pain, and suffering. All of these issues take time from your day and hinder your work.
In addition, there are extra costs when you become injured. However, you don’t need to go through a personal injury situation alone. You have rights under the law to recover monetary damages. Seek the aid of a Buffalo personal injury lawyer at Morelli Law Firm.
At Morelli Law Firm, we advocate for victims who suffered due to someone else’s negligence. Personal injuries are often the result of someone else acting carelessly. When this happens, you deserve the right to seek financial recovery. At Morelli Law Firm, a Buffalo personal injury lawyer will establish the evidence in your case so that you might be able to avoid a court trial.
Get in touch with Morelli Law Firm and find peace of mind about your case. Call us at
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Every year, people get injured in a variety of ways, from falling down some steps to getting in a car wreck. You may be wondering how you know if your injury is grounds for a legal case. When someone acts carelessly, negligently, or with malice, then there is a high probability that a personal injury claim is possible.
A personal injury case is based on “tort law,” which involves holding the party responsible if they are at fault for harming another person. In other words, you can collect financial compensation if you become injured due to someone else’s wrongdoing.
Some personal injury cases may include:
- Slip and fall cases: When someone leaves a slippery or cluttered surface at a workplace or business location, then you have good grounds for a slip and fall personal injury case.
- Product liability cases: Defective products may end up being dangerous to the user, causing personal harm. This is grounds for a personal injury claim.
- Car accident cases: Negligence often comes into play when vehicles collide on the road.
- Medical malpractice cases: When medical professionals fail to uphold the standard of care they must afford you and you become injured in their care, you may qualify for compensation.
- Dog bite cases: Dog bites can be quite serious, causing major injuries. When the owner has an idea that the dog could be vicious, then they are responsible for keeping it contained.
Recoverable Damages and Injuries in a Personal Injury Case
When a personal injury occurs, you may have damages that are recoverable by law. These can range, depending on exactly what happened. Some common injuries:
- Physical injuries, such as whiplash or broken bones
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Financial loss from being out of work
Buffalo Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Steps to Take After a Personal Injury
When getting into any type of accident, it’s a good idea to take a few steps immediately afterward. These include:
- Take notes: Writing down details that could be relevant to the case may become useful later.
- Fill out the police report, if applicable: Police reports are relevant in some cases, such as a car accident or dog bite case. Be sure to fill one out if it applies to you.
- Go to the ER: It is a good idea to get checked out after an accident because of injuries you do not see.
You also have a right to legal representation. You can contact Morelli Law Firm at
Working with an Attorney
After you hire a Buffalo personal injury lawyer, they will work diligently to create a case that meets the burden of proof. There is a good deal of evidence that your attorney will need to gather on your behalf. You won’t need to worry about managing these tasks because your attorney will handle it for you. Some of these jobs include:
- Assessing all the evidence
- Working with medical providers
- Scheduling medical exams
- Calculating lost income
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Negotiating settlements with insurance adjusters
- Representing your case in a trial if needed
Legal Rights in Personal Injury Cases
New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214 states that you can collect from your losses due to personal injury, but you must do so within the time allotted. You have up to three years to file a claim for injuries in New York. Your Buffalo personal injury lawyer will assist you with filing in a prompt manner.
Contact a Buffalo Personal Injury Lawyer
At Morelli Law Firm, our Buffalo personal injury lawyer is ready to take on your case so that you can move forward in life. We are prepared to negotiate with third parties to reach a satisfactory deal or take it to trial if need be.
This can allow you the peace of mind to focus on your recovery and spending time with your loved ones. You deserve to focus on yourself after an unfortunate accident; let us handle the legal aspects of your case.
See how a Buffalo personal injury lawyer can help you with your case. Start by calling Morelli Law Firm at