Traffic lights are critical fixtures at intersections. Without them, thousands of accidents would happen, resulting in death, injury, and property damage. Still, even with traffic lights, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) reports that running red lights is the most common cause of accidents in urban areas. Every year, over 165,000 motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists are injured in running-red-light accidents.
Did you or a loved one suffer injuries because of another driver’s inability to stop at a red light? If so, you may be entitled to compensation. Right now, you may have many questions regarding your legal options and the cost of your recoverable damages.
At Morelli Law Firm, we understand the flurry of emotions you may be feeling right now. We can help you hold the negligent party accountable for their actions. During a free, no-obligation case review, we will explain your legal options and help you pursue justice. We can also provide insight into what a Buffalo red light accident lawyer can do for you.
You can get in touch with our team by dialing (212) 751-9800.
Causes of Red Light Accidents in New York
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that running-red-light accidents are mainly caused by drunk driving, speeding, and reckless driving. To establish fault and liability for your losses, your lawyer may need to conduct an investigation into the cause of the crash.
Some contributors to your Buffalo motor vehicle accident may include:
- Distracted driving, which includes texting or talking while driving
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Poor visibility
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Driver inexperience
- Making illegal maneuvers
- Disregarding posted traffic lights and signals
If a driver is found to have engaged in any of these activities, they could be considered negligent. At Morelli Law Firm, a Buffalo red light accident lawyer can help you recover justice and compensation following a red light accident. Contact us at (212) 751-9800 to begin your free case evaluation.
Evidence That Could Support Your Case
NY Vehicle and Traffic (VAT) § 1110 clearly states that: “Every person shall obey the instructions of any official traffic control device.” Additionally, NY VAT § 1111 specifically describes the actions drivers must take when they reach a red traffic light. Your lawyer can utilize different pieces of evidence to determine the cause of your accident.
Some supporting pieces of information could include:
- The police report
- Traffic camera footage
- Photos of your injuries, vehicle, and the accident scene
- Statements from your health care team
- Statements from an accident reconstruction specialist
- Any admissions made by the other driver
Your lawyer may be able to use forms of evidence not included here. You may already have some pieces of evidence in your possession. If so, consider sharing those items with your legal team.
Buffalo Red Light Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Injuries and Losses from Red Light Accidents
The IIHS reports that in 2018, about 139,000 people suffered injuries in running-red-light accidents. These collisions cause billions of dollars in damages each year. While thinking about legal representation, you may have many concerns regarding the cost of your out-of-pocket expenses. The most costly part of your damages may include your medical bills.
A Buffalo red light accident lawyer can help you recover compensation for the following medical-related expenses:
- The treatment of your personal injuries
- Prescription medications
- Surgeries or other corrective procedures
- X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, and other diagnostic imaging scans
- Follow-up appointments
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Long-term medical equipment
Your injuries may have far-reaching effects on various areas of your life. For instance, you may be unable to work in the same capacity you used to. You may struggle with the cost of your vehicle’s repairs or face impairments to your quality of life. All of these losses (and more) can be added to the value of your case.
A lawyer from Morelli Law Firm can look at your situation as a whole and determine the cost of your expenses. You do not need to go through the legal process alone.
Examples of Car Accident Injuries
You should talk to your doctor regarding your physical condition if you have not done so already. They can create a treatment plan that seeks to remedy your injuries and symptoms. Furthermore, the information they give you can bolster the strength of your claim.
You may be struggling with one or more of the following injuries:
- Whiplash (common in rear-end collisions, per the Mayo Clinic)
- Broken or fractured bones
- Back or spinal cord trauma
- A traumatic brain injury, such as a concussion or brain bleed
- Cuts, bruises, and lacerations
- Internal organ damage or bleeding
You may be struggling with injuries not listed here. Still, you have financial recovery options. You should consider how a Buffalo red light accident lawyer can help you recover the cost of your health care expenses.
Call Morelli Law Firm Today
Did you or a loved one suffer injuries in a car accident? If so, consider the value of partnering with a Buffalo red light accident lawyer.
They can help you by:
- Evaluating the cause of your collision
- Naming all potentially liable parties
- Reviewing the details of the involved insurance policies
- Itemizing the cost of your out-of-pocket damages
- Gathering evidence of fault, negligence, and liability
- Negotiating with the liable party
- Explaining your legal rights
- Managing the deadlines associated with your case
- Presenting your lawsuit in court, if needed
If you have any concerns about the cost of legal representation, do not worry; Morelli Law Firm works on a contingency-fee-basis. We do not request payment for our services until your case is successfully resolved. Otherwise, you do not owe us our attorney’s fees.
We are determined to help you and your loved ones navigate this challenging time. To begin your free, no-obligation case evaluation, call Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800.