If you were injured while on site at a construction zone, consider hiring a lawyer who handles construction accident cases. Our legal team can help you build a personal injury case and pursue financial recovery on your behalf through a claim or lawsuit.
Our firm’s construction accident lawyers in New York handle personal injury cases involving construction accident victims. We also offer a free initial consultation to help you understand your available legal options and how to navigate the process.
We Have Won Millions for Construction Accident Victims
Our law firm always strives to help accident victims fight for the compensation they need to not only cover their current damages, but their future damages as well. If you suffered a severe injury that will affect you long-term or even permanently, then we want to examine what that could mean for the rest of your life.
Our legal team fights hard to get each client the best possible financial outcome in their case. Below are some of our top winnings in construction accident cases we’ve handled:
- $62 million for a construction worker who suffered a severe traumatic brain injury after falling off a roof
- $1.6 million for an electrician who suffered injuries after scaffolding moved underneath him, causing him to fall
- $1.5 million for a carpenter who lost his arm while working on a building in Manhattan
- $1.4 million for a maintenance man who suffered injuries after falling off a ladder
We are not afraid of taking on complex cases, so don’t let a construction company intimidate you. Our NY construction accident attorneys will stand by your side and help you fight for the compensation you need to obtain financial recovery.
We Can Calculate Damages to Determine Your Case’s Value
The construction company’s insurer might reach out to you to work out a settlement; however, we want to warn you that their first offer is often the lowest. If you have not properly calculated your damages, consider working with our law firm so that you can better understand what you may be entitled to receive.
How much compensation you may be able to receive depends on whether you are filing a workers’ compensation or personal injury case.
Workers’ Compensation Cases
Per WKC § 201, employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance coverage. It covers some medical bills, a portion of your wages, and death benefits.
Personal Injury Cases
If you are filing a personal injury lawsuit against a third party that contributed to the construction accident (or if you do not work for the construction company), then you may be able to recover the following types of damages:
- Medical treatment costs
- Income loss
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning potential
- Mental anguish and emotional duress
- Psychological trauma
- Permanent disability or loss of bodily function
- Property damage costs
- Physical disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
This is not a conclusive list, so we may suggest other damages not listed in this article during a consultation. Each case is different, so feel free to be open about the turmoil the accident put you through with your NY construction accident lawyer.
We Can Investigate Your Accident to Identify the Liable Party
Construction workers in New York belong to the state’s most fatal industry. Our team can help you file a lawsuit against a third party who was at fault for your construction accident or wrongful death, such as:
- The owner of the construction site: The owner can be held liable depending on their involvement in the job site.
- Contractors and subcontractors: Licensed contractors on the job are responsible for the safety at construction sites, ensuring everyone adheres to rules and regulations. If they fail to perform their duties, they can be held liable.
- Engineers and architects: Through their plans, drawings, and on-the-job directions for the construction to be performed, any failures due to engineers’ or architects’ miscalculations can make them liable.
- Manufacturers: Manufacturers can be held liable if their faulty products cause an accident during construction.
A New York construction accident attorney from our team can conduct a private investigation into your case to identify whose negligence may have contributed to your accident. Our team will also inform you about whether you may be able to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against more than one party.
New York’s Statute of Limitations Sets a Deadline to Your Case
If you are planning to hire a lawyer from our firm familiar with construction accident cases in New York, do so before you even think of filing the lawsuit. The statute of limitations varies depending on the lawsuit you wish to pursue:
- If you are pursuing a personal injury case, CPLR § 214 generally gives you three years to file a lawsuit.
- If you are pursuing a workers’ compensation lawsuit, WKC § 28 only gives you two years to file your case.
Therefore, taking legal action early on could prevent you from making a costly mistake. Also, the earlier you involve a lawyer from our team, the more time we will have to build your case.
You May Have Information That Can Help Build Your Case
When you consult our law firm, the first thing we will do is listen to your claims to determine whether you have a case. We may also ask about the information and details you have about the construction accident, including any financial losses and injuries you suffered. Some crucial documents we may request from you or on your behalf include:
- A record of missed workdays
- Your medical history and records
- Injury pictures at the time of the accident
- The official report about the accident
These can help the attorney to analyze your claims and know the best steps to take in handling your case.
Let a New York Construction Accident Attorney Represent You
At Morelli Law Firm, we have a team of New York construction accident attorneys who will help you gather evidence to prove your eligibility for compensation. Lawsuits require the art of negotiations, and all our attorneys are ready to argue your legal interests to an insurance company, judge, and jury.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a construction accident, our team wants to represent your interests throughout the entire litigation process. Call us today for a free consultation.