If you suffered injuries in a car accident in White Plains, New York, you have the right to file a claim against the driver who caused the crash, seeking reimbursement for your medical costs, pain, and suffering.
According to the Institute for Traffic Safety Management and Research (ITSMR), almost 435,000 automobile accidents happened in New York in 2018. Almost 122,000 of those crashes involved at least one injury, while 882 involved at least one fatality. Westchester County alone reported 20,595 auto accidents in 2018.
If you want help with your case, consider hiring a White Plains car accident lawyer. The team at Morelli Law Firm is ready to work on your behalf, seeking the fairest possible judgment for you. We can negotiate with the insurance company for you, freeing up your time to heal and focus on your family. For a free consultation, call us at (212) 751-9800 to get started as soon as possible.
Determining Negligence in Car Crash Cases
After a car crash, your case will need evidence to prove the other driver’s liability for your injuries and other damages. Indications that a driver could be found negligent in a car crash include:
- Issuance of a traffic ticket. If the police officer issues a traffic ticket to the other driver, this can be a key piece of evidence in proving the driver acted in a negligent or reckless manner before the crash.
- Distracted driving. If the other driver was eating, using a smartphone, talking to passengers, or was doing something else behind the wheel, he or she may not have had full attention on the road.
- Driving under the influence. Even if the other driver did not violate New York’s DUI laws with a blood alcohol content of .08% or higher, you and your attorney could argue that any drug or alcohol use contributed to the crash.
- Faulty vehicle maintenance. If the driver did not maintain his or her car properly, such as driving on unsafe tires or failing to fix burned out brake lights, it can cause an accident.
Other Negligent Parties
Occasionally, you may cite more than one party for negligence in your car accident case. For example, if the street where the crash occurred was in poor repair and played a role in the accident, you may be able to add the road department to your claim.
When you want help figuring out how to proceed with your personal injury case, consider contacting a White Plains car accident lawyer from Morelli Law Firm. We will study the facts in the case, ensuring we are able to determine exactly what happened and who to hold responsible for the accident.
Call Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800 today for a free review of your case.
Recoverable Items in Personal Injury Lawsuits
If you believe you have suffered an injury in a car accident, you should seek medical care within a day or two. Any medical documents you receive from your doctor can be important in supporting your case. They can prove not only your current injuries but also any long-term effects of your injuries and just how they will affect your life going forward.
There are a few areas in which you can seek reimbursement after suffering an injury in a car accident. These often include:
- Medical costs, such as your expenses for doctor visits, surgeries, and other medical treatments that you have paid out of pocket.
- Wages you lost while you were trying to recover from your injuries and were therefore unable to work.
- Pain and suffering, to compensate you for any long-term mental trauma related to the accident. This can include side effects such as nightmares or a fear of driving a car in the future, as well as any reduction in your quality of life.
- Future costs and losses. If doctors determine your injuries will linger well into the future, you can receive compensation for wages you will not be able to earn because of an inability to work like you did in the past, as well as for the estimation of your future medical bills for your ongoing treatments.
You may find that the other driver’s insurance company does not want to fully compensate you for items that you believe should be part of the settlement. Morelli Law Firm can use the facts in the case to argue for a greater settlement amount on your behalf.
White Plains Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
We Take Pride in Defending the Rights of Accident Victims
Hiring a law firm for your car accident case can help provide the support you need to secure the right compensation for your injuries and losses. While an insurance adjuster may seem to be working on your behalf, he or she is primarily interested in resolving the case as quickly as possible.
When you hire a White Plains car accident lawyer with Morelli Law Firm, you can be certain the team will work on your behalf, not on behalf of the insurance company. We will defend your rights against the insurer, using the facts in the case to show that you deserve the full settlement amount you are requesting.
If you are facing an uncertain future because of the injuries you have suffered in the car accident, you deserve to receive compensation for future wages you may not be able to earn and for long term pain and suffering. For a free consultation, contact Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800 today.