When someone acts in a negligent or reckless manner, it can lead to accidents that cause intense suffering. Unfortunately, when that happens, your life may turn upside down.
When you suffer from an accident caused by another party’s negligent actions, you should not have to deal with the consequences without compensation.
You may be able to seek financial recovery from the responsible party under personal injury laws. A Philadelphia personal injury lawyer from Morelli Law Firm may be able to represent you in settlement negotiations or a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party.
If the responsible party’s insurance company is not willing to make you a fair settlement offer, Morelli Law Firm is not afraid to take your case to trial.
Our firm wants you to have peace of mind and to be able to focus on your recovery when we handle your case. We offer a free, no-obligation phone call to Philadelphia accident victims to get started.
If you believe some else’s negligence caused your injuries, call Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800 and find out more information about your case.
Statute of Limitations in Personal Injury Cases
Pennsylvania’s law allows for personal injury cases. You have every right to pursue financial compensation if you’ve been injured. Just as with other states, there is a statute of limitations on personal injury cases, though. That means that you have to file your claim within a certain time after the accident takes place.
In Pennsylvania, you have up to two years to file a personal injury case according to Title 42 § 5524 in the PA General Assembly.
If this time limit expires before you take legal action, you could lose your right to recover compensation in a lawsuit, even if you have strong evidence in your defense.
Morelli Law Firm can discuss what legal deadlines pertain to your case when you call our firm for a free consultation.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
There are a variety of personal injury cases. In fact, just about any kind of accident that someone causes due to negligence may fall within the personal injury laws. These cases are based on what’s known as “tort law.” This law may allow you to recover financially when you are injured because of someone else’s wrongdoing.
Some types of personal injury cases include the following:
- Slip and falls: if someone falls or trips due to a slippery or cluttered surface, then a slip and fall case is probable.
- Premises liability: if a negligent property owner does not remove or warn about a hazard.
- Medical malpractice: you may not think that medical malpractice is a big problem, but it is the cause of numerous deaths each year. Other people can suffer personal injury from a physician’s negligent actions.
- Product liability: if a defective product harms a person, then you may be eligible for a product liability case.
- Car accidents: car accidents can happen in a split second. One wrong move and someone can be injured. When this happens, the negligent party may be responsible.
- Dog bites: if a dog bites and injures someone, then the owner is liable for the damages.
There are many more types of personal injury accidents. If you believe that someone else’s negligence caused your injuries, no matter what the situation, call Morelli Law Firm. A Philadelphia personal injury lawyer from our firm may be able to represent you.
Call us at (212) 751-9800 for a free, no-obligation consultation on your case.
Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Proving a Personal Injury Case
When you work with Morelli Law Firm, a Philadelphia personal injury lawyer from our firm can investigate your accident to determine who the liable party is. We can then gather evidence of their liability, which may include:
- Photos and videos
- Witness statement
- Police reports
- Your medical records
- Testimony from accident reconstruction experts
- And more
Once we have gathered this evidence, we can present it to the responsible party’s insurance company for settlement negotiations or submit it to a judge if your case goes to trial.
Recovering Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Personal injury cases can lead to many physical, emotional, and financial damages. Some of the damages you may be able to recover in a personal injury case include:
- Ambulance services and ER care
- Medical bills, including treatment, therapy, medication, and more
- Estimated future costs of medical care
- Financial loss of income from wages
- Pain and suffering
- And more
If your family member died as a result of the negligence of another party, you may be able to recover compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit, per Title 42 § 8301 of the PA General Assembly. This type of legal action could allow you to recover a different set of damages.
Working With a Lawyer in Your Case
When you work with Morelli Law Firm on your case, you can concentrate on your recovery while we:
- Answer your questions and provide legal advice
- Handle all legal deadlines, paperwork, and communications for you
- Identify the liable party
- Gather evidence of their liability
- Work with medical providers to assess the costs of your injuries
- Calculate lost wage information
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company
- Take your case to trial if they do not make you a fair offer
Contact Morris Law Firm Today
If you have been injured by a negligent act in Philadelphia, you are not alone. A Philadelphia personal injury lawyer from Morelli Law Firm may be able to represent you. Doing so would allow us to fully manage your case while you focus on your treatment and wellbeing.
Call Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800 for a free, no-obligation consultation with a member of our team.