According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), side-impact collisions can be especially devastating due to the limited materials between the collision and the passengers. Only a door and a window are there to shield them, but in many cases, this thin layer of protection leaves them vulnerable to harm.
If you were involved in a side-impact collision, you likely have painful and emotional injuries that have made life harder to manage. You could seek to be compensated for the injuries you sustained, and a personal injury lawyer can help you pursue action against the at-fault party who caused your hardship.
A Philadelphia side-impact collisions lawyer can help you determine what options you have after your accident. When you sustain injuries in an accident that someone else caused, you should not have to pay for the damage you suffered. A lawyer can help you fight for the financial recovery you deserve. Contact Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800 today to discuss your accident with us.
What Compensation You Could Seek in Your Case
Being in an accident that another driver caused can be a frustrating experience. Your day, and possibly even your life, has been completely disrupted by another driver’s mistakes. Even if you follow all the rules of the road, the drivers around you may not. Another person’s mistake can turn your life upside down.
A vehicle accident can disrupt your life in a multitude of ways, but it can also do more than just damage your vehicle. You could be left with medical bills, time off work, and no working vehicle. It can be challenging to pay for the harm done without any warning or way to manage it.
You could be entitled to compensation through an injury claim or lawsuit to cover various expenses and more. Possible compensation you could receive includes:
- Medical expenses: Medical expenses after an accident can be extensive. It could include hospital stays, doctor’s appointments, and treatment.
- Pain and suffering: You could be compensated for the physical and emotional distress you suffer.
- Vehicle damages: You would be compensated for vehicle damage. If your vehicle is beyond repair, you could be paid to replace it.
- Loss of wages: Your compensation could include the time you have to miss at work to recover from the accident. This includes the time you missed after the accident, along with the time you will need to receive accident-related medical care.
- A decrease in salary: Vehicle accidents can cause long-term medical problems. If you must decrease your hours or change positions for work, you could be compensated for a reduced salary.
- Future medical expenses: You could receive compensation in advance for any potential future medical expenses you may have, such as physical therapy or surgery.
You Have 2 Years to File an Injury Case in Your Side-Impact Collision
When you are in a side-impact collision, you have rights. To protect them, a Philadelphia side-impact collisions lawyer can help you determine the options that are available to you. Our team at Morelli Law Firm can walk you through the process of getting the compensation you deserve.
Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations sets the deadline for filing an injury case. According to Title 42 Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes § 5524, you have up to two years from the date of your accident to file legal action. If you file a lawsuit within the statute of limitations, you can seek financial recovery for the damages you endured.
You do not have to sit back and suffer from the pain that another driver caused. The financial repercussions from a vehicle accident can affect you for years to come. Fight for the compensation you deserve by calling (212) 751-9800. Morelli Law Firm is ready to help you protect your rights in your side-impact collision accident.
Philadelphia Side-Impact Collisions Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
How Working with a Lawyer on Your Case Saves You Time
It can be overwhelming to think of taking legal action to recover damages, especially if you are healing from your injuries. This is where a lawyer can help you. Morelli Law Firm can take care of your legal matters, managing your case from beginning to end. Your attorney can:
- Handle essential case paperwork and ensure you do not miss the statute of limitations deadline.
- Establish that the other driver’s negligence caused your side-impact collision in your injury case.
- Review the evidence you have and help you collect other evidence to prove your case.
- Reach out to expert witnesses who can offer insight that can strengthen your case to hold the liable party accountable for your accident.
- Manage communications with all involved parties, including the opposed party’s legal representative and insurer. This allows you more time to focus on recovering from your accident.
- Keep you updated on all developments in your case, ensuring that you stay on top of what is happening.
There are many benefits to having a legal team that looks out for your needs. We can advise you of other laws that apply to your case and keep everything on track with the aim that your case ends in a favorable outcome for you.
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation
The Morelli Law Firm team is here to advocate for you throughout this process. Call