If you suffered injuries from a car accident, you should not need to bear the financial responsibility of these damages. You have rights under Pennsylvania’s personal injury laws that allow you to pursue compensation for your damages if you can prove that another party is liable for your accident.
A car accident lawyer in Philadelphia from our firm can help you make your case. When our team represents you, you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries while we build your case, negotiate with insurance companies, and go to trial to advocate for you, if necessary.
We Can Help You Fight to Recover Your Car Accident Damages
After a car accident, you may be struggling to keep up with its immediate financial demands, especially if you are also trying to heal from your injuries at the same time. Vehicle accidents can bring on several inconveniences and hardships, which is why we want to help you fight for the compensation you need to cover these costs.
We will investigate to determine who can be held liable for your damages, then send them a demand letter requesting compensation for your damages. These damages may include:
- Medical expenses: If your injuries required medical care, we want to factor in these costs, which may include costs for doctor’s visits, surgeries, imaging exams, prescription medicines, etc.
- Property damage: If your property was damaged in the accident, we can fight for compensation to cover the costs to fix or replace your property. Some examples of property include cars, motorcycles, bicycles, and home fencing.
- Income loss: If you were forced to take unpaid time off to heal from your injuries or attend medical appointments, we can fight to recover your lost wages. If you lost benefits as a result of your injuries or even in your job in general, we can also account for these losses.
- Reduced earning potential: If you were forced to take a lower-paying job because your injuries prevent you from fulfilling your regular work duties, we can account for the difference in salary you would have made had you not been injured.
- Pain and suffering: Beyond financial damages, car accidents can cause significant physical pain, emotional distress, and even psychological trauma. We will examine how much you suffered as a result of your injuries.
There are other losses that you may qualify to claim. Once our car accident lawyers in Philadelphia review your case, we will discuss what compensatory damages you could recover.
Wrongful Death Damages
In tragic car accidents, a person might pass away as a result of their injuries, whether immediately or later on. We want to extend our condolences to you and your family if you lost a loved one in a car accident and remind you that you have the right to pursue compensation for the damages this loss caused you.
Our car accident lawyers in Philadelphia, PA, can help you file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit and help you file for additional damages not listed previously, such as:
- Funeral expenses: We can fight to recover the costs for arranging your loved one’s funeral service, including the costs for their burial or cremation.
- Future income loss: If your loved one contributed income to your family, we can calculate how much they would have made and contributed to your family had they still been alive.
- Medical expenses: If your loved one received emergency medical treatment up until their passing, we will demand compensation to cover these debts inherited from them.
- Emotional losses: Losing a loved one has a significant impact on the family dynamic, so we will also factor how you and your family have been affected emotionally. This includes loss of companionship, parental guidance, love and affection, and consortium.
The Statute of Limitations Affects How Long You Have to File Your Case
Do not delay if you are considering taking legal action after your car accident. Pa. C.S.A. § 5524 generally allows two years for car accident victims to file a personal injury lawsuit.
If you wait too long and allow this time limit to pass, you may lose your right to recover compensation in a lawsuit, even if you have strong evidence in your defense.
Our Personal Injury Team Can Help You Build Your Car Accident Claim or Lawsuit
When you work with a Philadelphia car accident attorney, our team will:
- Answer your questions and discuss the possible outcomes of your case
- Identify the liable party
- Gather evidence of their liability
- Gather evidence of your damages
- Hire accident reconstruction and medical experts for testimony in your defense, if necessary
- Manage the legal deadlines, paperwork, and communications in your case
- Negotiate with the responsible party’s insurance company for a settlement
- Take the case to trial if they are not willing to make you a fair offer
What to Do After a Car Accident
After a car accident, you may be in shock about what happened. However, there are some actions you can take that may be able to help your case:
Get Medical Care
First and foremost, you should seek immediate medical care after your car accident. Even if it seems like your injuries are minor, they could be internal or worse than you think.
Seeing a doctor promptly after your car accident can also create a link in your medical record between the accident and your injuries that may be used as evidence in your case.
Write It Down
Take a moment to jot down the details of what happened. You can also record yourself describing the incident on your phone.
Get Eyewitness Information
If eyewitnesses saw the accident, ask them for a statement or their phone number. A Philadelphia car accident attorney may be able to locate eyewitnesses after the accident to provide statements.
Make a Police Report
Make sure to be thorough and accurate when telling the police what happened in your accident.
Connect With a Philadelphia Car Accident Attorney at Our Firm
If you were injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, there is help available. A trusted Philadelphia car accident attorney from our firm may be able to stand beside you and fight your case.
A representative of Morelli Law Firm can discuss what deadlines pertain to your case when you call us or fill out our contact form. A no-obligation case consultation is free for Philadelphia car accident victims.