Car accidents, medical malpractice incidents, and even slip and falls can lead to fatal injuries. If your loved one has passed away after sustaining critical injuries in an accident caused by another party, you are entitled to file a claim for compensation.
Our fatal accident lawyers in Philadelphia understand how hard it is to lose someone close to you. This is why they’ll draw on their connections, resources, and legal expertise to secure the damages you and your family need to grieve comfortably. Contact Morelli Law for compassionate and effective legal counsel.
Damages a Lawyer Can Secure With a Fatal Accident Claim in Philadelphia
When someone dies in an accident caused by another individual or entity, their surviving family members may experience a number of different financial and emotional losses. If you’re mourning the loss of a loved one who was taken far too soon, a fatal accident attorney from our firm in Philadelphia can obtain the following damages on your behalf:
- Medical bills. Bills for end-of-life medical care are often passed down to surviving family members. These damages can cover any medical expenses your loved one left unpaid.
- Loss of financial support. If you depended on your loved one’s income, you might be unsure of how you’ll make ends meet. Our attorneys will ensure your fatal accident claim includes compensation for your loss of income.
- Funeral costs. Celebrating the life of the deceased will help you progress through the grieving process. These damages can cover the cost of the decedent’s funeral and burial.
- Pain and suffering. If your loved one’s injuries caused them a great deal of physical pain before they passed, these damages can be added to your claim.
- Reduced quality of life. Some injuries don’t cause death right away. If your loved one was forced to suffer for months or years before succumbing to their injury, your fatal accident attorney can secure damages for reduced quality of life.
- Loss of companionship. Losing a spouse or family member can be incredibly traumatic and leave one feeling like they have no one to confide in or look to for emotional support. If you’re experiencing loss of companionship after the death of a loved one, a lawyer from our firm can request these damages.
Our Lawyers From Philadelphia Can File a Claim for a Variety of Fatal Accidents
Virtually any type of accident can result in loss of life if the injuries sustained are severe enough. Our attorneys can attest to that truth, as they’ve helped grieving families file claims for a number of different fatal accidents in Philadelphia. If your loved one has passed away in one of the following scenarios, our team can help you recover compensation:
According to Pennsylvania’s Department of Transportation, car accident fatalities increased by 6.6% between 2019 and 2020. This tragic news makes it all the more important to arm yourself with the legal information necessary to deal with a fatal accident.
If someone you love was killed in a car wreck, an attorney from our firm will work with accident investigators to learn more about the accident. Once they’ve gathered the relevant facts and evidence, they’ll file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
Commercial Truck Accident
Fatal truck accidents are usually handled a bit differently than the average auto accident. If your loved one passed away due to injuries suffered in a commercial or 18-wheeler truck collision, the National Highway and Transportation Safety Board will conduct the accident investigation.
One of our Philadelphia-based fatal accident lawyers will use the information uncovered in the investigation to build a claim on your family’s behalf. If your case is successful, you’ll receive compensation for all the financial and emotional losses you’ve incurred.
If your family member has passed away in a workplace accident, a fatal accident attorney from Morelli Law can help you file a workers’ compensation claim for death benefits. Death benefits can be awarded to the decedent’s spouse and any dependent children under the age of 18.
If a contractor, manufacturer, or another third party played a part in the workplace incident, our team will consider filing a wrongful death lawsuit against them. The compensation you can receive from such a suit is far more comprehensive than workers’ comp death benefits, so we’ll do our best to pursue this legal option.
Slip and Fall
Hitting your head on the ground after taking a fall can cause brain trauma and complications that ultimately lead to death. If your loved one has passed away after a slip and fall accident, our Philadelphia lawyers can file a fatal accident claim with the property owner’s liability insurance company.
Philadelphia Fatal Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Our Attorneys Will Pursue Your Fatal Accident Case in Philadelphia for a Contingency Fee
Unexpected funeral costs, inherited medical bills, and lost income associated with the loss of a loved one can take a serious toll on your savings. You’ve already had to deal with enough financial pressure, so why should you have to pony up for an attorney?
Our fatal accident lawyers in Philadelphia believe no one should have to pay out of pocket for legal counsel, especially if they’ve just lost a family member in a tragic accident. That’s why they offer their services on a contingency-fee basis. That means they’ll take a portion of the compensation you receive instead of charging you upfront.
Contact a Philadelphia Attorney Today for Help With Your Fatal Accident Case
After losing a loved one, your first instinct might be to retreat inwards and avoid contact with others. While the grieving process is important, it’s also crucial that you take the steps required to secure the compensation you deserve.
The money you receive from a claim can help you pay unexpected bills and afford you the financial buffer you need to properly mourn your loss. Contact Morelli Law to schedule a case evaluation with a fatal accident attorney in Philadelphia. They’ll make sure you and your family members are taken care of during this dark time in your lives.