If you or a loved one was injured in a head-on collision, you can bring a personal injury claim or lawsuit to recover compensation for your injuries and damages.
At Morelli Law Firm, we offer a free consultation so that you can learn more about your potential case, how to take action, and the amount of damages that you may be entitled to receive. Find out how a Philadelphia head-on collisions lawyer can help you by calling (212) 751-9800 today.
Calculating How Much Your Case Is Worth
There are many different types of damages that you can claim in your lawsuit. If you do not claim them before the case is over, then you lose the chance to claim them at all. This is why it is so important to keep good records of your expenses and to make sure that you are claiming every penny that you are owed.
Damages that personal injury accident victims can claim include:
- Medical treatments
- Physical therapy
- Medical equipment
- Lost earnings
- Reduced earning capacity
- Long-term disabilities or permanent injuries
- Reduced quality of life
- Pain and suffering
Working with a Lawyer
If you file a civil suit, there are important rules you must follow, such as state deadlines, also known as the statute of limitations. For a personal injury lawsuit, the victim only has two years from the accident to file their lawsuit in court, according to 42 Pa. C.S.A. § 5524.
The same statute applies to family members who wish to file a wrongful death lawsuit if their loved one died in the collision. Given enough notice, your lawyer can help you comply with the deadline.
In addition to filing your case in a timely manner, other ways that your lawyer will help you include:
- Investigating your case
- Locating important evidence to support your claim
- Working with expert witnesses and consultants
- Making sure that you follow all applicable court rules
- Identifying who is responsible for your injuries
- Negotiating a settlement
- Communicating with insurance companies
- Making sure that you receive the appropriate insurance payout
- Preparing for trial if necessary
- Answering your questions and keeping you informed
To learn more about how a Philadelphia head-on collisions lawyer can help you, reach out to Morelli Law Firm. There is no obligation to proceed, and the consultation is totally free. You have nothing to lose, so call now (212) 751-9800.
Philadelphia Head-On Collisions Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
How to Prove Fault in Your Case
If you pursue compensation, you or your lawyer will need to show that the other party is at fault for the accident. If you decide to pursue a settlement, the other party may not admit fault and may instead agree to pay you a sum of money in exchange for your promise to not sue them in court.
Either way, having an understanding of when someone is liable for a car accident and what you need to prove can help your case. In general, there are four elements that you or your lawyer need to prove in a personal injury case, which are:
- The other driver owed you a duty to drive with reasonable care and skill. This includes following traffic laws, not driving while intoxicated, and not getting distracted while driving.
- The other driver did not drive according to this duty. Examples include crossing a centerline, driving recklessly, failing to yield the right-of-way, and texting while driving.
- The other driver’s failure to drive according to this duty was the cause of your injuries. If something else was the major cause of your accident, like a road hazard, then the other party may not be required to pay you compensation.
- You suffered damages that are reasonably related to the accident.
Proving these elements can become a complicated process, especially if there were no witnesses to the accident. You may need to work with experts like accident reconstruction analysts. These specialists can investigate all of the available information and draw a conclusion about how the accident happened and who is at fault.
A few other types of evidence that you or your lawyer can seek out include:
- Police reports
- Photos of your injuries, the accident scene, and the road conditions
- Video surveillance
- Skid marks or other indications at the scene of the accident
- Medical records and examinations
- Inspections of the vehicles involved in the accident
Your lawyer can handle all aspects of your case while you focus on your recovery.
Injuries After a Head-On Crash
The types of injuries that you may be experiencing as the result of a head-on collision are virtually endless. If the accident happened at high-speed, there is a good chance that they are severe and have left you with a devastating amount of pain. Some of the common injuries that head-on accident victims experience include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Severe bruising
- Neck and back injuries
- Being thrown from the vehicle
- Crush injuries
Call Morelli Law Firm Today to Get Started on Your Case
If you have questions about other types of injuries or damages that you have suffered as a result of the crash, it may be a good idea to hire a Philadelphia head-on collisions lawyer.
You can call Morelli Law Firm now for a free consultation. This is a great first step towards asserting your legal rights and getting the financial support that you deserve. Get help now at (212) 751-9800.