Rear-end collisions are those in which the front of one vehicle strikes the rear of another vehicle.
If you were injured in a rear-end accident in any capacity, a New York rear-end collisions lawyer from Morelli Law Firm may be able to investigate your case and pursue the responsible party for compensation on your behalf. Recoverable damages in settlement negotiations or a personal injury lawsuit may include your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Morelli Law Firm offers a free consultation to New York rear-end collision victims. To discuss your case and your legal options with a member of our team, call (212) 751-9800 today.
We may be able to handle your case on a contingency-fee-basis with no up-front payment required.
Injuries and Losses from Rear-End Collisions
A wide range of injuries can result from a rear-end collision. Victims may experience:
- Face injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal injuries
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Airbag impact injury
- And more
It is not uncommon for victims of rear-end collisions to have anxiety or post-traumatic stress symptoms related to their accident as well.
We recommend that you seek immediate medical care after a rear-end collision. Even if you think your injuries are minor, you could have subtle or delayed symptoms. Pain that you might assume will heal on its own—such as whiplash—could persist and later require treatment.
Seeing a doctor promptly after your accident allows your injuries to be diagnosed and treated, and it could create an important link in your medical record between that accident. Your injuries then could be used as evidence if you decide to pursue a case for compensation against the responsible party.
Negligent Driving Can Cause Rear-End Collisions
When a driver behaves in a negligent manner and causes a car accident, they may be liable for the injuries that cause others. There are many ways that driver negligence can cause a rear-end collision, including:
- Driving while distracted: this includes texting and driving, interacting with a passenger, adjusting the radio or device controls, eating, applying makeup, and anything else that takes the driver’s attention off the road.
- Following too closely: this limits the amount of time the rear driver has to react to changes in road conditions ahead of him or her. All drivers must maintain a safe distance between their vehicle and the ones in front of them.
- Intoxicated driving: alcohol and substance abuse can cause an accident, especially since intoxicants can impair decision-making, slow reaction times, and reduce a driver’s inhibitions, leading to riskier driving.
- Aggressive, careless, or reckless driving: any type of dangerous or selfish driving other than responsible driving within all legal limits can be considered negligent and can cause a serious rear-end crash.
If you believe that another driver’s negligence caused your rear-end collision, they may be liable for your damages. To discuss your case in a free consultation with a member of our team, call Morelli Law Firm today at (212) 751-9800.
New York Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Proving Liability in Your Case
A New York rear-end collisions lawyer from Morelli Law Firm may be able to identify the liable party in your case, even in complex rear-end collision cases with multi-party liability.
By taking account of when and where an accident occurred, how fast you or the other vehicle were traveling, gathering video or photo evidence of property damage or skid marks, obtaining a police report and dashcam footage, and interviewing eyewitnesses, we may be able to build a case that proves your innocence in a rear-end crash. We can also hire accident reconstruction experts to testify in your defense, if necessary.
Perhaps your rear-end accident was caused by a negligent mechanic who did not properly install another driver’s breaks. Or perhaps a negligent municipality allowed their traffic signals to malfunction, causing your collision. Morelli Law Firm can investigate complex cases like these, where liability may go beyond the other driver, and pursue any party whose negligence makes them liable for your injuries.
How Morelli Law Firm Can Manage Your Case
In addition to identifying the liable party in your accident and gathering evidence against them, a New York rear-end collisions lawyer from Morelli Law Firm can provide the following services while you concentrate on your recovery:
- Handling all communications, deadlines, and paperwork in your case
- Coordinating your case in compliance with New York law
- Gathering evidence of the extent of your injuries
- Negotiating with the responsible party’s insurance company for a settlement
- Taking your case to trial if they are unwilling to make you a fair offer
Per New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214, New York generally imposes a three-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits. If you allow this legal deadline to pass before taking legal action, it could prevent you from recovering compensation, even if you have strong evidence of the responsible party’s liability.
To learn about our legal services and the specific deadlines that pertain to your case, call Morelli Law Firm. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can start working for you.
Call Morelli Law Firm Today
You do not need to face a lengthy recovery process, time missed from work, and a personal injury lawsuit on your own. A New York rear-end collisions lawyer from Morelli Law Firm may be able to manage your case and pursue compensation on your behalf while you focus on healing and getting your life back to normal.
To discuss your case with a member of our team in a free, no-obligation consultation, call Morelli Law Firm today at (212) 751-9800.