Even if you are extremely careful on the road, other drivers may place you in danger by failing to consider road safety
If you have been a victim of another driver performing an improper lane change, you may have the legal right to seek financial recovery. A New York accident caused by improper lane changes lawyer from Morelli Law Firm may be able to assist you during these trying times.
If you qualify, our firm can pursue compensation for your damages in a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. We also handle wrongful death cases.
For a free consultation on your case with a member of our team, call Morelli Law Firm today at (212) 751-9800. We represent clients on a contingency-fee-basis with no upfront payments required.
Negligence Is a Common Cause of Improper Lane Change Accidents
Accidents do not happen without an initial cause. While many accidents may occur without a malicious intent to harm anyone, this point is not a valid reason to excuse liability.
Improper lane change accidents may be caused by negligent actions such as:
- A lack of checking blind spots before performing a lаnе change
- Changing lanes where it is not permitted
- Failure to signal a lane change
- Not checking to make sure a lane is clear before entering it
- Drivеr distraction as a result of such events as cell рhоnе uѕе, reading, or eating
- Operating a motor vеhiсlе while under thе influеnсе оf drugѕ оr аlсоhоl
In unsafe lane change scenarios, violation of safety measures can result in various types of crashes that may include:
- Vehicle rollover
- Side-swept collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Off-road accidents
Each driver has a duty to observe proper driving lanes to comply with customs and promote road safety. The failure to do so can be a breach of duty, and a victim may be able to hold the driver liable for resultant damages.
If you are a victim of such an accident, Morelli Law Firm may be able to assist you.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help Protect Your Rights
Morelli Law Firm recognizes the importance of exercising your rights as a victim of negligent road practices. When you work with a New York accident caused by improper lane changes lawyer from our firm, we may be able to assist you by:
- Collecting evidence of the responsible party’s breach of duty
- Collecting evidence of your damages and their value
- Obtaining and preserving crucial evidence
- Protecting your rights
- Handling communication and negotiation with other parties
- Representing you in settlement negotiations
- Representing you on trial if necessary
Suffering damages as a result of a motor vehicle accident can trigger a traumatic event. Morelli Law Firm may be able to support you at this time by handling your case for compensation while you focus on your recovery.
Call Morelli Law Firm today (212) 751-9800 for a free case evaluation with a member of our team.
New York Improper Lane Changes Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can cause serious physical and mental injuries. These injuries may include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Deep scrapes and cuts
- Broken ribs and other types of bone injuries
- Ligament, muscle, and tendon injuries
- Permanent damage, such as long-term disability
- Internal organ damage or serious bleeding
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- And more
If you were hurt in a car accident, make sure to see a medical provider for an evaluation as soon as possible after your accident.
There are two important reasons for this. First, you may have subtle or delayed injury symptoms that you do not recognize, and even your minor injuries may require treatment to heal. A doctor can diagnose and start treating your accident-related injuries.
Second, your medical record may serve as evidence in your case that the accident caused your injuries and not something else.
Fatal Car Accidents
In the worst-case scenario, car accidents can be fatal. If you have lost a loved one in a car accident caused by another party’s negligence, Morelli Law Firm may be able to help you file a wrongful death lawsuit. This may allow you to recover wrongful death damages such as funeral and burial costs, pre-death medical expenses, and more.
To learn more about the requirements for filing a wrongful death lawsuit in New York, call Morelli Law Firm today.
Recoverable Damages in a Car Accident Case
In a personal injury claim or lawsuit for car accident injuries, the recoverable damages may include:
- Post-accident emergency medical care
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages for the time you were unable to work during your recovery
- Reduced earning capability
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- And more
Morelli Law Firm can explore your damages and collect proof of their value when we represent you.
Call Morelli Law Firm Today
As a victim, you may have the right to pursue financial recovery for damages suffered in a motor vehicle accident. A New York accident caused by improper lane changes lawyer from Morelli Law Firm may be able to handle this process on your behalf while you concentrate on your recovery.
It is important to note that there are deadlines to sue in New York. In general, victims have:
- Three years to file a personal injury lawsuit, per NY Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) § 214
- Two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, per NY Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) § 5-4.1
Failure to take legal action by the appropriate deadline could result in the dismissal of your lawsuit.
For a free consultation with a member of our team—including details on what specific deadlines pertain to your case—call Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800 today.
We may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee-basis where you do not pay us attorney fees unless and until you recover compensation via a settlement offer or court award.