If you have been injured or a loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident in NYC, you may be able to seek compensation through a personal injury claim or lawsuit. A lawyer from our firm who handles motorcycle accident cases in New York can investigate the case, determine liability, and pursue compensation on your behalf.
Our personal injury attorneys at Morelli Law Firm can represent you in settlement negotiations or at trial. You may be able to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and more. A member of our team can provide a free case review and explore your legal options today. We may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee-basis with no upfront payments necessary.
Can Hiring a New York Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help Your Case?
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in New York, you may be suffering from life-altering injuries. You may need time to recover from those injuries, whether they are physical or mental. You may be in and out of hospital visits, taking time to rest, and adjusting to a new normal at home.
Seeking legal representation may be a good option so that you can focus on recovering instead of on coordinating a legal action. A motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm can do the following while you focus on getting your health and life back to normal:
- Review the motorcycle accident case
- Identify and investigate the liable party
- Determine the monetary value of the injuries and losses you sustained from the crash
- Handle all communications, deadlines, and paperwork
- Negotiate for a settlement offer with the responsible party’s insurance company
- Go to trial and defend your rights before a judge or jury, if necessary
Our Attorneys Will Work to Build a Strong Case on Your Behalf
In addition to the list mentioned above, our team will build a strong case supporting your side of what happened. We will do all of the following:
● Collect evidence: We will gather the police report, medical records, eyewitness testimony, and photographs and/or surveillance video of the accident scene and your injuries.
● Hire expert witnesses: We will bring together a team of expert witnesses who will provide testimony to support the case. This includes medical and rehabilitation experts, accident reconstruction specialists, and life care planners.
● Keep you updated on the case: We will always keep you up to date on any new developments in the case. Our team will never leave you in the dark.
A New York motorcycle accident lawyer from our team at Morelli Law Firm will answer your questions and provide legal advice throughout our work together.
Proving Liability in a Motorcycle Accident Case
In order to recover compensation for your injuries, our team must prove that another party’s negligence caused the accident. There are many ways that this can happen:
A driver’s negligence can cause a motorcycle accident if they:
- Make a turn or change lanes without checking for a motorcycle
- Are driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Are texting and driving
- Violate a traffic law, such as failure to yield or running a stop sign
Of course, these are not the only negligent actions that can make a driver liable for motorcycle accident injuries.
If a negligent mechanic fails to properly service your motorcycle and this leads to an accident, they may be liable for the damages. If a defective product caused the accident, such as a faulty tire on your motorcycle or the car that hit you, the product manufacturer may be the liable party.
The City of New York is required to maintain safe roads. If an unmarked road hazard or other dangerous condition caused the accident, a local government agency or roadside construction crew may be liable.
A motorcycle accident lawyer from Morelli Law Firm can investigate your NYC accident to determine who may be liable for your injuries. As you can see, there may be several different parties who contributed to the accident and your subsequent injuries. We can gather evidence from the accident scene, witness statements, and testimony from accident reconstruction experts to defend your rights and hold those responsible to account.
If you believe that another party’s negligence caused or contributed to the motorcycle accident, the personal injury team at Morelli Law Firm is ready to get to work on your case right away.
New York Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Recoverable Damages in a Personal Injury Claim for a Motorcycle Accident in New York
Depending on the specific details of the case, you may be able to recover the following types of damages:
- Hospital bills and all costs of treatment and rehabilitation
- Estimated future costs of medical care
- Lost wages
- Future loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
Make sure to keep any pertinent information regarding your motorcycle accident, injuries, and losses. This includes receipts, pain prescriptions, notes about lifestyle changes you had to make, etc. You may be able to use these items to help establish the value of your damages.
While some of these damages are easy to calculate, others can be more difficult to put a price tag on, such as pain and suffering. A motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm can hire medical and occupational experts to estimate the value of these non-economic damages when we represent you.
See What our Clients Have Been Saying About us
At Morelli Law Firm, we take pride in protecting each client’s rights and fighting for the best possible settlement or court award on their behalf. Here are just a few examples of what our clients over the years have had to say about our hard work and dedication:
- “From the moment Ben Morelli appeared, I was confident we’d made the right decision. Morelli was straightforward, empathetic, and above all, a no-nonsense communicator.” – Mike Walsh (won part of a $265 million settlement after he was injured in the Amtrack 188 derailment)
- “He was in complete control of the case… he was there to comfort them and to assure them that everything will be alright.” – Victor Gallego (Brother and son of the victims who were severely injured in a bus accident)
- “One thing is for sure, we were incredibly lucky and truly blessed. Throughout the process you have been amazing.” – Jane Boswell (On a confidential settlement for her and her daughter who were both involved in a terrible accident when their car was hit by a tractor-trailer)
Our injury team has been there for many clients over the past decades, and we can be there for you in your time of need. A lawyer from our firm who handles motorcycle accident cases in NYC can analyze the details of your case, identify all of the liable parties, and hold them legally accountable in an injury claim or lawsuit.
The Statute of Limitations in Your Case
One of the most important laws pertaining to a personal injury claim is something known as a statute of limitations. This is essentially a deadline for when you can file a claim to seek compensation for your injuries. The statute of limitations in New York for a personal injury lawsuit is generally three years, according to New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214.
If you allow this deadline to pass, it may prevent you from recovering compensation via a lawsuit, even if you have robust evidence in the case.
If you are bringing a wrongful death action on behalf of a loved one, you only have two years beginning on the date of their passing per Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1. Allow our team to file all pertinent paperwork with the court so you can focus on your family during this difficult time.
Call the Attorneys at Morelli Law Firm Today
If you would like support with a New York motorcycle case, an accident lawyer from Morelli Law Firm may be able to provide you with legal support. Allow us to handle all aspects of the case while you focus on recuperating from your injuries.
Call today for a free case review with a member of our team. We can also discuss what specific legal deadlines pertain to your case during this call.