New York’s aggressive drivers and fast pace of life is a recipe for pedestrian fatalities and severe injuries. If you’ve been hit by a negligent driver while walking on a crosswalk or sidewalk, you need a pedestrian accident attorney in New York from Morelli Law Firm.
Our lawyers have represented thousands of victims just like you. They know the steps involved in securing maximum compensation, and they’re prepared to take them. Your attorney will investigate your accident, identify the guilty party, and negotiate the settlement you need to cover your medical bills and other losses.
How Much a Pedestrian Accident Case Is Worth in New York
Our attorneys have a history of delivering highly favorable results for pedestrian accident victims in New York. In the past, they won $5.5 million for a pedestrian who was hit while using a crosswalk, and $990,000 for a victim of a similar incident.
While we can’t guarantee that your payout will exceed a million dollars, we can assure you that our lawyers will fight hard to win compensation equal to the value of all your losses. Depending on the expenses and hardships you’ve been saddled with, you might qualify for the following damages:
- Medical expenses. These damages include the cost of hospital and doctor’s visits, procedures, and prescription medication.
- Lost wages. Many New Yorkers can’t afford to take time off from work to recuperate from a serious injury. Thankfully, our pedestrian accident lawyers can get you compensation for any paychecks you miss out on while taking time to recover.
- Decreased earning ability. Traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and other conditions sustained in pedestrian accidents can make it incredibly difficult for victims to work their jobs. If your injuries have decreased your earning ability, your attorney can get you compensated.
- Pain and suffering. Painful injuries can seriously disrupt your daily life for long periods of time. These damages can make up for the suffering you’ve been put through.
- Mental distress. Getting hit by a car or other vehicle can be a traumatizing experience. If you’ve been diagnosed with PTSD or anxiety following a pedestrian accident in New York, a lawyer from our firm can secure payment for mental distress.
- Diminished quality of life. If your injuries are preventing you from participating in the activities and engaging in the relationships that give your life meaning, our team can add these damages to your claim.
If your spouse or loved one has passed away due to injuries sustained in a pedestrian accident, our hearts go out to you and your family. To get the compensation you need to deal with this tragedy, we recommend contacting a wrongful death lawyer.
Our Attorneys Can File a Claim for a Variety of Pedestrian Accidents in New York
Different types of accident claims require different skill sets and resources. Fortunately, our New York pedestrian accident lawyers have experience litigating nearly every kind of pedestrian accident case. If you’ve been harmed in one of the following scenarios, our attorneys will be able to recover damages:
- Distracted driver
- Intoxicated driver
- Poor turning
- Crosswalk accident
- Hit by a car backing up
- Child hit while getting off a school bus
These are just a few examples of the types of cases our lawyers can take on. If you were struck by a careless driver and don’t see your accident type listed above, we can still help you!
New York Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Our Pedestrian Accident Team in New York Will Work Hard to Secure a Settlement
Your lawyer will have to build a strong pedestrian accident claim and negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company to get you the payment you need. Navigating this process on your own would be virtually impossible, but with the help of a lawyer you’ll be able to succeed in the following steps:
Investigating Your Case
A thorough investigation is the foundation of a successful pedestrian accident claim. Your New York attorney will use all the documents, photos, reports, and eye-witness testimonies they can get their hands on to learn more about your case. The evidence they gather will prove invaluable when negotiating a settlement and, if necessary, taking your case to trial.
Once your lawyer has examined every aspect of your pedestrian accident, they’ll ideally be able to identify the guilty party and prove that they are liable for your losses. In order to do that, they’ll have to establish that the driver owed you a duty of care and that they’re reckless actions were a violation of that duty.
Next, your attorney will prove that the driver’s violation directly caused your injuries. In order to help with this step, we suggest taking pictures of your injuries after the accident. Once your lawyer has proof of causation, they’ll just need to show that your injuries resulted in monetary and non-monetary losses. Then, you’ll be one step closer to your compensation
Negotiating With Insurers
At this point, your attorney will have constructed a strong claim for your New York pedestrian accident. To seal the deal, they’ll need to sit down with the offending driver’s insurance company representatives and hammer out a deal that works for you.
Insurance negotiations can be tricky, as adjusters are never immediately willing to offer a fair figure, but this isn’t our first rodeo. Your lawyer will have gone through this process a thousand times over, so you can be confident that they won’t leave the negotiating table without securing a settlement that covers every last one of your losses.
Contact Our Lawyers for Assistance With Your Pedestrian Accident Case in New York
Reckless and negligent drivers need to be held accountable when they cause injury to unsuspecting pedestrians. If you’ve been struck by a car, bus, taxi, or any other kind of vehicle, our pedestrian accident attorneys in New York can help you file a claim.
Your attorney will conduct an in-depth investigation into your accident and find the evidence they need to hold the guilty party responsible. Once they’ve established liability, it won’t be long until you have the money you need to pay your medical bills and deal with the pain and mental trauma you’ve been put through.
Contact Morelli Law Firm today for your free case evaluation.