If you’ve been hurt by a FedEx driver and are thinking about representing yourself, you should know that the company has a team of attorneys on staff whose primary responsibility is to safeguard the company’s assets. They won’t make it easy, nor will they fight fair.
If a truck accident stains the company’s good name or future financial viability, its legal staff is prepared to take immediate action. Their staff members start the process of damage control as soon as possible, beginning with the truck driver who has been trained in what to do in the event of an accident.
You can schedule a consultation with one of our FedEx truck accident lawyers in Englewood to get free legal counsel if you need assistance building a defense. The Morelli Law Firm is proud of its track record of historic victories against powerful companies like FedEx.
After Being Hit By a FedEx Truck
If a FedEx truck strikes your automobile, it could result in significant damage, particularly if you’re driving a smaller car. You can have missed money, medical expenses, property damage, and much more. You may be affected by a serious collision for the rest of your life.
Fortunately, if you’ve been involved in an accident with a FedEx truck, you can take legal action. In general, it’s a good idea to do the following if a FedEx truck hits you:
- Seek medical care
- File a thorough police report
- Collect photographic evidence of the accident scene
- Gather witness statements and contact information
- Schedule a free consultation with a FedEx personal injury lawyer in Englewood
- Follow your treatment plan for your injuries
Compensation Calculator for a FedEx Truck Accident in Englewood
The damages that can be awarded in a commercial truck accident lawsuit vary. A commercial truck injury attorney can help you determine the potential worth of your case. Personal injury cases typically pay the following expenses:
- Medical expenses: If you were hurt in the incident, your medical expenses for surgery, prescription drugs, hospitalization and extended stays, physical therapy, and more might be covered. Any additional medical expenses you incur can also be paid for.
- Property damage: Your property could have been affected by the accident. You might be entitled to compensation for the cost of your vehicle’s repairs as well as for the cost of replacing any lost or damaged personal property.
- Lost salary: If you missed any days of work because of your injury, your wages might be made up for those days; however, much like with medical costs, if you missed any further days because of medical treatment or recovery time, those future wages would be forfeited.
- Emotional pain: It’s possible that the incident seriously damaged your mental or emotional health. Damages for psychological trauma, PTSD, panic, anxiety, and other conditions are included in the pain and suffering award. A lawyer can estimate your case’s potential value.
While some damages will be more straightforward to estimate than others, it is crucial to follow up with treatment, keep track of everything, and preserve receipts. Your FedEx truck accident lawyer in Englewood may retain financial consultants to offer an estimate of the likely amount of your payout.
Englewood FedEx Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Cost to Hire a Lawyer in Englewood
The majority of commercial truck collision attorneys in New York establish their rates at the same level, even if some may request a higher or lesser portion of the final compensation.
An Englewood personal injury lawyer will often charge you a third (33%) of the settlement amount if your claim is successful. The 1/3 rule, however, is applicable in a normal personal injury lawsuit. There are particular price agreements for some cases that will be different.
Proving Responsibility in a FedEx Truck Wreck
In no-fault vehicle insurance jurisdictions like New York, drivers frequently use their personal injury protection (PIP) coverage to pay for medical costs and lost income. However, when a FedEx truck crash causes serious injuries, you can file a personal injury claim against the responsible party.
To prove that they are liable, you have to:
- Make a compelling case by demonstrating negligence
- Prove that the truck driver’s (or other party’s) responsibility to keep other drivers safe was violated
- Show that the truck driver’s (or another party’s) negligence directly contributed to the accident and your injuries, making them the truck driver’s (or another party’s) responsibility for the accident and your injuries.
Our entire Englewood legal team is committed to developing a strategy for your FedEx truck accident defense. FedEx drivers can make proving fault difficult, but we will look at all the available evidence.
Englewood’s Top-Rated Personal Injury Lawyer Reviews
Our company is proud to serve the Englewood neighborhood. We have advocated for those hurt in significant accidents and won sizable settlements days after trial that made headlines. There is no other law company more prepared to fight for its clients’ rights in personal injury claims.
Benedict Morelli and David Sirotkin: “Two of the hardest working attorneys in NY who care and will take care of your case…”
- Lynn Radice, Amtrak 188 survivor
- From the moment Ben Morelli appeared, I was confident we’d made the right decision. Morelli as straightforward, empathetic, and above all, a no-nonsense communicator.”
- Mike Walsh, Amtrak 188 derailment survivor
- One thing is for sure, we were incredibly lucky and truly blessed. Throughout the process you have been amazing.”
- Janine Boswell, tractor trailer accident survivor
Defend Yourself Against FedEx After a Truck Accident
If you were wounded when a FedEx truck struck you, the company or another party might have to make a sizable compensation payment to you. Contact Morelli Law in Englewood for a no-cost case examination about delivery truck accidents.
Call us now or use the online form to get in touch. Our sympathetic Englewood FedEx truck accident attorneys will vigorously defend your interests. You will only be charged for our legal services if your settlement is successful because we work on a contingency fee basis.v