If you are hit by a concrete truck—either as a driver, a passenger, or a pedestrian—then you may suffer far more serious injuries than if you were hit by a regular car. Morelli Law Firm can provide you with an Englewood concrete truck accident lawyer to represent you in your fight for the monetary compensation you need. Call us at (212) 751-9800 today to find out more.
Truck Accidents Can Have Fatal Consequences
According to the Institute for Traffic Safety Management and Research (ITSMR), large trucks were involved in eight percent of all New York traffic fatalities in 2018. This number represents a two percent decrease from the year before. While this is a promising development, the involvement of large trucks in injury accidents increased during the same period.
Crashes are often complex and may involve more than one responsible party. This situation does not prevent you from suing for damages, even if you are one of the responsible parties. According to New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §1411, even if you are found to be partly at fault for the accident, you might still qualify for compensation.
This is great news for accident victims, as truck accidents can impact your life and livelihood by inflicting:
- Property damage
- Financial stress
- Physical harm
- Psychological harm
- Wrongful death
At Morelli Law Firm, we see the devastating costs of truck accidents on a regular basis. We understand that you may have a lot of questions about how to get compensation and whether filing a lawsuit is really best for you. We can answer those questions during a no-cost, obligation-free case review. Call us at (212) 751-9800. With one phone call, you can find out if an Englewood concrete truck accident lawyer can help you.
You Could Qualify for Damages
Damages go by several names: compensation, compensatory damages, monetary compensation, and so forth. All of them refer to money you can sue for after an accident.
To figure out what types of damages you may qualify for, read the descriptions of the different types of damages provided below. While they are not a comprehensive list of available damages, they should serve as a good start.
Englewood Concrete Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Economic damages are compensation for the money you spent or lost as a result of the accident. Examples often include:
- Medical bills: Did you seek any type of medical care or treatment for your accident injuries?
- Lost income: Did you miss work for days, weeks, or longer while your injuries were healing?
- Lost employment: Were you forced into early retirement because of your injuries? Did your employer fire you because of your injuries?
- Other bills: Did you pay to fix your car after the accident? Did you have to hire others to take care of domestic chores that you normally do yourself?
Non-economic damages are compensation for the physical, emotional, or psychological consequences of your crash. Examples often include:
- Pain and suffering: Did your injuries cause you physical or emotional pain? Was the accident traumatizing enough to cause or worsen your mental illness?
- Disability: Are your injuries permanent? Have they resulted in the loss of a body part, chronic pain, or any other condition that limits your physical abilities?
- Reduced quality of life: Do you need help with basic activities, like going to the store or putting on clothes?
- Loss of consortium: Has your relationship with your spouse suffered because of your injuries?
Once you have listed all of your compensable injuries, you can go to the next step, which is assigning a dollar value to each of the damages you have decided to sue for. This task can be tricky, especially when it comes to non-economic damages. If you want or need assistance, a lawyer can help you with this and many other legal tasks.
How to Get Help with Your Case
It is a cruel irony that your injuries—the very reason you need compensation—also make it more difficult to fight for the compensation you need. Pain, worry, and grief can distract you from making the best decisions in your case.
Instead of doing it alone, call Morelli Law Firm. We can make filing a lawsuit easier on you by assuming all of your legal responsibilities. Here is what we can do for you:
- Work closely with you: We will listen to your account of the crash and keep your needs in mind as we fight for compensation. We also make a point of updating you whenever something big happens in your case.
- Calculate your damages: Let your lawyer handle the complicated task of “converting” your physical and emotional injuries into monetary terms.
- Meet and negotiate: If the insurance company shows a willingness to negotiate, your lawyer can do so for you.
- Argue in court: If the insurance company does not offer a fair pretrial settlement, we are not afraid to take your case to trial and present your case to a judge and jury.
- Address concerns: If you are not sure what to do next or need help understanding a legal concept or option, call our firm. We are here to answer all questions and concerns pertaining to your case.
Finally, we can help you by charging a contingency fee. Instead of billing you upfront or by the hour, your lawyer will work for a share of whatever compensation they help you win. If you get no compensation, then you owe your lawyer no fees.
If you need help getting compensation after an accident in Englewood, New Jersey, Morelli Law Firm is here for you. Let an Englewood concrete truck accident lawyer from our office pursue compensation on your behalf and protect your rights. When you are ready to begin, call us at (212) 751-9800. We will review your case at no cost or obligation to you.