If you were hurt in a construction truck accident, you might be struggling with your injuries, medical bills, and time missed at work. If your loved one lost their life in this type of accident, you might be mourning their loss and adjusting to a new financial reality.
In either type of case, an Englewood construction truck accident lawyer from Morelli Law Firm may be able to help you fight for compensation from the responsible party. Our firm represents clients in both personal injury and wrongful death cases.
To find out how hard Morelli Law Firm can work for you, call us today at (212) 751-9800. A member of our team can discuss your accident and your legal options in a free case review when you call.
Construction Truck Accident Liability
Construction trucks might include cranes, cement mixers, dump trucks, bulldozers, and graders. A construction truck accident may be caused by:
- A negligent construction truck driver violating a traffic rule on the road
- A malfunction in a construction truck that causes an accident
- Improperly secured cargo from a construction truck that enters the road
- A construction company failing to safely direct traffic around a roadside construction site
Morelli Law Firm can investigate your accident to identify both the cause and the responsible party when we represent you.
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
Working with Morelli Law Firm on Your Case
If you were injured or if someone you love lost their life in a construction truck accident, Morelli Law Firm might be able to help. An Englewood construction truck accident lawyer from our firm may be able to walk you through the legal process and fight for compensation on your behalf. Our services may include:
- Handling all communications in your case
- Collecting evidence of the responsible party’s liability
- Collecting evidence of your damages and their estimated value
- Filing your insurance claim and/or lawsuit
- Negotiating for a mutually agreeable financial settlement with the responsible party’s insurance company
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
Our staff can support you throughout this process by answering your questions, offering legal advice, and keeping you updated on your case.
To learn more about our services in a free case review with a member of our team, call Morelli Law Firm today at (212) 751-9800.
Englewood Construction Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me877-751-9800
Damages in a Construction Truck Accident Case
A collision with a construction truck can lead to significant physical and financial damage. The potentially recoverable damages in a personal injury case for a construction truck accident may include:
- Current and future accident-related medical care
- Lost wages for the time your recovery forced you to miss work
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
The potentially recoverable damages in a wrongful death case may include:
- Funeral costs
- Pre-death medical care
- Loss of income
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of services
Morelli Law Firm can help you develop an accurate assessment of your potentially recoverable damages when we represent you.
Important Time Limitations on New Jersey Lawsuits
There are different deadlines for various types of lawsuits in New Jersey. Some critical timelines to consider in your construction truck accident may include:
- Personal injury statute of limitations: New Jersey Revised Statutes §2A:14-2 generally gives you two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- Wrongful death statute of limitations: New Jersey Revised Statutes §2A:31-3 generally gives you two years from the date of a family member’s death to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Claims against public entities: if the responsible party in your case is a public entity, such as a municipality, New Jersey Revised Statutes §59:8-8 generally gives you just 90 days to submit a notice of claim.
If you fail to take legal action by the deadlines in your case, you may forfeit your right to pursue compensation via a lawsuit. Because of the importance of taking legal action on time, Morelli Law Firm encourages you to get started on your construction action case as soon as possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form nowContact Us
Your Crash Report May Be an Important Part of Your Compensation Claim
New Jersey requires drivers involved in a car accident that causes injury, death, or over $500 in property damage to report their accident to the police. This may generate a crash report with official details of the accident.
Morelli Law Firm may be able to use your crash report to build your case. Your crash report may contain contact information for:
- The at-fault driver
- Their insurance company
- Accident witnesses
- The investigating officer
In addition to telling your lawyer how to reach key people in relation to your accident, your crash report may also contain information that points to the cause and contributing factors of the collision, such as:
- Road, weather, and lighting conditions
- Accident descriptions and diagrams
- Points of impact and vehicle damage
- Apparent drug or alcohol use
If you have a copy of your crash report, retain it for use in your case. Morelli Law Firm may also request copies of your medical records or car repair invoices. We can help you collect these documents if they are not already in your possession.
Call Morelli Law Firm Today
If you or someone you love was injured in a collision with a construction truck, an Englewood construction truck accident lawyer from Morelli Law Firm might be able to help you.
For a free case review with a member of our team, call Morelli Law Firm today at (212) 751-9800.
If you qualify, we may be able to offer you representation on a contingency-fee-basis with no up-front payments required. In this arrangement, you do not pay us attorney fees unless and until we help secure compensation via a settlement offer or court award.