You normally see tow trucks picking up vehicles from accidents, not as part of them. However, in some unfortunate cases, people can find themselves colliding with tow trucks and even getting injured.
Were you injured in a tow truck accident in Englewood, New Jersey? If so, you might qualify to receive compensation if your injuries and damages were preventable. Contact Morelli Law Firm today at (212) 751-9800 to hire an Englewood tow truck accident lawyer to plead your case and represent you in negotiations or on trial. Our truck accident team is standing by to take your call.
Tow Truck Accidents Can Be Caused by a Variety of Factors
Driving errors, vehicle defects, and environmental factors can all cause tow truck accidents. Your lawyer may review your crash report to determine if the cause of the accident was listed in the report.
If the accident was caused by the tow truck driver’s error, you might be able to argue that their negligence caused the accident and your injuries. The tow truck driver might be considered negligent if they were caught speeding, driving while drunk, driving while texting, or operating without a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
If the accident involved a vehicle defect in the tow truck, you might be able to pursue the tow truck manufacturer for compensation or even the tow truck company if the defect could have been found through regular maintenance checks.
Getting Evidence for Your Case
When building your case, your lawyer might request certain pieces of evidence to support your claims or to prove how other parties might be liable for your accident. You might be able to use the following as evidence for your case:
- The tow truck company’s driver logs
- Black box data information
- Surveillance footage
- Traffic camera footage
- Dashcam footage
- Photos and videos of the accident taken with your cell phone
- Medical records to prove your injuries
- The crash report
- The driving history record of the tow truck driver
- Cell phone records, if you suspect the tow truck driver was texting at the time of the accident
Your lawyer may be able to help you retrieve evidence you might not be able to obtain yourself.
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
An Englewood Tow Truck Accident Lawyer Can Handle Several Legal Duties
At Morelli Law Firm, we want to make our clients feel like their concerns are being heard. It can be hard dealing with the aftermath of a tow truck accident, so we want to make the legal process of pursuing compensation easier for you. When you decide to work with one of our lawyers, we start building your case right away. This might involve:
- Reviewing the details of your accident in a free case evaluation
- Launching an investigation to gather more evidence to support your case
- Requesting information from the other involved parties, such as driving logs, driving history records, and cellphone records
- Determining who else might be involved in your case
- Filing paperwork on your behalf
- Negotiating a potential settlement with the other party or parties
- Representing you at trial if a settlement could not be reached
If you would like additional information about our legal services, call Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800 for a free consultation. A team member may inform you about what to expect from our firm based on the needs of your case.
Englewood Tow Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me877-751-9800
You Might Be Entitled to Both Economic and Non-Economic Damages
The evidence you collect for your tow truck accident case will play a crucial role in determining what kind of damages you might be entitled to collect. Personal injury cases, which include car accident cases, generally divide compensable damages into two categories, which are detailed below.
Economic losses include any damage that has a monetary value. You might use receipts, bills, invoices, past paychecks, and other financial documents to prove the extent of the financial damage you experienced as a result of the tow truck accident.
Examples of economic losses include:
- Costs for medical treatment services
- Copays for doctor’s appointments and even mileage you spent to travel to these appointments
- Costs for prescription medications
- Costs to repair or replace your damaged property, such as a vehicle
- Wages you lost due to missing work to treat or heal from your injuries or because you lacked transportation
Non-economic losses are more subjective and might not have a monetary value. Photos and videos of your injuries and healing process may be used as evidence for non-economic losses, along with written logs about the damages you experienced over time.
Examples of non-economic losses include:
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological trauma
- Permanent disability, whether total or partial
- Loss of independence
- Loss of society
People who want to pursue compensation through a lawsuit must abide by the statute of limitations in New Jersey. According to New Jersey Revised Statutes §2A:14-2a, you typically have two years to file your personal injury lawsuit.
Contact Morelli Law Firm About Your Tow Truck Accident
The team at Morelli Law Firm is ready to hear about your accident. All you have to do to get us started on your case is call our firm at (212) 751-9800 and we can begin your free consultation. Tell us about how the accident occurred, who you think might have been involved in the accident, and what kind of damages you suffered since you were in the accident, including your injuries.
If you qualify, an Englewood tow truck accident lawyer from our firm can manage your case from start to finish so that you can focus on healing from your injuries and tending to other personal affairs. You do not have to worry about keeping track of deadlines or paperwork, as we can handle those legal duties for you and keep you informed. Call today for legal assistance.