Any auto accident has the potential to result in severe injuries or wrongful death. However, collisions involving FedEx delivery trucks can be particularly harmful to pedestrians, bicyclists, or people riding in passenger cars.
At Morelli Law Firm, we recognize that you want to resolve your personal injury case quickly. After an accident, financial stress can be debilitating. Without compromising your right to full compensation, our FedEx truck accident attorneys in Newark will work diligently to get you paid.
Six Things to Do After a Truck Wreck
Knowing what to do after a truck accident may not be your top priority of things to remember. But familiarizing yourself with these six steps can help to solidify the strength of your case and protect your legal rights to pursue compensation for your injuries.
- After an accident, dial 911 and get medical care: If you choose our team to represent you in a personal injury lawsuit, the police can look into what happened and compile a report on the incident. Utilize the first responders for treatment or visit the ER.
- Make a note of the FedEx delivery driver: Note down the FedEx truck driver’s insurance details, license number, and truck number. Although the police will also keep track of this information, having it as soon as feasible can be beneficial to your personal injury lawyer.
- Take photos of the area: Take pictures of any damage to the FedEx truck, the car, and any surrounding places that may have skid marks. Take pictures of any cuts, bruises, or other wounds you may have if you can.
- Gather witness information: Ask everyone who witnessed the accident for their contact information if they have any information. Your truck accident lawyer will need access to these witnesses in order to interview them.
- Make a note of the events leading up to the collision: Inform authorities if you saw the FedEx driver weaving in and out of lanes prior to the collision or if you saw him or her blatantly staring at a GPS screen rather than keeping an eye out for other vehicles or pedestrians.
- Consult with an attorney prior to talking to any insurance companies on a recorded call: Immediately after the accident, the insurance company will reach out to ask questions that can harm your claim. Seek legal counsel to avoid unfair treatment.
How Much Will Hiring a Newark Personal Injury Attorney Cost?
Without charging you anything upfront, our Newark FedEx truck accident attorneys will review your case, determine who is at fault, negotiate with insurance companies, file a lawsuit, and represent you in court.
Unlike some other law firms, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means that once we accept your case and establish an attorney-client relationship, we won’t get paid unless you do.
Newark FedEx Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
How Much Is a FedEx Truck Accident Worth in Newark?
It is important to know that every personal injury case varies and that compensation heavily depends on injuries and financial losses. You might be eligible for compensation for:
- Medical costs
- Vehicle damage and replacement expenses
- Costs of medical rehabilitation
- Distress and suffering
- Both recent and potential lost wages
- Additional fees and expenses related to post-accident care
Each accident involving a FedEx vehicle results in a different amount of compensation. There is no typical settlement or award sum. After a financial study and investigation that addresses these issues, a truck accident lawyer can provide you an estimate of the compensation you are entitled to.
Is There a Deadline for Filing a Claim Against FedEx?
In New Jersey, there is a two-year statute of limitations deadline for lawsuits against FedEx. This indicates that you have a limited amount of time—two years—from the accident to launch a case.
You will not be eligible to get compensation from the parties at blame if you do not file a claim or lawsuit in court within two years of the incident. This window can pass quickly while recovering, so it’s crucial that you speak with a FedEx truck accident attorney in Newark as quickly as possible.
Common Types of FedEx Accidents
Recently, a FedEx truck crash occurred in Canarsie that left three people hospitalized. Most truck accidents are preventable but can occur for a variety of reasons. The most frequent mishaps include:
Every car has blind zones that make it difficult for the driver to notice other cars as they pass. A normal passenger car has a smaller blind spot than a huge commercial truck. When the FedEx driver switches lanes, this may cause accidents.
There are a lot of tractor-trailers used by FedEx. Trailer sway, which occurs when a big trailer sways into the path of another vehicle, is a problem for these big semi-trucks.
Unbalance Cargo Load
To avoid cargo shift, the load within a FedEx ground vehicle must be equally distributed and balanced. The company and the driver must check the truck to make sure that the cargo is loaded properly to prevent shifting.
Should I Represent Myself Against FedEx After an Accident?
Compared to other truck accidents, FedEx truck accidents are unique. They are complex because a variety of people and organizations may be at fault like the manufacturer of the truck, the mechanic, or the driver.
In accidents involving FedEx drivers, it might be challenging to identify the responsible party, preserve evidence, and meet filing deadlines while trying to recover. Determining which insurance provider to approach for reimbursement for your monetary losses can also be challenging.
You are entitled to represent yourself against FedEx but they may reject your claim and state that you should be compensated by someone else. Our FedEx truck accident attorneys in Newark have tenured success with winning against FedEx within days of trial.
How Long Will It Take to Win a Settlement From FedEx?
Every accident case is different. Therefore, before calculating a timetable for your settlement, we must examine every factor that affects the value of your injury claim. The length of your truck accident case depends on several factors, including your:
- Recovery timetable
- Financial requirements
- Insurance coverage
- Level of liability
FedEx Truck Accident Legal Services in Newark, NY
Contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation legal consultation with a knowledgeable Newark FedEx truck accident lawyer if you or a loved one was hurt in a FedEx truck wreck. Our legal team can clarify your rights to you and explore alternative legal options.
We can assist you in determining whether you are eligible for compensation and the potential amount after completing a free case review. It can be challenging to get the money you need to cover your losses and injuries. Morelli Law Firm is prepared to assist.