In New York and throughout the United States, serious concrete truck accidents are common. This is attributable to the significant reach of the U.S. trucking industry.
To explore your legal options, see how a New York concrete truck accident lawyer at Morelli Law Firm can help you if you have been involved in a concrete trucking accident or you have lost a loved one in such an accident. Call a member of our team today at (212) 751-9800.
Concrete Trucks Are Important But Dangerous
Trucks and commercial vehicles are important through the state of New York as well as the entire nation. These vehicles supply millions of New Yorkers with products and services every day. The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has established guidelines for these trucks.
The efficient and timely transportation of concrete is critical when constructing highways, foundations, and houses. However, if the drivers of these trucks drive recklessly, other road users can be at risk. Concrete trucks are involved in accidents that cause serious injuries as well as death.
The legal team at Morelli Law Firm knows that these trucks can cause devastating consequences for victims in motor vehicle accidents. A concrete truck accident lawyer can help you explore your legal rights and pursue the compensation you deserve.
What Makes Concrete Truck Accidents Unique
Concrete trucks encompass many different types of vehicles. These vehicles are designed to transport large amounts of aggregates like cement, water, and construction materials for mixing, such as sand and gravel. Because of their heavy load and large size, concrete truck accidents often result in serious injuries for victims. These accidents may come in the form of:
- Spilling of materials or fuel
- Hitting pedestrians or cyclists
- Road collapse that leads to injuries
- Collision or truck accident with buses or other big vehicles
- Concrete truck tipping over
When concrete truck drivers speed in order to deliver faster, this creates a potentially hazardous highway situation for others that share the road. When accidents do happen, if concrete leaks out of the damaged truck, the results can be catastrophic.
New York Concrete Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Establishing Liability After an Accident with a Concrete Truck
It can be difficult to determine who is at fault in a concrete truck accident. There are often many parties involved in such a crash, and it can be difficult to determine liability in such an accident. This is why we encourage you to hire a concrete truck accident lawyer who can help guide you in your case.
If you were involved in a concrete truck accident, you have already experienced a stressful ordeal. The first thing you need to do is seek medical treatment for any injuries you may have sustained. This is also important for you to document injuries that were sustained in the accident for your case.
A subsequent step in your recovery should be to contact the law firm of a concrete truck accident lawyer. They are able to explore your legal options and pursue recovery of your losses resulting from your accident.
When establishing liability in these accidents, it could involve several parties that may include:
- Truck driver liability. The ultimate blame for an accident commonly rests with the driver. Also, they may have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs, experienced drowsiness, or had a medical condition that disqualified them from driving.
- Trucking company liability. When a construction or trucking company employs a driver, the trucking company can be legally responsible for their negligence. This is particularly true if the company hired unqualified drivers, engaged in dangerous scheduling practices, or has practices that encourage drivers to act recklessly.
- Cargo loader liability. In some situations, a truck could lose control due to its load shifting position on the truck. In such a case, the company that loaded the cargo may be held liable.
- Truck manufacturer liability. There can also be a defective part that leads to the driver’s inability to function as intended. In this situation, both the driver and the injured person may hold the manufacturer accountable for any damages.
- Insurance company. Given that the concrete truck was involved in the accident, the insurer of the trucking company and all of its vehicles represent another party in a concrete truck accident case.
According to New York Civil Practice Law and Rules (CVP) §1411, damages are recoverable when contributory negligence is established. This means that even if you contributed to the accident, you could still recover an award.
Determining the liable party or liable parties can be a challenging task, especially for someone who has experienced injuries and has never been involved in such a case. This is why we encourage you to see how a New York concrete truck lawyer can help you in the legal process. Call Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800 for a free case consultation.
Recoverable Damages in a New York Concrete Truck Accident
A concrete truck accident lawyer can help you keep the parties concerned accountable for their actions. To establish a strong case, your lawyer can help in collecting testimony from witnesses, gather police reports, and identify expert witnesses in your case.
You may be entitled to pursue compensation for damages suffered in a concrete truck accident. Areas of potential compensation may include:
- Lost wages due to injuries preventing you from going to work
- Medical treatment costs
- Rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering
- Harm to property
- Physical disabilities
All states have legislation that outlines the period available to initiate a personal injury claim. New York law provides a statute of limitations of three years for a personal injury claim. If you don’t file your complaint within this time period, you may be unable to pursue justice and damages from your accident.
Hire a New York Concrete Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a concrete truck accident, you may be entitled to recover damages. A concrete truck accident lawyer can help in the legal process and provide you legal advice in your claim. Call the Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800 for a free case evaluation.