Car accidents can cause more than property damage, from medical expenses to loss of income and pain and suffering. If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to pursue compensation through a claim or lawsuit.
A Long Island, NY, car accident lawyer can help you understand your legal options and build a case against the at-fault driver or a liable party involved in your accident. Our team can investigate your accident and help you navigate the insurance claims process.
How a Car Accident Lawyer From Our Team Can Help You
Our car accident lawyers can help you build a personal injury case by:
- Gathering evidence: We will examine any evidence you have to establish whether you have a case after your accident. If necessary, we can conduct our own private investigation to retrieve and request additional evidence to support your case.
- Calculating your damages: Primarily, we will pursue financial compensation to cover the expenses you incurred as a result of the accident, such as medical bills and property damage, among other damages. We will calculate your damages to determine how much compensation to pursue.
- Providing legal advice: Our team will help you to understand your rights and offer you legal advice when necessary. We can advise you on how fair a settlement offer is, whether you should pursue multiple parties in your case, and whether you should take your case to court.
- Representing you in or out of court: Our car accident attorneys in Long Island will represent you, whether at the negotiation table or on the court floor. We aim to negotiate a settlement for your case to avoid a trial. However, our team can also represent you in court if necessary.
- Communicating with other parties on your behalf: We can handle calls with insurance companies and legal attorneys to make statements about your case on your behalf. This allows us to protect you from admitting potential contributory negligence. Also, we can reach out to medical and accident expert witnesses who can provide testimony for your case.
A Car Accident Attorney Can Put a Value on Your Damages
In car accident cases, you may be able to recover compensation for the following types of damages:
- Property damage
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning potential
- Current and future income loss
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
Other compensatory damages not listed here may apply to your case. Examining the value of your total damages is a crucial part of building your Long Island car accident case, as this determines how much compensation we should pursue.
We will want to factor in both your current damages and damages you should expect to endure in the future. Once your case is settled, you will not be allowed to pursue additional compensation.
Don’t Wait Until the Last Minute to File Your Car Accident Case
Some people assume that they have to prepare everything before they approach a car accident lawyer in Long Island, but this is not true. As our client, you can benefit from having a legal team that can access resources you might have difficulty reaching.
An attorney from our team can procure required medical records or statements on your behalf to begin building your case. Also, they can negotiate with the insurance company and other involved parties for you, which can be convenient if you are still recovering from your injuries.
Your Case Has a Deadline
New York’s statute of limitations puts a timeline on your lawsuit. According to CVP § 214, you generally have three years from the date of the car accident to file your personal injury lawsuit .A Long Island car accident attorney can help you to avoid any costly mistakes.
If you fail to file your case on time, you can jeopardize your financial recovery. The other party would have a legal right to request your case be dismissed due to its tardiness, and should a judge grant that order, you would not be able to continue pursuing compensation.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Want to Help You Fight for Justice
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that a car accident occurs every 60 seconds. This alarming statistic proves that having legal representation on your side is imperative following a Long Island car accident.
Keep in mind that not all certified attorneys who practice in New York can handle your case with the compassion and knowledge needed. Our lawyers:
- Understand and have handled car accident cases
- Have won agreeable settlements and court awards for our clients
- Are open and upfront about our fees and policies
Lawsuits are complex processes that demand the input of several workers. Therefore, it is advisable to work with a law firm that has a team of legal experts, including paralegals and legal assistants, who will communicate with the insurance companies and order medical records and bills that are essential for your case.
We Are Available to Meet Your Concerns About Your Case
Our attorneys will make time for you by meeting with you directly at your request, visiting you in either your home or the hospital, and assuring you of their support in case of any concern or question. An attorney who understands your pain and uncertainty can be reassuring.
Our Long Island car accident attorneys will take an interest in your case by having a passion to pursue justice for you. We can help you to heal from the accident by enabling you to find the peace of mind needed to recover from the traumatic experience.
Get a Free Case Review With Our NY Car Accident Attorneys
At Morelli Law Firm, we have a team of car accident attorneys in Long Island ready to assist you. Our legal minds are ready to handle your case by taking you through the whole process step-by-step.
We will provide a clear explanation of how we will handle your case, including our contingency-fee system. Call us today to get a free case review.