Car accidents can cause more than property damage, from medical expenses to income loss and pain and suffering. If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident in Long Island, New York, you may be entitled to pursue compensation through a claim or lawsuit.
A Long Island car accident lawyer can help you understand your legal options and build a case against the at-fault driver or a liable party your accident involves. Our team can investigate your accident and help you navigate the insurance claims process.
How a Car Accident Lawyer from Our Team Can Help You
Our car accident lawyers can help you build a personal injury case by:
- Gathering evidence:We will examine any evidence you have to establish if you have a case after your accident. If necessary, we will conduct a private investigation to retrieve and request additional evidence to support your case.
- Calculating your damages: Primarily, we will pursue financial compensation to cover the expenses you incurred from the accident, such as medical bills and property damage, among other damages. We will calculate your damages to determine how much compensation to pursue.
- Providing legal advice: Our team will help you understand your rights and offer you legal advice when necessary. We can advise you on how fair a settlement offer is, whether you should pursue multiple parties in your case, and if you should take your case to court.
- Representing you in or out of court:Our car accident attorneys on Long Island will represent you, whether at the negotiation table or on the court floor. We aim to negotiate a settlement for your case to avoid a trial. However, our team can also represent you in court if necessary.
- Communicating with other parties on your behalf: We can handle calls with insurance companies and legal attorneys to make statements about your case on your behalf. This allows us to protect you from admitting potential contributory negligence. Also, we can reach out to medical and accident expert witnesses who can provide testimony for your case.
Our legal team will also take care of administrative tasks, such as filling out your case’s paperwork and updating you as your case progresses through the claims or litigation system. Should you ever have questions or concerns about your case, we will be available to answer you.
Our Car Accident Attorney Will Value Your Damages
Examining the value of your total damages is a crucial part of building your Long Island car accident case, as this determines how much compensation we should pursue. We will want to factor in your current damages and future damages you should expect to endure. Once your case is settled, you won’t be able to pursue additional compensation.
In car accident cases, you may be able to recover compensation for the following types of damages:
- Property damage
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning potential
- Current and future income loss
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
Other compensatory damages not listed here may apply to your case.
Other Compensable Exist for Wrongful Death Cases
If you lost a loved one in a car accident, our team at Morelli Law Firm wants to express our condolences. We know processing grief can be deeply difficult. You may not want to pursue compensation while coping with your loss, which is why one of our car accident attorneys can manage your case for you.
We aim to assist you with your case so that you do not lose your opportunity to recover practical costs associated with your loved one’s death. We also want to help you hold the liable party accountable for this negligence. As such, you may recover compensation for:
- Funeral arrangement costs, including costs for burial or cremation services
- Loss of financial support if your loved one contributed to the family’s net worth
- Other financial losses, such as loss of benefits, pensions, or inheritances from your loved one
- Emotional losses, such as loss of companionship, love and affection, and guidance
- Pain and suffering, including grief
- Medical debts your loved one left behind
Our legal team can go over your damages and calculate their value before sending a demand letter to the liable party or parties.
Long Island Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Don’t Wait Until the Last Minute to File Your Car Accident Case
Some people assume they have to prepare everything before they approach our car accident lawyer serving Long Island, but this is not true. As our client, you can benefit from having a legal team that can access resources you might have difficulty reaching.
An attorney from our team can procure required medical records or statements on your behalf to begin building your case. Also, they can negotiate with the insurance company and other parties for you, which can be convenient if you are still recovering from your injuries.
Your Case Has a Deadline
New York’s statute of limitations puts a timeline on your lawsuit. According to CPLR § 214, you generally have three years from the car accident date to file your injury lawsuit. A Long Island car accident attorney can help you to avoid any costly mistakes. If you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit, you have two years to do so, per EPTL § 5-4.1.
If you do not file your case on time, you can jeopardize your financial recovery. The other party would have a legal right to ask for a dismissal of your case due to its tardiness. Should a judge grant that order, you would not be able to pursue compensation.
Our Team at Morelli Law Firm Advocates for New York Car Accident Victims
Keep in mind that not all certified attorneys who practice in New York can handle your case with the compassion and knowledge needed. Our lawyers:
- Understand and handle car accident cases regularly
- Have won agreeable settlements and court awards for our clients
- Are open and upfront about our fees and policies
Lawsuits are complex processes that demand several workers’ input. Therefore, it is advisable to work with a law firm that has a team of legal experts, including paralegals and legal assistants, who will communicate with the insurance companies and order medical records and bills that are essential for your case.
We Are Available to Meet with You About Your Case
Our attorneys will make time for you by meeting with you directly at your request, visiting you in either your home or the hospital, and assuring you of their support in case of any concern or question. An attorney who understands your pain and uncertainty can be reassuring.
Our Long Island car accident attorneys will take an interest in your case by having a passion to pursue justice for you. We can help you heal from the accident by enabling you to find the peace of mind needed to recover from this traumatic experience.
Get a Free Case Review with Our New York Car Accident Attorneys
At Morelli Law Firm, we have a team of car accident attorneys in Long Island ready to assist you. We’re ready to handle your case by taking you through the whole process step by step.
We will provide a clear explanation of how we will handle your case, including our contingency fee system. Call us today at (212) 751-9800 for your free case review.