A rollover accident is a dangerous collision that can lead to catastrophic injuries and fatalities. If you were injured, or if someone you love was fatally injured, in a rollover collision on Long Island, you might have the basis of a personal injury or wrongful death claim for financial compensation against the driver who caused the accident.
A Long Island rollover accident lawyer from Morelli Law Firm may be able to work with you to prove the accident was caused by the at-fault driver’s negligence. We can manage all aspects of your insurance claim or lawsuit when we represent you.
You do not have to navigate the complex personal injury compensation process on your own. Contact the client intake team at Morelli Law Firm by calling (212) 751-9800 today to find out how we may be able to help you fight to recover from the physical and financial damage of your accident.
Causes of Rollover Accidents
Through its Safer Car initiative, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) identifies the following common factors in rollover crashes:
- Vehicle type: narrower, taller vehicles pose an increased risk of rollover.
- Vehicle speed: the majority of vehicles involved in fatal rollover crashes had speeds greater than 55mph.
- Alcohol use: impairment affects driver vision, judgment, and physical ability, which might lead to loss of vehicle control.
- Accident location: fatal rollover crashes are more likely to occur on rural roads.
- Driver behavior: distracted driving and driver inattentiveness often contribute to rollover crashes.
If another party’s negligence caused your rollover accident, they might be responsible for your damages. This may include situations where:
- A negligent driver hit your vehicle or forced you into a rollover to avoid a collision
- A negligent mechanic’s failure to adequately service your vehicle caused your car to rollover
- A defective component or automobile design caused your crash
- A municipality left a hazard in the road that caused or contributed to your accident
Morelli Law Firm may use your crash report and witness statements to identify the responsible party in your accident. We might also obtain testimony from accident reconstruction experts about the cause of your crash. After we establish the cause of your accident, we can assess your injuries and their costs to help determine the value of the injury portion of your compensation claim.
Frequently Reported Car Accident Injuries
When a vehicle rolls over, its occupants might experience severe injuries. The following injuries may occur in this type of accident:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Chest injuries
- Pelvic injuries
- Spine injuries
- Cuts or lacerations
- Burns or bruises
Make sure to see a doctor for a thorough evaluation of your injuries as soon as possible after your accident.
Long Island Rollover Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Assessing the Cost of Your Injuries and Their Related Expenses
The injuries you sustain in a rollover crash may require costly diagnostic exams that result in even costlier treatment plans. You might be able to include these costs in your claim for compensation:
- Physical exams
- Imaging exams
- Emergency care
- Hospital admission
- Follow-up appointments
Tracking your medical care and expenses might be difficult if you are required to see multiple health care professionals. Morelli Law Firm might be able to help you collect medical records from multiple sources when we work together on your case.
Car Accident Victims May Experience a Wide Range of Damages
Along with the cost of diagnosing and treating your injuries, Morelli Law Firm might be able to help you recoup the costs of other financial damages that extend from your injuries.
In general, the following damages may be recoverable in a personal injury case:
- All current and future medical expenses
- Injury-related income loss
- Reduced earning capability
- Property damage or loss
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Physical disability or disfigurement
If you are filing a wrongful death claim, your potentially recoverable damages may include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Pre-death medical care
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of guidance
Calculating and valuing these expenses may require proving the cost of each line item to arrive at a value for your claim. A Long Island rollover accident lawyer from Morelli Law Firm may be able to handle this task on your behalf.
For a free case review with a member of our car accident team, call Morelli Law Firm today at (212) 751-9800.
Your Right to Sue Has a Time Limit
Multiple factors might affect the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit for compensation against the driver who caused your rollover accident. Some of New York’s laws regarding lawsuit deadlines include:
- New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214, which generally limits your right to file a personal injury lawsuit to three years from the date of the rollover accident.
- New York Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1, which generally limits your right to file a wrongful death lawsuit for the loss of a family member in a rollover accident to two years from the date of their demise.
- New York General Municipal (GEN) §50-E, which generally requires you to file a notice of claim within 90 days of the accident for lawsuits against a municipality or government.
Morelli Law Firm can help you identify the deadlines in your case and file your lawsuit on time when we represent you.
Call Morelli Law Firm Today
A rollover accident can be a frightening experience that leaves physical, financial, and emotional damage in its wake. While you concentrate on your physical and emotional recovery, a Long Island rollover accident lawyer from Morelli Law Firm may be able to work on your financial recovery.
Contact the personal injury team at Morelli Law Firm by calling (212) 751-9800 today. We offer free case reviews to car accident victims on Long Island.