After an accident at a construction site, you may face severe medical expenses and lost wages due to missed work. But with the legal expertise of a qualified construction accident attorney in Newark, you can recover compensation for all your losses.
The professionals at Morelli Law Firm work with construction accident victims who were denied workers’ compensation for their workplace injuries. We have collected over $62 million in construction accident settlements, and we are ready to help you win your claim.
Do Not Assume Your Employer Is on Your Side
Accidents occur on construction sites every day in Essex County. And if employer negligence contributed to the incident, then the company must be held liable for any injuries workers sustained.
However, employers and their insurance companies strive to provide low settlements to protect their bottom line. In many cases, they may deny a construction site claim altogether.
If you were injured while working at a construction job, consult with a Newark injury lawyer. Legal experts investigate your accident to determine what happened and prove liability. Your attorney will establish if the mishap was due to employer negligence and use evidence to assess your case’s value.
New Jersey Safe Workplace Laws
All New Jersey construction workers have the right to a safe workplace. Construction site managers must comply with federal safety laws and regulations outlined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
If your workplace injury was due to a violation of OSHA regulations, you may be entitled to financial recovery or workers’ compensation benefits. By speaking with an experienced Newark personal injury lawyer, you can ensure you receive a proper settlement for your construction injuries.
Causes of Newark Construction Accident Injuries
The majority of construction site accidents stem from employer negligence and are therefore 100% preventable. Some of the most common types of injuries construction workers sustain are:
- Falls: Construction statistics from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) report that falls are the leading cause of work-related deaths in the construction industry. Workers may fall from high heights, through open voids in floors, or from uneven surfaces.
- Electrocutions: Workers need proper safety gear to protect them from electric shocks, burns, and central nervous system damage.
- Struck by objects: Tools and materials can fall and strike workers standing below. Workers must receive proper head and eyewear equipment to prevent being hit by large materials.
- Compressed or buried: Workers require safety equipment to avoid getting pinched, compressed, or buried by building materials and debris.
Morelli Law Firm’s construction accident lawyers in Newark can help if your employer is liable for your workplace accident.
Newark Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
How Our Newark Construction Accident Lawyers Handle Your Claim
If an insurance company denies workers’ compensation benefits, you may feel like you’re out of options. But our workplace injury lawyers do not view construction accidents as open and shut cases. Instead, we examine every detail of your claim to build a strong case to help you collect the compensation you deserve.
When representing accident victims, our Newark construction accident attorneys will:
- Answer questions during your free consultation
- Determine the most effective course of action for filing your claim
- Identify all liable parties (there could be multiple parties at fault)
- Gather evidence to determine responsibility for your injuries
- Evaluate all damages you incurred from the accident
- Fight for fair compensation for all your accident-related expenses
- Keep you updated throughout the litigation process
- Correspond with third parties on your behalf
- Manage your case from start to finish
- Represent you in court (if the insurance adjuster refused to make a settlement)
Benefits You Can Receive After a Newark Construction Accident
After sustaining construction injuries, you need to know the types of benefits you are entitled to collect. New Jersey laws allow accident victims to receive compensation for:
- All medical costs associated with the accident
- Partial payment for lost wages incurred during recovery
- Disability benefits if you cannot return to work
- Death benefits for family members in a wrongful death construction accident
If your employer or their insurance provider refuses to compensate your damages, take legal action. Our Newark injury attorneys are not afraid to be aggressive and stand up to unethical insurance companies. We demand justice for our clients, and we make sure they receive every penny their injuries merit.
We Determine the Value of Your Construction Accident Damages
Calculating the exact value of your construction accident case is complex. Without the guidance of a qualified legal expert, you may not receive compensation for all your damages. Our construction accident attorneys in Newark review every detail of your claim to ensure you receive financial recovery for all economic and non-economic damages.
Medical Treatments and Ongoing Care
Our attorneys fight for accident victims to receive compensation for hospital bills, ambulance transportation, prescription drugs, and any necessary rehabilitation. To prove the extent of your medical losses, we consult with doctors and obtain copies of your medical reports.
Lost Income During Recovery
After suffering a workplace injury, you may need time off to recover. The Bureau of Labor Statistics’s (BLS) New Jersey information office reports 888 cases where employees had to miss work after an incident in 2019.
Our attorneys consult with your employer and retrieve pay stubs to determine the value of your lost wages and any other benefits you did not receive due to your injuries.
Proving non-economic losses can be challenging, but not when you have experienced accident attorneys in your corner. We make sure you receive a fair recovery for all non-economic losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional turmoil and mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment in life
Our lawyers handle fatal construction accidents and ensure family members receive fair compensation for the loss of life. Our wrongful death lawyers obtain settlements covering funeral expenses, burial costs, pain and suffering, and diminished benefits.
Our Attorneys Help You File a Construction Accident Claim
New Jersey statute of limitations requires victims to file personal injury lawsuits within two years of the accident. However, workers’ compensation claims may have different deadlines, and it’s critical that you meet them.
By partnering with a Newark construction accident attorney, you can feel confident that you will receive a fair settlement for your injuries. Our team handles your claim and gets everything filed on time. We make sure the liable party pays for your treatments, not you.
Whether you are filing your claim for the first time or are appealing an insurance company’s decision, take legal action with a lawyer in your corner. Our law firm is devoted to helping construction accident victims demand justice for the losses, and we are not afraid to stand up to insurance companies.
Speak With a Construction Accident Attorney in Newark Now
The legal professionals at Morelli Law Firm are ready to get to work on your case. We are the trusted Newark construction accident attorneys you can rely on to handle your personal injury claims. Contact us now for a free consultation with our workplace accident lawyers.