Steel trucks can carry many tons of steel at a time. This adds thousands of pounds to a truck’s already impressive weight. People who get caught in the path of a steel truck when it loses control may suffer catastrophic, life-altering injuries.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident involving a steel truck, a White Plains steel truck accident lawyer may be able to help you fight for compensation for your damages. Call Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800 to find out more about how we can assist you.
There Might Be Multiple Liable Parties Involved in a Truck Accident
A 2017 study conducted by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) found that 73 percent of fatal large truck accidents involved at least one other vehicle.
However, even if the truck driver did strike another vehicle, they might not necessarily be the only liable party for an accident. Trucking companies that encourage their employees to forgo federal regulations to meet unrealistic quotas may be held liable for accidents their employees cause. The drivers may push themselves to unhealthy extremes, go without sleep or breaks, or take performance-enhancing substances to avoid getting into trouble with their employer.
No matter who is liable in your case, Morelli Law Firm can help you find them and hold them accountable. Feel free to call us at (212) 751-9800 for a complimentary case evaluation. If you have a qualifying case, we can get started on assessing your damages to pursue compensation.
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
We Can Guide You on When to Sue and How Much to Demand
Accident victims have a limited amount of time to seek damages. According to the New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214, you generally have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. So, even if you are just thinking about filing a lawsuit, you may want to seek legal advice sooner rather than later.
A White Plains steel truck accident lawyer can help you understand what is involved in filing a lawsuit. They can categorize your injuries to put a value on them. These categories may involve:
If you were in a steel truck accident, you might have to pay bills related to your accident, like medical or repair bills. You may be unable to work for a while, forcing you to depend on others or go into debt just to stay afloat. These losses may be categorized as economic damages. You can sue for things, such as:
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries derailed your career and currently prevent you from earning the wages you once did
- Employment loss if your injuries caused you to lose your job
- Medical bills if your injuries required you to pursue a medical diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation
- Lifestyle expenses if you need to hire people, such as landscapers or nannies, to take care of what used to be your daily responsibilities
Sometimes, the worst effects of a truck accident are emotional wounds. These damages may be categorized as noneconomic damages. They include things like:
- Pain and suffering, which can apply to any physical or psychological pain you experienced because of the crash
- Diminished quality of life if you are unable to live independently or if you are unable to participate in your favorite activities
- Permanent disability if your physical and/or mental capabilities have been permanently affected
- Loss of consortium if your injuries have negatively affected your relationship with your spouse
What Your Damages Might Be Worth
With economic damages, figuring out how much to sue for may be as easy as looking at a bill or calculating how much income you lost during your time off. However, what about non-economic damages? The amount you qualify for may depend on the severity of your injuries, among other factors. If you are unsure of how to translate your damages into a monetary value, an attorney from Morelli Law Firm may be able to help.
White Plains Steel Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me877-751-9800
Get Help with Your Case
After an accident, it is normal to feel overwhelmed by your burdens or challenges. Our team wants you to know that you are not alone. Our founder, Benedict Morelli, has decades of experience fighting for accident victims just like you. Morelli Law Firm can fight on your behalf for the justice and the compensation you need to get back on your feet. With us on your side, you do not have to worry about learning the law, handling negotiations, or any other legal task.
Your legal team may do the following for you:
- Evaluate your case: Not sure if you have a case? Give us a call. A member of our team can review your case at no cost and no obligation to you.
- File paperwork: Filling out and submitting forms is tedious but necessary. Your lawyer can make sure all forms are completed and sent on time.
- Negotiate for you: Accepting a settlement is often a quicker way to complete your case. We will do everything possible to get the insurance company to pay what you demand.
- Go to trial: A settlement may be the preferable outcome, but that does not mean we are afraid of the courtroom. If the only way to get your money is through a trial, we may schedule a trial and continue to fight for your rights.
All the while, we make it a point to keep you involved. If something big happens in your case, you can depend on us to contact you about it.
If you still have questions or are unsure if filing a lawsuit is right for you, call our office at (212) 751-9800 for a free consultation. Morelli Law Firm can assess your case for free and address whatever concerns you have. If you decide to hire a White Plains steel truck accident lawyer, you do not have to pay any attorney’s fees unless we win compensation for you.