If you have experienced employment discrimination in St. Louis or the surrounding areas, you don’t have to face it alone. At Morelli Law Firm, we understand how devastating employment discrimination can be for individuals and their families. It’s not just about losing a job or missing out on an opportunity. It’s about being treated unfairly because of who you are.
That’s why we believe everyone deserves equal treatment under the law and are committed to fighting against discrimination in all its forms. If you’ve been a victim of employment discrimination in St. Louis, MO, our team is here to help you seek justice and hold those responsible for their actions.
What Type of Employment Discrimination Did You Experience?
There are four main types of employment discrimination that you could have experienced at your St. Louis workplace. If you were a victim of employment discrimination, one of our St. Louis personal injury lawyers can help you:
- Disparate treatment: This occurs when an employer intentionally treats an employee less favorably because of their protected characteristic. For example, if an employer denies a promotion to a qualified employee solely based on their race or gender.
- Disparate impact: This refers to a situation where an employer’s neutral policy disproportionately negatively affects employees with a certain protected characteristic. An example would be if a company enforces a height requirement for a job position that disproportionately excludes individuals of a certain race or gender.
- Harassment: This type of discrimination occurs when an employee is subjected to offensive conduct related to their protected characteristic and creates a hostile work environment. For instance, if an employee is repeatedly subjected to derogatory comments or unwelcome advances based on their sexual orientation.
- Retaliation: Retaliation occurs when an employee faces adverse action due to complaining about discrimination or participating in a discrimination investigation. For example, if an employee is demoted or terminated after reporting racial discrimination in the workplace.
When you meet with one of our attorneys at our St. Louis office, we can tell you if you have a valid case.
Benefits of Hiring a St. Louis Employment Discrimination Lawyer
Hiring an experienced St. Louis employment discrimination lawyer can provide numerous benefits when protecting your rights and achieving justice in the workplace. Discrimination can profoundly impact your career, mental health, and financial stability. Therefore, having someone with experience in this area of law can be invaluable.
One benefit of hiring a skilled attorney is their extensive knowledge of federal and state employment laws. They know the latest legal developments concerning discrimination cases and understand how to navigate complex laws and regulations.
Additionally, an experienced lawyer has dealt with various discrimination cases throughout their career and knows how to build a strong case for their clients. They can help you gather evidence, conduct investigations, negotiate settlements, or represent you in court if necessary.
St. Louis Employment Discrimination Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Fighting Back Against Employment Discrimination in St. Louis
As victims of employment discrimination, you have the right to fight back and take legal action against your employers. Filing a discrimination complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is often the first step in pursuing justice.
We can also pursue legal action through private litigation and hold employers accountable for their discriminatory actions if necessary. By taking these steps, we can send a clear message that discrimination has no place in the workplace and stand up for our rights as employees.
Filing a Discrimination Complaint
If you feel discriminated against in the workplace, you can start filing a discrimination complaint with the help of a St. Louis employment discrimination lawyer at Morelli Law Firm. The legal process can be overwhelming and confusing, but having an experienced St. Louis employment discrimination attorney can make all the difference. They can guide you through each process step and make sure your rights are protected.
Here are three types of discrimination claims that you may be able to file with the help of a St. Louis employment discrimination lawyer:
- Age discrimination: If you believe your employer has made decisions based on your age rather than your abilities or performance, you may have an age discrimination claim.
- Gender discrimination: If you’ve been treated unfairly because of your gender, such as being paid less than male colleagues for doing the same job, you may have a gender discrimination claim.
- Disability discrimination: If you’ve been denied reasonable accommodations at work due to a disability or if you’ve been terminated because of it, then you may have a disability discrimination claim.
A St. Louis employment discrimination lawyer can help determine which type of claim is most appropriate for your situation and assist in filing it properly with relevant agencies and courts.
Pursuing Legal Action
Taking legal action against an employer discriminating against you is your right. It’s important to remember that pursuing legal action isn’t just about seeking justice but also about holding the employer accountable for their actions.
A St. Louis employment discrimination lawyer can help guide you through filing a lawsuit and representing your case in court. One of the main benefits of hiring legal representation is having access to compensation options that may not have been available otherwise.
A skilled attorney will work tirelessly to make sure that you receive fair compensation for any damages incurred due to the discrimination, such as lost wages or emotional distress. Pursuing legal action may also send a message to other employers in the industry that discriminatory behavior won’t be tolerated, ultimately leading to positive change for all employees facing similar issues.
Holding Employers Accountable
Various legal options are available for proving workplace discrimination, including gathering evidence such as witness testimonies and written documentation of discriminatory remarks or actions.
One important factor in pursuing legal action is establishing a clear timeline of events that demonstrate how you were discriminated against. This can be challenging, but an experienced employment discrimination lawyer in St. Louis can help you gather relevant evidence and build a strong case to increase your chances of winning.
With their assistance, you may be able to secure compensation for damages such as lost wages, emotional distress, and attorney fees. It’s important to remember that taking legal action not only holds your employer accountable but also helps prevent future instances of discrimination in the workplace.
Contact Us for a Free Case Consultation Today
At Morelli Law Firm, our team of St. Louis employment discrimination attorneys is dedicated to helping you recover the compensation you need after you’ve been discriminated against. We can help you build a strong case and hold your employer accountable.
Contact us for a free consultation with one of our St. Louis attorneys today.