Commercial vehicle drivers, like buses and large trucks, can perform negligent actions that cause accidents. If you were injured in a commercial vehicle traffic accident in Hudson County, you can hold any negligent parties financially responsible for your losses.
But you do not have to pursue compensation on your own. At Morelli Law Firm, our commercial motor vehicle accident lawyers serving North Bergen are prepared to represent your claim. We will provide a free consultation to review your losses and determine how to secure a fair settlement for your injuries.
We Help North Bergen Drivers Navigate Complex Commercial Accident Claims
Not only could there be multiple parties involved, but both state and federal laws regulate truck company and driver standards. For example, rules regarding commercial driver licenses, truck driver resting logs, and trucking quality control can all affect the outcome of your settlement.
Therefore, handling a New Jersey commercial vehicle claim is complex. But when you partner with an experienced commercial truck accident lawyer, you can feel confident that your claim will get resolved efficiently
Driver Negligence Causes New Jersey Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Truck driver negligence plays a critical role in commercial motor vehicle collisions. Some of the most common forms of negligence include:
- Distracted driving: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), distracted driving is any activity that diverts attention from the road. It may include using a GPS, eating, texting, or adjusting the radio.
- Fatigue: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulates the number of hours drivers can work without rest. If a driver pushes past these limits, they increase the risk of falling asleep at the wheel and causing a collision.
- Speeding: Commercial drivers may speed to make tight deadlines. But aggressive driving leads to devastating accidents and fatal collisions.
When on the road, drivers have a duty of care to act within a reasonable manner. Negligent behaviors prevent truck drivers from operating their vehicles safely, making them liable for a commercial truck collision.
North Bergen Commercial Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Other Causes of Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Driver negligence accounts for a majority of commercial motor vehicle accidents, but not all of them. Other causes of collisions are:
- Faulty equipment: Malfunctioning brakes, steering, and other safety systems lead to accidents. These defects can stem from poor vehicle maintenance from the trucking company or service crew.
- Defective products: Truck manufacturing companies may deliver faulty products that lead to a commercial vehicle crash.
- Poor road conditions: If your accident was caused by a road hazard or a lack of proper signage, the municipality responsible for keeping the roads safe may be liable for your injuries.
No matter who is at fault, our North Bergen commercial motor vehicle accident attorneys will identify them. Once we establish responsibility, we gather evidence to prove how the liable party’s actions contributed to your damages.
Injuries Due to North Bergen Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Commercial vehicles can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. So, when your car collides with one, you can suffer a wide range of injuries. These may include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Burns, cuts, or scrapes
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Airbag impact injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
After an accident, see a medical professional as soon as possible. Doctors can diagnose your wounds, begin treatment, and create medical records that document your injuries. Our attorneys use medical records as evidence when building your accident claim.
Damages to Seek After a Commercial Vehicle Crash
Recoverable damages in a commercial motor vehicle accident depend on the details of your case. In general, you may be eligible to collect compensatory damages like:
- Hospitalization, doctor’s examinations, and surgical procedures
- Physical or occupational therapy
- Estimated future costs of medical care
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning potential
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
Trucking companies and insurance providers may attempt to deny your claim or refuse to pay a settlement that covers all your damages. But our knowledgeable attorneys demand maximum compensation after a commercial accident, and we are not afraid to be aggressive when negotiating your settlement.
Wrongful Death Damages After a Fatal Commercial Vehicle Collision
If a loved one died in a commercial motor vehicle accident, immediate family members can recover damages through a wrongful death claim. The recoverable damages in a wrongful death case include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical costs left for the family to cover
- Lost wages and benefits previously provided by the deceased
Our personal injury lawyers will handle your wrongful death suit and seek justice on behalf of your loved one. When our attorneys represent your case, you can let us manage the paperwork while you focus on healing from your loss.
How Our North Bergen Accident Law Firm Will Help You
When you work with the North Bergen commercial motor vehicle accident lawyers from Morelli Law Firm, you receive expert legal representation. Our litigation strategy includes:
- Answering your commercial motor vehicle accident questions
- Keeping you updated throughout every step of your case
- Communicating with all third parties on your behalf
- Identifying the liable party and gathering evidence to prove fault
- Collecting evidence of damages
- Negotiating with the responsible party’s insurance company
- Taking your case to trial (if necessary)
North Bergen drivers trust us to handle their claims and pursue justice from liable parties. With our motor vehicle accident lawyers on your side, you can expect to receive a fair settlement for your damages.
Review Your Case With a Commercial Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney Now
Take legal action against liable parties and file a claim with our trusted commercial motor vehicle accident attorneys in North Bergen. The legal experts at Morelli Law Firm are proficient in New Jersey commercial trucking laws, and we may be able to represent your case. Contact us now for a free case review.