Motorcycles are fun to drive, but they also offer little protection for the rider. Therefore, motorcycle crashes can lead to devastating and sometimes fatal injuries. If another party caused your motorcycle collision, the experts at Morelli Law Firm can help you secure a financial recovery.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys in North Bergen help victims seek fair settlements for motorcycle accidents. If you are unsure if you should take legal action, contact us. Our team will provide a no-obligation case review to explore the details of your crash and determine what steps you should take next.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Hudson County
Many circumstances can lead to motorcycle accidents in New Jersey. Some of the most common causes include:
- Blind spots: Motorcycles can easily move into a vehicle’s blind spot. If the motorist decides to change lanes, they may not see the biker, causing a collision.
- Lane splitting: Lane splitting is when the motorcyclist rides on the line between traffic lanes to avoid stopping or slowing down for heavy traffic. In doing so, bikers must ride close to other cars, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Turns: Many drivers fail to yield to motorcyclists when making a left-hand turn, causing a head-on collision.
- Hazardous road conditions: Slippery roads, loose gravel, and uneven pavement can cause motorcyclists to lose control of their bikes.
When you partner with our legal professionals, we evaluate every detail of your accident to determine its cause. Once we identify the at-fault party, we hold them accountable for their negligent behavior.
Injuries From North Bergen Motorcycle Accidents
Since motorcycles offer significantly less protection than passenger vehicles, motorcycle riders suffer severe injuries after a crash. Specific injuries a motorcyclist might endure include:
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injuries (such as concussions)
- Broken or fractured bones (especially broken ribs)
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Facial disfigurement
- Mental trauma (such as PTSD)
Some of these injuries may present immediate symptoms, while others take days or weeks to make themselves known. That’s why every motorcyclist in North Bergen must seek medical attention after a collision.
In addition to treating your wounds, medical professionals also create reports documenting your injuries. Lawyers use these medical reports to prove evidence of damages when building a personal injury lawsuit.
North Bergen Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Your Legal Options After a New Jersey Motorcycle Accident
New Jersey motorcycle drivers must be aware of their options following a motorcycle crash. As with any personal injury claim in New Jersey, drivers must prove that the liable party:
- Possessed a standard duty of care (such as driving responsibly)
- Acted in a way that breached the duty of care
- Caused you to suffer injuries
There may also be multiple parties at fault for your motorcycle accident, which makes proving liability complex. To ensure you identify and take legal action against all responsible parties, partner with a North Bergen motorcycle crash attorney.
Proving Liability in a North Bergen Motorcycle Collision Case
When a North Bergen motorcycle accident lawyer from Morelli Law Firm represents you, our firm can gather evidence to prove liability. We demonstrate that another driver caused your motorcycle accident through negligent actions, such as:
- Breaking a traffic rule
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
Our motorcycle accident injury lawyers use various types of evidence to build a strong case, including:
- Photos and videos from the accident scene
- Police reports
- Surveillance or traffic camera footage
- Witness testimonies
- Medical records
- Testimonies from accident reconstruction experts
Depending on your case, we may determine that a third party is liable for your injuries. For example, if a negligent mechanic did not service your motorcycle correctly, they may be liable for your crash. On the other hand, if hazardous road conditions contributed to your collision, you can pursue a claim from the North Bergen municipality responsible for maintaining the roadway.
How Our North Bergen Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Build a Strong Claim
Our North Bergen motorcycle accident attorneys take the burden off your shoulders by providing professional legal representation for your case. Throughout the litigation process, we will:
- Answer your legal questions and offer legal guidance from start to finish
- Gather evidence to establish a strong case
- Obtain copies of your medical records and speak with medical professionals to confirm the full extent of your injuries
- Collect bills and receipts to calculate the value of your case
- Negotiate with the insurance company to recover a fair settlement
- Fight for your rights at trial if an agreeable payment is not reached
Our personal injury lawyers are committed to serving justice. If another party caused you pain, stress, or emotional trauma, we make it our mission to hold them accountable.
Recovering Damages After a Motorcycle Crash
The types of damages you may recover after a wreck depends on the details of your motorcycle accident case. Our attorneys will seek damages to cover all your expenses, including:
- Ambulance rides and hospital stays
- Surgical procedures and physical therapy
- Estimated future costs of medical care
- Lost wages
- Future loss of income (if your earning potential is affected by lasting injuries)
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, New Jersey motorcycle safety statistics show that motorcyclists are 28 times more likely to die in a collision than passenger car occupants. If your loved one did not survive the accident or passed away due to severe injuries, your family can seek damages in a wrongful death lawsuit.
Recoverable damages for a wrongful death claim include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical costs left to the family to pay
- Wages and benefits previously provided by the deceased
New Jersey Statute of Limitations for Motorcycle Accident Claims
Every state has a statute of limitations limiting the amount of time people have to pursue financial compensation after an accident. In New Jersey, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years from the date of the crash. If you are filing a wrongful death suit, you have two years from the date of the death to pursue a claim.
If you do not file your claim by the time the statute of limitations runs out, you may be barred from recovering a settlement.
However, you can avoid issues by hiring a skilled Hudson County accident lawyer. With our attorneys in your corner, you can feel confident that your motorcycle accident claim will get filed within all necessary deadlines.
Take Legal Action With Our North Bergen Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Now
You do not have to face settlement negotiations or a personal injury lawsuit alone. A North Bergen motorcycle accident attorney from Morelli Law Firm can handle all aspects of your case, giving you time to heal from your injuries. Contact us now for a free accident claim review.