Morelli Law represents victims that have experienced injury or losses after being involved in a truck accident. As personal injury attorneys, we know how devastating it is to be in a collision with a large commercial truck, especially construction vehicles.
For occupants of a car, van, pickup, or other passenger vehicles, a collision with a construction truck is extremely risky and often results in life-changing conditions. The value of a case involving a construction truck is typically higher than the value of a traditional car wreck claim.
The following factors are crucial in determining the value of your personal injury lawsuit:
- The kinds of wounds you’ve received
- Whether you’re anticipated to recover physically completely
- How your injury affects your capacity to earn money and work
- The present and future costs of medical care
- How the incident has affected you psychologically and emotionally
- Whether or not you were a liable part of the incident
You should receive a settlement that fully compensates you for your damages. We have construction truck accident lawyers in Carbondale who will fight diligently to help you receive the biggest payout possible.
Compensation Is Available to Truck Accident Victims
In the state of Illinois, plaintiffs in personal injury claims have two types of damages available to them: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages cover an accident’s financial costs and losses, such as:
- Medical costs
- Wages lost
- Reduced earning potential
- Damage to property
- Nursing assistance
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damage compensates for the pain and suffering caused by an accident, such as:
- Mental anguish
- Loss of life quality
- Chronic discomfort
Economic damages are relatively simple to quantify because they are based on verified expenses and expected losses. Non-economic damages, on the other hand, are significantly more difficult to quantify, so the value of this can vary.
Our lawyers are aware of how crucial it is to determine the full amount of your wounds and trauma. The more specific our demand for compensation is, and the more proof we have to support it, the more probable it is that you will receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
Proven Reasons For Truck Accidents
State and federal trucking restrictions apply to large vehicles. A CDL is required to operate a construction truck, and truck drivers must complete extensive training to obtain a CDL and any required endorsements. Daily inspections and routine maintenance are required for such trucks.
Accidents involving construction vehicles should, in theory, be uncommon. They regrettably occur frequently, and usually as a result of carelessness.
The following are common causes of collisions involving commercial vehicles like construction trucks:
- Operating a vehicle while distracted (such as texting and driving, eating behind the wheel, or talking)
- Driving while under the influence
- Speeding, unsafe lane changes or turns
- Mechanical failures or defective parts
- Inadequately trained drivers
- Unsafe road conditions
Identifying the cause(s) of your transportation accident is crucial in determining the payout of your settlement. Since proving negligence in a truck accident case can be a difficult procedure, it’s crucial to have an experienced personal injury attorney on your side who can conduct a careful investigation to identify the party(ies) at fault.
Our Carbondale construction truck wreck lawyers can start investigating responsibility as soon as the reason has been determined.
Responsibility for Construction Truck Accidents
Anyone who causes a significant truck accident in Illinois may be responsible for the subsequent damage under state law.
Our attorneys may conclude that one or more of the following parties are at fault after determining what caused your car accident:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company
- Construction company
- Truck manufacturers
- Government institutions
- Drivers of other passenger vehicles or motorcyclists
Since multiple parties can be liable in a construction truck accident, hiring an attorney is a solid way to ensure that you recoup damages from each party involved. Whoever puts you in danger, whether directly or indirectly, will be relentlessly pursued for damages.
Top-Rated Truck Accident Lawyers in the Area
Our collective experience of personal injury law has allowed us to provide top-rated truck accident legal help to Carbondale and its surrounding neighborhoods. Our construction truck accident attorneys are strong litigators that provide exceptional legal support in and out of the courtroom.
The stakes in your case are in our hands, and we will fight tirelessly to secure the outcomes you require. In hiring an attorney from Morelli Law Firm, you’ll receive:
- Assistance with comprehending all of your legal possibilities for monetary recovery
- A personalized investigation of your truck accident to determine what happened, what caused it, and who is responsible
- Pristine case management that will file all necessary paperwork within a timely manner
- A strategic defense counsel that will negotiate for the largest settlement package
- Time back to concentrate on recovering from bodily wounds and trauma
Contact a member of our team to schedule a free consultation today!