If you’ve collided with a delivery truck driver who was speeding to complete all the drop-offs on their route or driving without care for the safety of others, you may be dealing with painful injuries, expensive medical bills, and a number of other difficulties.
At Morelli Law, our truck accident lawyers know how stressful it can be to deal with the aftermath of a collision. To help you stay sane and obtain the damages you’re owed, an Albany delivery truck accident lawyer from our firm can file a claim on your behalf.
How a Lawyer From Albany Can Help You Recover From a Delivery Truck Accident
A truck accident attorney can offer you several services, all geared toward helping you recover from the physical, financial, and mental impacts of your accident. Here’s how an Albany delivery truck accident attorney can help you recuperate from your collision:
Investigate the Crash
To find out if the driver was violating traffic safety laws or driving recklessly during the time of the crash, your attorney will launch an investigation. They’ll analyze photos of the collision scene, interview eyewitnesses, work with accident reconstruction experts, and review the local police report to get the evidence they need to hold the driver responsible.
Negotiate a Settlement
A delivery truck accident lawyer from Albany must take your claim to the at-fault party’s insurance company to get you the damages you deserve. They’ll negotiate and do their best to convince insurers that you deserve a fair settlement.
Comply With Filing Requirements
When filing a truck accident lawsuit, there are several government-imposed rules and deadlines that you’ll have to follow. One of the requirements that may apply to your claim is New York’s statute of limitations for personal injury suits.
According to CPLR § 214, you must file your truck collision lawsuit no later than three years after the date of the accident. An attorney can manage time effectively to get your suit filed before the applicable deadline has passed.
Fight for Your Compensation
Your lawyer will assess all the losses and inconveniences you’ve experienced and calculate how much money you’re owed. Whether you pursue damages via an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, they’ll fight for the compensation you need to support your recovery.
Average Delivery Truck Accident Settlement in Albany
Since each truck accident victim suffers from different injuries, work-related losses, and mental health-related impacts, there is no average settlement. However, there are damages that the majority of delivery truck accident claimants receive from insurance settlements and court-ordered payments.
Depending on the unique losses and injustices you’ve suffered as a result of the collision, a delivery truck accident attorney in Albany, NY, may request the following damages:
- Medical bills
- Future medical care costs
- Physical therapy expenses
- Vehicle repair costs
- Lost wages
- Decreased earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Our team has negotiated high-value settlements with some of the largest delivery companies in the United States. We’ve taken on FedEx, Walmart, Amazon, and UPS. If you’ve been injured by a delivery truck driver employed by a small business or massive corporation, we can offer experienced legal assistance.
Albany Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Proving Liability in a Delivery Truck Accident Case
While the truck driver might be liable for your injuries and losses, several other parties may bear responsibility. In some cases, we’ve even found that multiple parties were at fault. An accident lawyer will determine who is guilty to get the damages you need.
Potentially liable parties include:
- The driver: If the truck driver was speeding, intoxicated, texting while driving, disobeying traffic safety laws, or driving aggressively, a delivery truck accident lawyer in Albany, NY, will likely file a claim or lawsuit against them.
- The driver’s employer: In some cases, the driver’s employer may be at fault. The trucking company may be liable if someone in a management position pressured the driver to work extremely long hours, failed to train the driver properly, or failed to complete a thorough background check before hiring the driver.
- A truck parts manufacturer: If we suspect that a mechanical failure or defective component caused the collision, we’ll have an auto expert take a look at the truck. If they find that the crash was caused by a poorly designed or defective truck part, we’ll file a claim with the manufacturer.
- Truck maintenance provider: If your truck crash was caused by an issue that the truck’s maintenance provider should have fixed, we may take legal action against them.
- Another driver: When other motorists make serious errors or choose to drive recklessly, they can cause trucks to swerve out of the way and collide with an innocent driver. If another driver caused your collision, we’ll do our best to use traffic camera footage, witness testimony, and other forms of evidence to identify them.
To formally prove liability, your Albany injury lawyer must prove that the at-fault party(s) owed you a duty of care. A duty of care is a responsibility to act as a reasonable person would in a given situation to mitigate and prevent harm. Your lawyer must also prove that the guilty party breached the duty of care, causing you to sustain injuries and monetary losses.
You Can Afford to Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer
With all the medical bills, vehicle repair costs, and lost wages you must be dealing with, you might be hesitant to hire a lawyer to pursue damages for your trucking accident. Fortunately, working with our delivery truck accident attorneys in Albany, NY, comes at no upfront or out-of-pocket cost.
Morelli Law offers free, no-obligation case evaluations to all potential clients. We also work on a contingency fee basis. Instead of charging you a traditional fee or retainer, we’ll take a portion of the settlement you receive from your claim.
Contact Our Firm Today
No matter how mild or serious your injuries are, recuperating from a truck collision can be a long and difficult journey. Lucky for you, the attorneys at Morelli Law are here to help you along the way. Our team has delivered incredible case results for countless clients, so you can be confident that they have what it takes to bring your case to a favorable conclusion.
Contact an Albany truck accident lawyer from our firm to get started on your case. They’ll set up a consultation to learn more about the injuries and losses you’ve experienced. If they agree to help you, they’ll devote all of their energy and resources to obtaining a high-value settlement on your behalf.