Are you or a loved one facing the devastating consequences of a catastrophic injury in Newark? When life-altering injuries occur, you need a skilled and compassionate legal advocate. That’s where a Newark, NJ, catastrophic injury lawyer can help.
Whether your injury was caused by a car accident, medical malpractice, or any other negligence, we can help you seek the compensation you deserve. With the experience of a Newark, NJ, personal injury attorney at Morelli Law Firm, you can level the playing field and fight for the justice you deserve.
How a Catastrophic Injury Can Affect Your Life
These injuries are severe and often result in long-term or permanent disabilities. The consequences can be devastating, from spinal cord injuries to traumatic brain injuries.
Catastrophic injuries can lead to significant physical limitations, such as paralysis or loss of limb function, which can greatly affect a person’s independence and quality of life. Additionally, they can cause emotional distress, mental health issues, and financial burdens due to extensive medical treatment and ongoing care needs.
It’s important to recognize these injuries’ gravity and their immense challenges. As you go through the legal process for your catastrophic injury, seeking legal assistance from a Newark catastrophic injury lawyer can provide the support and guidance you need to pursue rightful compensation and justice.
How Our Newark Catastrophic Injury Attorney Can Help You
Additionally, an experienced Newark catastrophic injury attorney is essential in representing and advocating for your best interests. We understand the challenges of these cases and know to help you through the legal process. Here are four reasons why having a Newark catastrophic injury lawyer on your case can make a significant difference:
- Compassion: We empathize with your pain and suffering, providing the emotional support you need during this challenging time.
- Knowledge: Our in-depth knowledge of personal injury laws and regulations makes sure you receive the maximum compensation you deserve.
- Investigation: We will thoroughly investigate your case, gathering evidence and expert testimonies to strengthen your claim.
- Negotiation: We can help you negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company. But if we can’t settle, our team is ready to take your case to court.
When you hire one of our Newark catastrophic injury attorneys, you can focus on your recovery while we fight for your rights.
Newark Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
You Have a Limited Time To File For Compensation in New Jersey
According to New Jersey Statutes § 2A:14-2, you have two years from the day you suffered your catastrophic injury to file a personal injury claim. You must file your claim after you’ve received all of your medical treatment. You could recover more damages by waiting until you have been treated for all of your injuries to file.
But if you wait too long and miss the deadline, you will be ineligible for compensation. You can find out if there are exceptions to the deadline in your case by speaking with one of our Newark, NJ, catastrophic injury lawyers in a free case evaluation.
Damages Our Newark, NJ, Team Can Recover For You
At Morelli Law Firm, we’re accustomed to going after negligent parties, and with our years of experience, we have a strategy that gets our clients the damages they need. If you suffered a catastrophic injury, our Newark, NJ, catastrophic injury attorneys can help you recover:
- Medical expenses: These include all costs linked to initial emergency care, surgeries, hospital stays, medications, rehabilitation, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and any ongoing medical treatments required to aid your recovery.
- Lost earnings: You may be entitled to financial compensation for the income lost during your recovery period or any future inability to work due to the catastrophic injuries you have endured.
- Pain and suffering: As you cope with the physical pain and emotional distress stemming from your injuries, you can get compensation for the impact on your overall well-being.
- Emotional distress: We understand that the psychological trauma, anxiety, depression, and other mental health challenges arising from your injuries can have a significant impact on your life, and you may be eligible for damages in this regard.
- Disability and disfigurement: If you are left with permanent physical disabilities or disfigurement due to catastrophic injuries, you deserve compensation for the lasting effects on your life.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: The inability to participate in activities you once enjoyed can be disheartening. You may seek monetary recovery to account for this loss of enjoyment.
Frequently Asked Questions About Catastrophic Injuries
You might have many questions if you’ve never suffered a catastrophic injury. Our Newark, NJ, catastrophic injury attorney answers some of the most common questions:
Can I Still Seek Compensation if the Catastrophic Injury Was Partially My Fault?
You can still seek compensation for a catastrophic injury, even if it was partially your fault. The amount you may receive could be reduced based on your level of fault.
What Types of Evidence Are Important in Proving a Catastrophic Injury Claim?
When pursuing a catastrophic injury claim, gathering and presenting the right evidence is essential to establishing the severity and impact of your injury. Insurance companies, opposing attorneys, and the court will carefully examine the evidence you provide to assess the validity and extent of your claim. Here are some types of evidence that are essential in proving a catastrophic injury claim:
Your medical records play a central role in supporting your claim. These records should include detailed information about your diagnosis, treatment plan, medical procedures, surgeries, medications, and the prognosis provided by healthcare professionals. They offer insight into the extent of your injuries, the required medical care, and the potential long-term effects on your health and well-being.
Expert witnesses can provide specialized knowledge and professional opinions about your catastrophic injury. These experts may include medical professionals, rehabilitation specialists, vocational experts, or economists. Their testimonies can help clarify complex medical conditions, evaluate your future medical needs, assess your ability to work or pursue gainful employment and calculate the financial impact of your injury over time.
Visual evidence, such as photographs or videos of the accident scene, can be highly persuasive. These visual representations can help recreate the circumstances of the accident, identify hazards or contributing factors, and illustrate the severity of the incident. Additionally, photographs documenting the physical injuries and damage caused by the accident can have a compelling impact on your claim’s credibility.
Is It Possible to Settle a Catastrophic Injury Case Out of Court?
Yes, settling a catastrophic injury case out of court is possible. You and the other party can negotiate a settlement agreement that meets your needs, saving you time and the stress of a trial.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation Today for Your Catastrophic Injury Case
At Morelli Law Firm, we are ready to help you recover the compensation you qualify for. We can hold the liable parties accountable for their actions with legal action. Our catastrophic injury attorneys in Newark, NJ, can give you a free case evaluation; contact us today.