After an accident, you can increase the potential value of your personal injury settlement by capturing the details of your accident with supportive evidence, ensuring thorough and accurate documentation of your injuries and prognosis, and accurately documenting each damage for which you request compensation. You can also increase the value of your settlement by allowing our personal injury lawyer to oversee your case and handle the negotiation process.
Our New York personal injury attorneys will help you understand and navigate the compensation process, clarify how you can increase your personal injury settlement, and organize and present your evidence to the at-fault party and their insurance provider. We also carefully estimate the value of the expenses you are expected to incur in the future to ensure your case is not undervalued or underpaid.
What Evidence Will You Compile to Support My Personal Injury Case?
Most personal injury cases settle out of court when the at-fault party is presented with a compelling and persuasive evidence file. When we build one for you, we ensure it contains proof of the at-fault party’s negligence and liability. Your case file will include:
- Your accident or incident report with accident-scene details, diagrams, and photos
- Detailed written statements from you and any available witnesses
- Photos and video footage of your personal injuries, the accident scene, and your damaged property
- Comprehensive medical records, therapy, and rehabilitation records and bills
- Copies of any written or electronic correspondence between you and the at-fault party’s insurer
According to Insurance Information Institute (III) guidelines it is recommended to collect as much information as possible, evidence collection can start at the scene of the accident. When our personal injury law firm represents you, we request copies of any information, details, or evidence you have in your possession. Then, while you concentrate on getting better, we request and obtain additional supportive evidence on your behalf.
Track Each Type of Recoverable Damage
Our legal team will help you compile the evidence that proves your right to compensation. We will also help you create a detailed list of your recoverable damages with proof of the value of each line item. This portion of your personal injury claim will include:
- Medical bills that support the extent of your injuries and their costs
- A written prognosis that details your anticipated recovery times and expenses
- Repair bills for your vehicle or replacement values if it is declared a total loss
- Mental health care records that document the severity of your pain and suffering
- Employment, tax, and other financial records that prove your total income loss
In addition to collecting evidence for you, we also make sure the insurance company’s actions are fair and timely. This can include ensuring vehicle repairs are accurately diagnosed, the replacement value of your car is fair, or the diminished value of your vehicle is included in your potential compensation package.
Avoid Agreeing to a Speedy Settlement in Your Personal Injury Case
We recommend allowing us to handle all insurance company communication, including fielding settlement offers. A settlement offer that is made too soon can be tempting when your injuries prevent you from working. A fast settlement could mean the true financial impact of the accident is unclear. Being patient and allowing us to document your case’s value fully can increase your settlement by ensuring no valid expense is overlooked.
Hear From Previous Personal Injury Clients
Our personal injury law firm believes every client we serve is entitled to support through every part of their recovery – physical, emotional, and financial – so we work hard to ensure an outstanding client experience. For example, on our testimonials page, past clients say:
- “Michael S. Schlesinger from Morelli Law Firm went above and beyond to help my father in his medical malpractice case. We ended up with a much larger than anticipated settlement amount due to Michael’s exceptional negotiation skills…This is an exceptional law firm.” – Xiang Mei Cao
- “Morelli Law Firm represented me in my construction accident case. They won the case in court, obtaining a significant settlement that allowed me to move on with my life… I would recommend Morelli Law Firm to anyone who needs a topflight law firm.” – Dillon John
- “Morelli Law Firm was the best to deal with and David took the time to always talk and treated me like family… David was always on top of the situation through the whole process and made sure I received what I was due from my injuries.” – Brian Busche
We treat every client we represent like family and make sure you get the support and encouragement you need to optimize the outcome of your case.
Contact Our Law Firm Today to Learn More About Personal Injury Settlements
Are you prepared to seek compensation from the negligent party who caused your accident? We can help. Find out how hard we will work to increase and maximize your personal injury settlement. Contact Morelli Law Firm today by calling (212) 751-9800.