If you were in a construction accident and need help getting compensation to cover your medical bills and lost wages, our team may be able to help. At Morelli Law Firm, we know that there is always the risk of a serious accident occurring when someone is working in the construction field. We understand how to seek a payout for injured workers in Mount Vernon and other nearby areas.
Our construction accident lawyers are prepared to handle your case and seek a financial recovery for you while you heal from your injuries. We can review your case for you for free today.
How Can Morelli Law Firm Help with My Construction Accident Claim?
Our team has the knowledge and resources to help clients build a strong case for compensation after a construction site accident. We pride ourselves on sticking by our clients throughout this difficult process and preserving their rights. We understand how this type of accident and the resulting can take a toll on your physical and emotional health, as well as your financial well-being.
We thoroughly review each case and then gather the evidence to prove liability. It is unlikely that you can sue your employer, but the property owner or general contractor may be liable. We can work on your behalf to help identify options to recover financial damages. We handle these cases based on contingency fees.
Evidence in a construction accident case could include:
- Your relevant medical records
- Statements from witnesses
- Video footage of the accident
- Photographs or a survey of the scene
- Your medical records
- Other receipts and documents
We want to be sure you get a fair settlement. If not, we are ready to take your case to trial. We will not leave you with an unfair settlement.
Even if your injuries were minor, you still deserve to recover the costs and losses you incurred because of those injuries. We are familiar with the laws and statutes of New York State and can help you obtain an agreeable settlement or court award.
Get a no-obligation case consultation with a team member today.
Recoverable Damages in a Mount Vernon Construction Accident
When you suffer an injury in a construction accident, New York law gives you the right to pursue compensation for the harm you endured. This includes physical, emotional, and financial harm. The costs and losses can add up quickly. You should consider talking to an attorney before agreeing to a settlement.
In some cases, the property owner or another potentially liable party may offer a payout before you have a chance to fully know the severity of your injuries and how long your recovery will take. This is almost always a lowball offer and often does not compensate the injured construction worker fairly.
We go to the mat for our clients, fighting for recoverable damages such as:
- All medical costs, including doctor visits, hospital stays, physical therapy, and medical supplies
- Lost wages, as well as future reduced earning capability
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages, if applicable
- And possibly more
We also help families pursue wrongful death damages after a construction accident. If your loved one suffered fatal injuries on a job site in Mount Vernon or a nearby area, our team can help you understand how to pursue wrongful death damages under EPTL § 5-4.1.
Only the personal representative named by the deceased’s will or the courts can file this type of action in New York State. We can help you determine if you qualify or who can represent your family through this process.
Mount Vernon Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Let a Construction Accident Attorney from Morelli Law Firm Get Started Today
At Morelli Law Firm, we exhaust every resource to build a strong case for our clients. Some of the work we do for each case includes:
- Prove liability
- Calculate a fair award amount
- Interview witnesses
- Collect evidence to support the claim
- Work with worker’s compensation insurance, if applicable
- Deal with other involved parties
- Negotiate a fair settlement
If necessary, we can sue the liable party and seek damages. However, many of these cases settle without going to trial.
We may be able to start your case on the same day that you call us. We have someone standing by now ready to take your call. We will discuss your accident and injuries and provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation.
You can learn more about our services and our track record of securing favorable settlements and verdicts by reading testimonials from our previous clients. We can also answer any additional questions you may have during your consultation.
What Are the Primary Causes of Construction Accidents?
According to The Center for Construction Research and Training, the most common causes of fatal construction accidents include falls from a height, vehicle accidents, or contact with a hazardous object, such as falling debris or high-speed moving parts.
From their 2015 study, of the 985 construction worker fatalities that year:
- 367 occurred from injuries related to slips, trips, and falls
- 263 were from vehicle collisions
- 166 resulted from contact with a hazardous object
Nonfatal construction accident injuries occurred because of many of the same reasons. The top causes of reported accidents include:
- Contact with hazardous objects: This cause of injury refers to someone struck by an object. These injuries could include pinches, crush injuries, bruises, and broken bones. A machine may malfunction and hit a worker. Debris or tools could fall from an elevated height and strike them. A little more than one-third of injuries occurred because of contact with objects.
- Slips, trips, and falls: People who fall on the same level are more apt to have a nonfatal injury. People tend to slip and trip on slippery surfaces and cluttered work sites. Many of these incidents likely go unreported. More serious injuries occur when the worker falls from a ladder, scaffold, or another elevated height.
- Overexertion: Chronic overuse injuries are the third leading cause of nonfatal construction injuries. This can occur when someone tries to lift something too heavy or incorrectly or repeat the same motions day after day.
No matter how your accident occurred, our team will discuss your options for compensation with you. We can assess if you have a third-party claim to recover money for your medical care, lost wages, and other damages. We can also work with your workers’ compensation lawyer if you have one.
Let our team review your case and offer our support and advice as soon as possible. We have a limited time to file a lawsuit against the landowner or other liable party.
A Team Member Is Ready to Discuss Your Mount Vernon Construction Accident
You can speak with a member of our New York construction accident team for free today. We have someone standing by now. We will evaluate your legal options and explain the next steps you should take to pursue compensation for your injuries and damages.
Call Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800 today.