Construction accidents can be quite severe, with consequences that are sometimes fatal. At Morelli Law Firm, we know that any time someone is working in the construction field, there is always the risk of a serious accident occurring. Some people break bones, lose limbs, or suffer from brain concussions. Whatever the case may be, construction accidents are devastating to those who are involved in them. They may take a toll on your physical and emotional health, as well as your financial well-being.
If you have been in a construction accident, you may want help to get your life back on track. At Morelli Law Firm, our attorneys have handled construction accident cases in Mount Vernon. We pride ourselves on sticking by our clients throughout this difficult process and preserving their rights. Our Mount Vernon construction accident lawyer is prepared to fight your case so you can recover financial damages while you heal from your injuries.
Our Mount Vernon construction accident lawyer has the knowledge and the resources to help clients get compensation after an accident. We thoroughly review your case and then build the evidence to prove liability. If we need to, we will investigate, research, and interview people involved with your construction accident. We want to be sure you get a fair settlement. If not, we are ready to take your case to trial. We will not leave you with an unfair settlement.
Get in touch with a Mount Vernon construction accident lawyer at Morelli Law Firm. Call us at (212) 751-9800 for a no-obligation consultation today.
Main Reasons for Construction Accidents
From The Center for Construction Research and Training 6th edition Chart Book, fatal construction accidents often result because of people falling, vehicle accidents, or contact with an object that harms them, such as falling debris or high speed moving parts. From their 2015 study, the number of fatalities that year was 985 workers:
- Injuries due to, slips, trips, and falls made up 367 construction fatalities
- Vehicle collision made up 263 deaths
- Contact with objects was third and resulted in 166 deaths
For that same year’s study, nonfatal injuries broke down as:
- Contact with objects rated as the top reason. This cause of injury refers to someone struck by an object that may malfunction and strike them. It also included things that could pinch, crush, or compress some part of them. Something could fall on a person and injure them badly. A little more than one-third of injuries were from contact with objects.
- Slips, trips, and falls are all put together in the same category. People who fall on the same level are more apt to have a nonfatal injury. People tend to slip and trip on slippery surfaces and cluttered work sites.
- Overexertion is the third top leader in nonfatal construction injuries. This injury usually results when someone lifts something too heavy or in the wrong way, which results in damage or strain to the body.
Your Rights to a Construction Accident Attorney
When you become injured, there is no reason to suffer and just ignore it. Although you may think there is not much you can do, an advocate working on your behalf can help identify options to recover financial damages.
Even if your injuries were minor, you still deserve to recuperate the financial losses of those injuries. When you have a lawyer working with you to bring justice to your case, it can help heal some of those wounds. A Mount Vernon construction accident lawyer who is familiar with the laws and statutes of New York can help you obtain an agreeable settlement or court award.
At Morelli Law Firm, we can help. Give us a call at (212) 751-9800 to get a no-obligation case consultation.
Mount Vernon Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Recoverable Damages in a Mount Vernon Construction Accident
You may be wondering what ways you can financially recover from a construction accident. Maybe you are not sure what all the damages are that you can recover. Personal injury law allows you to recover in areas of physical suffering, mental anguish, and more. When you have suffered an injury in a construction accident, you have the right to pursue compensation for the harm you have endured.
If you get into an accident while working a construction job, consider talking to a Mount Vernon construction accident lawyer before settling with your employer’s insurance company. If you do, we may be able to get you the damages you are eligible to receive. When you hire a professional construction accident attorney, they will go to the mat for you, so you get recoverable damages for such things as:
- All medical costs, including doctor visits, hospital stays, physical therapy, and medical supplies
- Lost wages, as well as reduced earning capability
- Permanent disability
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages, if applicable
- And possibly more
As noted earlier, sometimes, construction accidents turn fatal. If this happens, your Mount Vernon construction accident lawyer can help you file a wrongful death claim under New York Estates, Powers & Trusts §5-4.1.
At Morelli Law Firm, we exhaust every resource to bring about a strong case. Some of the work we do on your behalf is:
- Prove liability
- Calculate your award amount
- Interview witnesses
- Collect evidence to build a strong case
- Work with worker’s compensation insurance, if applicable
- Deal with the employer’s insurance company
- Negotiate a fair settlement
Begin the Process With a Construction Accident Attorney
Start today with getting your life back on track. Contact a Mount Vernon construction accident lawyer and find out how you can get the financial compensation you deserve. The team at Morelli Law Firm will fight hard for you to get a fair settlement. We are standing by, ready to take your call and provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation.
Call Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800 today.