If you suffered a construction accident injury in Passaic because of someone else’s negligence, Morelli Law Firm will provide you with a free case review.
Upon reviewing your case, we will let you know how a construction accident lawyer from our firm can help. You may be able to collect compensation for your medical expenses, time away from work, and other damages. One of our team members is standing by to speak with you now.
The Benefits of Hiring a Construction Accident Lawyer
After a construction accident, your main goal is to recover and get back to work as fast as possible. No one wants to fight with lawyers and insurance companies while trying to recuperate. Fortunately, you do not have to.
Our team at Morelli Law Firm would be happy to take that burden off your shoulders. Your goals are our goals, and we strive to achieve every one of them. We discuss three of the most important goals in a construction accident case below.
Goal One: Find Evidence Supporting Your Case
A member of our team will listen to your account of the accident. If your case is viable, one of our attorneys can strengthen it by seeking evidence such as:
- Witness statements
- Expert testimony
- Medical records
- Surveillance footage
With such evidence, we can work to prove that the liable party is responsible for your injury. We can also show how your injury has negatively affected your health, career, and finances.
Goal Two: Provide Consistent Case Updates
Our team will take on all the hard work in your case, but we always keep you in the loop. Your lawyer will update you as often as there are significant developments in your case. They will also abide by whatever legal choices you make.
We do not make decisions for our clients. Instead, we provide the advice and information they need to make decisions for themselves.
Goal Three: Fight for Financial Recovery
There are different ways to pursue compensation for a construction accident. We can help you choose and pursue a course of action. Your lawyer can help you by:
- Appealing an unfavorable workers’ comp decision
- Negotiating with an insurance company
- Taking the liable party to court
If you live in Passaic, New Jersey, and are thinking of taking legal action after a construction accident, our team is available to help on a contingency-fee-basis. You will not owe us any attorney’s fees until you have recovered compensation.
Economic and Non-Economic Damages in Passaic
Depending on the circumstances of your case, there are generally two kinds of compensation you can pursue, each containing a variety of different damages. These are economic and non-economic damages.
Economic Damages in a Construction Accident Case
Economic damages compensate you for money lost or spent because of the accident. You may be entitled to such damages if you experienced anything similar to the following:
- Loss of wages: This reflects a temporary inability to earn a living. In other words, your injuries eventually healed, and you were able to go back to work.
- Loss of earning capacity: You can still work, but you have had to reduce your working hours or move to a position that pays less than your old job.
- Loss of employment: You can no longer work in construction at all, or your employer fired you because of your injuries.
- Medical expenses: This can include treatment you received immediately after the injury as well as the treatment you will probably need in the future.
Non-Economic Damages from a Construction Accident
Non-economic damages compensate you for the fact that you were injured and the physical and mental distress your injuries caused. You may be eligible for such damages if you experienced anything similar to the following:
- Pain and suffering: This refers to both physical and emotional anguish that you would not have experienced if not for your injuries.
- Disfigurement: Your injuries left behind scar tissue that affects your physical range of motion or your appearance.
- Disability: This may include both physical disabilities and intellectual disabilities.
- Reduced quality of life: Your injuries make it impossible for you to ever resume your pre-accident lifestyle.
Passaic Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
How to Get Compensation for Construction Accident Injuries
Per the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development (LWD), workers who are injured while on the job are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Depending on how badly you were injured, these benefits may include:
- A percentage of your usual wage
- Free medical care from a physician of your employer’s choosing
- Disability benefits for permanent injuries or permanent inability to earn a living
Workers’ compensation can be helpful, but in some cases, a third party may be liable for your injuries. When there is evidence of third-party negligence in a construction accident, you may be able to sue the liable party for compensation. When you consult with our team about your rights, we can discuss the options you have to seek damages.
Do Not Wait to Reach Out for Legal Support
If you decide to pursue a lawsuit in Passaic, you must act within two years of the accident. After this date, according to NJ Rev Stat §2A:14-2, you are no longer entitled to damages.
Contact Our Attorneys Today
In the past, Morelli Law Firm has recovered as much as $62 million for a client who was injured in a construction accident. Call us at (212) 751-9800 to receive a free case assessment at no obligation to you. A construction accident lawyer on our team would be happy to assist you with your claim or lawsuit.