If you were injured or lost money because of a construction accident, you may be eligible for compensation. Filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit could help you recover damages from the liable parties for things like medical expenses and pain and suffering.
A construction accident lawyer from our law firm can make it easier for you to seek the financial support you need in Union City. We offer a variety of legal services—including a free case review—and can handle each aspect of your case while you recover.
You May Be Eligible for Two Types of Damages
For those whose injuries made it more difficult to earn a living or pay bills, economic damages are available. Common examples of economic damages include:
- Medical expenses, including the cost of treatment and for traveling to doctor’s appointments
- Lost income, including the wages and benefits you could not earn as you recovered from the accident
- Lost earning capacity, including the wages and benefits you will not be able to earn in the future because of permanent injuries
- Loss of employment, including the job you can never go back to or the fact that you are now unable to work at all
For those whose accident has affected their health and sense of wellbeing, non-economic damages are available. Common examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering, including the physical, mental, and emotional anguish that you would not have experienced if not for your accident
- Loss of consortium, including the emotional, sexual, and other aspects of your marriage that suffered because of your injuries
- Disability, including the temporary or permanent loss of use of any body part
- Disfigurement, including any significant scarring that causes you physical discomfort or psychological distress
How Much Money Can I Recover?
In one case, we recovered $62 million for a construction worker who was injured because he did not receive proper safety equipment. However, no case is typical. A construction accident lawyer from our firm can help you figure out what your case is worth.
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
Our Team of Attorneys Can Manage Your Case for You
If your accident occurred in Union City, New Jersey, Morelli Law Firm is here to help. With us on the job, you do not have to concern yourself with any legal task, big or small. We can handle these for you and help you make all legal decisions by advising you about your options.
Lawsuits involve a great deal of work and decision-making. The first thing we can help you with is determining if you have a viable case. A member of our team will evaluate your accident during one fast and free phone call. After that, we can:
- Guide you through the process: We always keep our clients informed and make sure they have all the information necessary to make solid legal decisions.
- Look for corroborating evidence: We will discuss the types of evidence we can use to support your case in the next section.
- Identify and communicate with the liable party: Even if you already know who is responsible for your accident, let your lawyer speak with them on your behalf and find evidence to confirm their identity.
- File paperwork: This could include sending notifications to the involved parties, preparing exhibits for trial, and more.
- Negotiate with the insurance company: We fight aggressively for every penny that our clients need and deserve.
- Take your case to court: Our lawyers thrive in such a high-stakes, high-pressure environment. They are more than willing to present your case before a judge and jury if necessary.
Union City Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me877-751-9800
How Much does an Attorney Cost?
Morelli Law Firm charges our clients a contingency fee. This means you will pay us nothing until we recover money for you. If we recover no compensation, you will not pay us at all.
Factors that May Affect Your Construction Accident Case
Per NJ Rev Stat §2A:14-2a, you have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit against the liable party. Do not worry if you are unsure who is the liable party in your case. We can help you identify and prove your case against:
- Your employer or the company you contract with
- Another employee
- The property owner
- An equipment manufacturer
We will Gather Evidence to Prove Your Case
Our job is to persuade an insurance company or a jury to pay what you need. To help with this, we will build the strongest possible case by gathering evidence that demonstrates:
- How the accident happened
- The liable party’s role
- The serious or even irreparable harm you experienced
There are many potential sources of evidence in construction accident cases. Those sources can include but are not limited to:
- Inspection reports: Construction sites in the state of New Jersey are subject to inspection. If the inspector finds a violation, they may halt construction until it is addressed, according to NJ Rev Stat §52:27D-132.
- Medical records: These documents will show that you went to a doctor or other medical professional to treat your injury, as well as any tests, prescriptions, or treatments your doctor prescribed.
- Witness testimony: We will talk to people who saw your accident or have knowledge of the environment in which you worked. If they took any photos or recordings of the accident, we can use them as evidence.
- Expert testimony: We can call in doctors and vocational experts to confirm that your injuries prevent you from working. Experts in the construction industry can also help us confirm that your workplace was unsafe.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form nowContact Us
Call an Attorney today for a Free Case Review
A construction accident lawyer from Morelli Law Firm wants to help you seek justice and appropriate compensation in Union City. Call us at (212) 751-9800, so we can assess your case at no cost or obligation to you. We never charge fees until you are awarded compensation.