According to the White Plains City Government, there are around 300,000 vehicles entering and leaving the downtown area on any given weekday. With such a high traffic volume, there is no room for drivers who choose to act aggressively on the roadways. Given that New York State law enforcement officials issued 10,952 tickets related to aggressive driving in 2019 alone, according to the annual report by the New York State Government, it is clear that these acts of reckless negligence are a near-constant threat to innocent drivers on the roadway.
If you have suffered injuries in an aggressive driving accident in any capacity, the White Plains aggressive driving accident lawyer at Morelli Law Firm will be happy to examine your case and see how we can fight to protect your right to compensation. Our firm proudly represents clients after they have fallen victim to negligent acts on our roadways. In doing so, we hope to make our community a safer place and get victims the care they need to start a new chapter in their life after such a traumatic event.
We treat every aggressive driving accident claim on a case by case basis, so we can better understand all the circumstances surrounding your legal needs. To learn more about your potential case, contact a representative with Morelli Law Firm today at (212) 751-9800 to receive your free consultation.
Examples of Aggressive Driving that May Be Actionable After an Accident
From the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA), aggressive driving is any behavior that places the driver, other drivers, or property in danger. As such, aggressive driving can take many forms and may be determined on a case by case basis based on the severity of the actions. Compared to road rage, which is a criminal offense, aggressive driving is a traffic violation. However, when victims suffer injuries during an accident caused by aggressive driving, they may be eligible for damages due to the other party’s negligence.
While proving liability in aggressive driving accidents may require further research into your case, which a White Plains aggressive driving accident lawyer will be glad to do for you if you retain their services, common examples can include, but may not be limited to:
- Speeding up instead of yielding
- Refusing to stop at red lights
- Failing to use proper turn signals when changing lanes
- Cutting in and out of traffic with disregard for the safety of others
- Following cars too closely on purpose or tailgating
- Stopping vehicles from properly maneuvering on the roadways, such as preventing them from changing lanes
- Slamming on your brakes to ward off other drivers
If you believe another driver acting aggressively caused your accident, the attorneys at Morelli Law Firm can fight to show the court who was liable. To learn more about how aggressive driving relates to the field of personal injury law, contact a team member with Morelli Law Firm today to receive your free consultation at (212) 751-9800.
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
Determining Potential Compensation for Your Injuries
Compensation awarded to victims of aggressive driving accidents can encompass your physical, mental, and financial suffering. If a potential settlement is not reached with the liable party before formal legal proceedings move forward, a court will be the determining factor when assigning a value to your case. Generally, the more severe your overall suffering, the more compensation you may need to remedy your damages.
For example, an accident victim who was paralyzed by their crash may reasonably need more damages than someone who broke their hand. Even so, every case brings its own unique mitigating factors that the court will weigh when making a judgment on any applicable compensation. If you retain the services of an aggressive driving accident lawyer, they will catalog your hardships, so they can assign an appropriate value to your case. This calculation is from gathering tangible documents that show any physical and financial hardships you have faced since the accident, as well as retaining the ability to call upon industry experts to testify to aspects of your non-economic suffering, so your lawyer can calculate these damages.
Examples of recoverable damages in aggressive driving accident cases may include:
- Physical damages to property and the cost of repairs
- Medical costs, including hospital stays and related rehabilitation services
- Lost wages due to injury, including the potential inability to work moving forward
- Loss of consortium, showing hardships faced in your familial relationships
- Transportation costs
- Physical handicaps faced by the victim and how they will affect their daily life, including their inability to perform tasks they once enjoyed
- Punitive damages meant to help prevent these accidents from occurring in the future
Aggressive Driving Accident Lawyers Seeking Justice for Victims and Their Families
Here at Morelli Law Firm, our attorneys take the time to address every client’s unique needs. We will research every aspect of your accident, so we can bring this information to court and hopefully get you the compensation you may rightfully deserve along the way. We understand the toll these needless accidents can have on victims. We will fully investigate your case so you can focus on making your recovery.
These investigation practices may include:
- Utilizing forensic and scientific analysis of the crash scene, including using accident reconstruction experts
- Gathering eyewitness accounts
- Examining medical documents
- Pulling cell phone records from the time of the accident
- Researching police documentation of the scene
- Checking for any video surveillance of the crash
For more information on what a White Plains aggressive driving accident lawyer may be able to do for your case, contact Morelli Law Firm today for your free consultation with a team member at (212) 751-9800.