Accidents involving construction trucks can be devastating due to their massive size. Injured victims often face exorbitant medical bills, emotional distress, and a painful recovery. Our Long Beach construction truck accident lawyers are here to help if you’ve been involved in a construction truck accident in this area.
At Morelli Law, we understand the causes of these incidents and the liability issues involved. After a life-altering accident, we can protect your rights and pursue financial compensation on your behalf. Let our experienced Long Beach truck accident lawyers guide you through the legal process and help you obtain a fair settlement or court award.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Types of Construction Truck Accidents in Long Beach
Construction truck accidents are unfortunately common in Long Beach. These incidents can range from collisions with other vehicles on the road or jobsite to accidents involving pedestrians or cyclists.
Overturns and Spills
One common type of construction truck accident is when a truck overturns while carrying a heavy load. This can happen if the load is not properly secured or if the driver takes a turn too quickly. Spills can also happen in these situations, potentially causing property damage and injuries.
Another type of accident occurs when a construction truck hits a stationary object or another vehicle. This can occur if the driver does not have a clear line of sight or is not paying attention to their surroundings.
Additionally, there are accidents where construction trucks collide with each other while working on a construction site. These accidents can happen if there is a lack of communication or if proper safety protocols are not followed.
It is important for trucking and construction companies and their drivers to be aware of potential risks and take the necessary precautions to prevent them.
Understanding Liability in Construction Truck Incidents
When liability questions arise after a construction truck accident, it’s important to understand your legal rights and responsibilities. It also helps to know who may be responsible for the accident and what steps to take to protect yourself legally.
Here are some key points to consider:
- Negligence: If someone’s careless actions or failure to adhere to safety regulations led to the accident, they may be liable.
- Employer liability: Construction companies can be held responsible for the actions of their employees while on the job.
- Vehicle maintenance: The truck’s owner or operator may be liable if a mechanical issue or lack of proper maintenance leads to an accident.
- Governmental entities: A governmental agency might be responsible if the accident happened on a construction site under their control.
Understanding these factors can help you navigate the legal process and ensure your rights are protected.
Long Beach Construction Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Steps to Take After a Construction Truck Accident in Long Beach
After a construction truck accident, you should immediately contact the local authorities to report the incident and seek medical attention for any injuries. It is crucial to notify the authorities, as they can document the incident and ensure that proper investigations are conducted.
Additionally, seeking medical attention is vital to addressing any injuries you or your passengers sustained during the accident. Even if the injuries initially seem minor, they could worsen over time. By seeking medical help, you can ensure your well-being and protect your legal rights.
Documenting your injuries through medical records can be beneficial if you decide to pursue an insurance settlement or take legal action.
Common Injuries Sustained in Construction Truck Accidents
As a construction truck accident victim, you may sustain injuries such as broken bones, head trauma, or spinal cord damage. These injuries have long-lasting effects on your health and well-being.
Here are four common injuries that can result from a construction truck accident:
- Soft tissue injuries: Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries are common in construction truck accidents. These injuries can cause pain and limited mobility and require ongoing medical treatment.
- Broken bones: The impact of a collision with a truck can cause fractures or breaks, leading to pain, immobility, and the need for extensive medical treatment.
- Head trauma: In a motor vehicle accident, your head is vulnerable to severe injuries, including concussions, traumatic brain injuries, and skull fractures. These injuries can result in cognitive impairments, memory loss, and other long-term complications.
- Spinal cord damage: The force of a collision can cause injury to your spinal cord, resulting in complete or partial paralysis, loss of sensation, or motor function impairments.
- Fatal injuries: Many construction truck accident victims tragically succumb to their injuries.
If you have experienced any of these injuries or lost a loved one in a fatal accident, a qualified personal injury attorney can protect your rights and pursue the maximum compensation available in your case.
How a Long Beach Attorney Can Help You
Hiring a skilled attorney can greatly assist you in navigating the complexities of a construction truck accident case. When you’re involved in such an accident, it’s important to have someone on your side who understands the legal process and can advocate for your rights.
A Long Beach construction truck accident lawyer can provide you with the expertise and guidance you need during this difficult time.
Accident Investigation and Case Building
One of the ways a lawyer can help you is by investigating the incident. They will gather evidence, interview witnesses, and analyze the details to determine liability. An experienced attorney from our firm can build a strong case for financial compensation.
Representation During Insurance Negotiations and Litigation
Your lawyer will also handle all the legal paperwork and negotiations with insurance companies. Whether through an insurance settlement or jury verdict, an attorney from Morelli Law will fight for fair compensation for your injuries, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Contact a Construction Truck Accident Lawyer in Long Beach, NY
If you’ve been involved in a construction truck accident in Long Beach, taking immediate action is crucial. New York has a statute of limitations for personal injury claims, and insurance companies have their own deadlines.
Working with a skilled Long Beach construction truck accident lawyer will ensure the necessary paperwork is filed on time. It could also make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. Don’t settle with an insurance company for less than your claim is worth! The team at Morelli Law is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation.