Collisions involving trucks are distinct from those involving other vehicles. Semi-truck accidents tend to result in more serious injuries and higher damages. Further, the insurers and policies for trucking companies differ from auto policies.
You require an aggressive truck accident lawyer who is equipped to take on large corporations and is aware of the difficulties involved.
The best approach to protect your rights and obtain evidence quickly is to consult with a big rig truck accident attorney in Long Beach. Morelli Law‘s personal injury attorneys can stand up for your rights after a car accident with a big rig in Long Beach, NY, helping you seek the compensation you need.
Why Do I Need a Long Beach Big Rig Accident Lawyer?
This is a reasonable question – after all, in the case of many car accidents, you may not need a lawyer. But an accident with a big rig is more complicated for several reasons.
- You’re dealing with not just the driver but also the driver’s employer and the insurance company.
- Your injuries are likely to be more severe due to the size of big rigs.
- The settlement offer from the insurance company is likely to be far too low to cover all of your bills.
An experienced big rig accident attorney in Long Beach, NY, knows exactly how to deal with these situations. They know the typical lowball offer from an insurance company and how much they can typically raise these offers (or win if the case goes to court). They also know how to build an effective case.
And because we know that you are dealing with many bills, at Morelli Law, we won’t charge you any up-front fees. We only collect a fee if you win your case. So you can rest easy and focus on your recovery while we roll up our sleeves and get to work for you.
Typical Big Rig Accident Injuries
The average weight of a fully loaded semi is about 80,000 pounds. That’s 20 times heavier than a typical passenger vehicle. When these two vehicles collide, it’s definitely common for the occupants of the passenger vehicle to have severe or life-threatening injuries.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Broken bones
- Deep cuts and lacerations
- Injuries to the brain and spinal cord
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Limb loss, amputation
Some of these problems may not become apparent until weeks or even months later. That’s why you shouldn’t take the first settlement offer. You can get the legal counsel you need by consulting with a Long Beach big rig accident lawyer right away.
Long Beach Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
How Much Will I Win an Accident Involving a Big Rig in Long Beach?
The truth is, no one can guarantee you an amount or even a win in court because every case is different. Factors like the severity of your injury or the negligence of the big rig company will greatly impact your compensation.
The only way to get an accurate estimation of the compensation that you should pursue is by consulting with a personal injury attorney.
A big rig accident lawyer in Long Beach, NY, knows what kind of compensation courts will typically award based on the facts of your case and can work with you to ensure you are made whole. That includes the following:
- Costs related to healthcare: Medical damages encompass everything associated to the injury, including but not limited to: treatment, hospitalization, medication, physical therapy, medical equipment, transport to doctor appointments, and more
- Price of future medical care: If you need ongoing treatment, rehabilitation, or assistance at home, or if you’re at risk for issues down the road, those costs will be factored into the compensation you receive
- Pain and suffering: Despite its subjectivity, this is typically the greatest component of a damages package. Mental and emotional trauma and anguish
- Property damage: The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and personal belongings that were damaged in the crash. Things like clothing, laptops, and cell phones might be included here.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim for a Big Rig Accident in Long Beach, NY?
You have a limited time to initiate a lawsuit if you’ve been hurt due to someone else’s negligence or wronged in some way. The statute of limitations is a time frame that significantly affects when, or even whether, you can bring legal action against a person.
Personal injury lawsuits in New York have a 3-year statute of limitations beginning on the date the accident occurred or the date the injury was diagnosed. This law is defined in the New York State legislative code, CVP § 214.
There is a three-year limit on filing personal injury lawsuits from the day the victim realized they were hurt, so if you wait longer than that to do so, the court will likely dismiss your case.
Learn More About Maximizing Your Compensation With a Long Beach Big Rig Accident Law Firm
Truck accident cases are complex, so it’s not a good idea to take on a difficult case like this alone. It is critical that you be paid every dime you are owed to ensure you can fully recover without being saddled with debt and bills you can’t pay.
If we take your case, we will get to work collecting evidence and building a case. We’ll stay on top of paperwork and make sure deadlines are met. We’ll figure out exactly how much compensation you need to be made whole. We will not back down from a fight in court if need be.
With our contingency fee setup at Morelli Law, you don’t owe anything upfront and can focus on recovering while we work on the case. Contact us today for a free consultation.