Motorcycle accidents are frightening events. The shock of a sudden crash can leave you in a fog, wondering what to do next. You may be lucky enough to walk away from a crash, or you may leave the scene in an ambulance.
If you are concerned about who was to blame for your accident, or you are trying to determine your next move, we may be able to help. The Huntington motorcycle accident attorneys of Morelli Law have helped countless riders in the aftermath of bike crashes, and we’ve recovered substantial financial compensation on their behalf.
If you need help, put our experience to work for you. There’s no need to handle a motorcycle accident claim alone.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
When you are riding a motorcycle, your body isn’t protected as it might be in a car. Even when dressed out in full gear and a helmet, riders can sustain severe or catastrophic injuries.
Motorcycle riders are often exposed to blunt force trauma, road rash, and sudden impact when they are involved in accidents, so they frequently face multiple injuries. Many of the cases we represent involve one or more of the following:
- Bone fractures, skull fractures
- Facial injuries, broken teeth
- Permanent scarring, disfigurement
- Arm and hand injuries
- Hearing loss, vision impairment, blindness
- Lacerations, puncture wounds
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back, neck, or shoulder injury
- Leg and foot injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Ligament and tendon damage
- Burn injuries
Motorcycle accident injuries can leave you with lifelong consequences even if your injuries aren’t extreme. Lingering pain and limited mobility can also be long-term issues. A Huntington motorcycle accident lawyer can help you pursue the maximum financial compensation to cover your medical costs and the cost of future treatment.
Can Injuries From an Accident Show Up Later?
Sometimes injuries after a car accident or motorcycle crash can take hours or days to appear. It’s even possible that an injury can worsen over the course of several weeks before you realize you were hurt.
No matter how minor your motorcycle accident was, it’s important to have a medical examination to determine the extent of your injuries. After the adrenaline wears off, your body may be giving you signs that something is not quite right.
Delayed onset injuries can be extremely serious and require emergency intervention. Organ damage, internal bleeding, and even brain injuries may not be obvious at first, so do not hesitate to seek immediate medical attention even if you were able to walk away from the crash.
Huntington Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
What Are the Main Causes of Motorcycle Accidents In Huntington, NY?
Since most bikes have a smaller profile than a standard vehicle, they are generally harder to see. Many drivers simply don’t pay attention and fail to see the motorcyclists on the road. While driver distraction or inattention leads to many motorcycle crashes, there are several other common causes.
Cases we represent in motorcycle accident claims commonly involve:
- Drivers disobeying traffic signs and signals
- Manhole covers, obstacles in the road
- Driving under the influence DUI
- Failure to adjust speed in adverse conditions
- Distracted driver
- Speeding, either the biker or other motorists
- Taxi drivers making sudden moves to retrieve passengers
- Fatigued drivers
- Tailgating, reckless driving behaviors
- Unqualified or inexperienced drivers
When motorists are distracted and fail to observe their surroundings, they are putting lives at risk. A National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) study found a startling statistic. While only 3% of the vehicles on the road are motorcycles, they are involved in 14% of all traffic crash fatalities.
If you or a loved one were involved in a crash with another driver, it’s important to seek legal counsel from a Huntington motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. The cause of your crash may not be as obvious as you previously thought.
How Can A Lawyer Help Me After My Motorcycle Accident?
Personal injury lawyers understand the difficulty of getting insurance companies to pay out a claim after a motorcycle crash. You may find red tape, mountains of paperwork, ignored phone calls, low ball offers, and other such obstacles when dealing with the insurance company.
Insurance companies are businesses that are established to make a profit. They don’t have your best interests in mind and they will employ numerous tactics to avoid paying you what you deserve. A Huntington motorcycle accident lawyer can deal with the insurance company and negotiate on your behalf so you can get back to the business of healing.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Filing your insurance claims and legal documentation accurately to preserve your legal right to collect and avoid delays in the process
- Negotiating with the insurance companies and opposing counsel to recover your expenses
- Gathering evidence such as traffic camera footage, records of other drivers, witness testimony
- Finding and identifying all sources of liability with a comprehensive examination of the evidence
- Handling all communications and contacts with insurance adjusters, attorneys, and defendant representatives
- Answering all of your questions and advising you of case progress
- Building your case and pursuing the matter in court
Our attorneys are litigators. They are at home in a courtroom and will not hesitate to pursue your claim through legal action when negotiations don’t yield a sufficient settlement.
Contact a Huntington Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Morelli Law Firm’s attorneys have built their reputation on their commitment to getting justice for injury victims. The aggressive representation we provide has resulted in the recovery of over $10 billion on behalf of our clients, and we may be able to help you.
If you want to learn more about how we may be able to build your case, contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation