FedEx drivers help people get their shipments and online orders delivered to their doorsteps. However, when commercial truck operators choose to drive distractedly or are pressured into driving without taking a break, serious collisions and injuries can ensue.
If you’ve been hit by a FedEx truck because of driver negligence, Morelli Law Firm can help you pursue compensation for your injury, vehicle damage, and other expenses. Our FedEx truck accident attorneys in Jersey City have filed successful claims against the shipping company before. They’ll leverage their experience to help you obtain a high-value settlement.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Jersey City Have With FedEx Cases
Taking legal action against an employee of a large corporation like FedEx can be an incredibly difficult task. FedEx has access to the best attorneys and insurance providers, so negotiating a claim with their adjusters or filing a lawsuit against them isn’t something you’d want to do on your own.
In fact, going up against a powerful company like FedEx requires the assistance of an attorney who has done so many times before. At Morelli Law, our Jersey City FedEx truck accident attorneys have held FedEx drivers responsible for their negligence and secured impressive settlements for injured clients.
If you want to maximize your chances of receiving ample compensation, you’ll want to hire a lawyer from our team. They’ll use the skills and legal knowledge they’ve gained by taking action against FedEx to aid in reaching a favorable outcome. If you’re not convinced that we have what it takes to hold FedEx liable, take a look at some of our past case results.
Common FedEx Truck Accident Injuries
Over the years, our lawyers have represented commercial truck accident victims with a number of different injuries. They’re closely familiar with the treatment expenses and assistive services one might need after a serious truck collision.
They’ll get you the compensation you need to make a complete recovery from any of the following FedEx truck accident injuries:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
- Cuts, lacerations, and bruises
- Internal injury
- Seat belt injury
Auto collision survivors suffering from one or more of the injuries mentioned above can contact our firm for expert legal counsel. Our lawyers will refer to your medical records and bills to get you the payment you need to avoid debt.
Jersey City FedEx Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Average Settlement for a FedEx Truck Accident Claim In Jersey City
When it comes to FedEx truck accident claims, there isn’t an “average settlement,” as each collision affects survivors differently. To calculate your unique settlement value, your Jersey City FedEx truck accident attorney will refer to the medical and vehicle repair bills you’ve received after your crash.
They’ll also assign a monetary value to your non-economic damages, such as mental distress and physical pain. Once they’ve determined how much you’re owed for your economic and non-economic losses, they’ll add the values together to find how much you ought to receive overall.
Here are some of the damages you might receive from your truck collision settlement:
- Medical bills: These damages can cover the appointments, hospital visits, medications, surgeries, and other procedures you need to treat your injuries.
- Vehicle repair: Your truck accident attorney will obtain the compensation you need to get your car fixed and back on the road.
- Lost wages: Truck accident survivors usually have to take time off from their jobs to heal and attend medical appointments. These damages can compensate for the wages you lose while taking off from work.
- Decreased earning ability: Some injuries can leave you unable to work and earn money for years. If your injuries lower your earning ability, these damages can help you make ends meet.
- Pain and suffering: Many truck accident victims are forced to live with chronic pain and physical discomfort for months and years after their collision. If that’s the case for you, your lawyer can add these damages to your insurance claim.
- Mental distress: High-speed collisions and truck crashes can leave survivors traumatized and likely to develop anxiety or PTSD. If you’ve experienced mental distress after a FedEx truck accident in Jersey City, a lawyer can request these damages.
- Diminished quality of life: Unfortunately, many auto collision victims are left with injuries and conditions that permanently affect their quality of life. If your injuries are stopping you from enjoying life and pursuing your passions, you deserve to be compensated.
New Jersey’s Filing Deadline for FedEx Truck Accident Cases
Auto accident victims seeking financial compensation must abide by New Jersey’s statute of limitations. According to Revised Statute § 2A:14-2, you have two years from the date of your collision to file a lawsuit.
If you fail to take legal action within the state-imposed timeframe, you may be barred from pursuing financial remedies. However, there are exceptions to the filing deadline. If you believe your time to act has passed, there might still be hope for your case. A FedEx truck accident lawyer in Jersey City can ensure that you’re eligible to file a suit.
Expert Representation With No Upfront Or Out-of-Pocket Fees
Our team is proud to offer contingency-fee representation to clients injured in commercial truck accidents and other types of collision. If you’re not familiar with a contingency fee, it’s essentially a part of your settlement that your attorney will take instead of charging an out-of-pocket fee.
The truck accident attorneys at our firm won’t get paid unless they win your case. If your case is successful, they’ll take roughly one-third or 33% of the money you get from your settlement or jury award.
Schedule a Free FedEx Truck Accident Case Evaluation With a Lawyer in Jersey City
The team at Morelli Law Firm is prepared to take on your case and fight for the damages you need to get better and get your life back on track. To get started on your claim, contact a Jersey City FedEx truck accident lawyer from our firm.
We’ll schedule a free case evaluation to learn more about your crash and determine if you have the right to pursue legal action. If we think you have a shot at recovering compensation, we’ll get started on your case soon.