Suffering severe injuries in an 18-wheeler collision can make life seem bleak, but Morelli Law can offer the services you need to feel hope for the future. An 18-wheeler accident attorney in Hempstead from our firm can pursue the compensation you’re owed so that you can rest and recover.
Our truck accident attorneys have represented accident victims who’ve sustained a number of serious, permanent, and debilitating injuries. They’ve stood up against major trucking companies and smaller-scale operations. We have the skill and experience to help you take on the guilty party’s insurance company and win.
Common Causes of 18-Wheeler Truck Accidents in Hempstead, NY
Whenever you share the road with an 18-wheeler truck, you put your life in their hands. There’s no knowing whether a big rig operator is alert and attentive or distracted and fatigued. If you’ve fallen victim to a crash caused by a careless truck driver, a Hempstead 18-wheeler accident attorney can get to the bottom of the crash.
They’ll use proven investigation techniques to find out what caused the accident and obtain the evidence they need to file a claim. Common causes of commercial truck accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Aggressive driving
- Drunk driving
- Poor training
- Inefficient vehicle maintenance
- Improper cargo loading and balancing
- Defective breaks or faulty components
Our lawyers can also determine who is to blame for the collision. If we find that a large trucking company is at fault, we’ll be prepared to negotiate with their insurance company. Our team has successfully settled cases with FedEx, Walmart, and Amazon. That being said, other parties may bear blame, including:
- The driver
- The company that maintains the truck
- The cargo loading company
- Another driver
How Much Your Truck Accident Claim Is Worth
As your medical care and vehicle repair bills pile up, you might ask yourself, “how much is my accident claim worth?” Unfortunately, we can’t offer a precise estimate of how much you’ll receive until we’ve reviewed the specifics of your case.
However, we can provide you with information on the damages our truck accident lawyers have obtained for clients injured in similar situations. In past cases, our 18-wheeler accident attorneys in Hempstead, NY, have secured the following damages:
- Medical bills: Accident victims are often overwhelmed with bills for hospital stays, doctor’s appointments, prescription medications, expensive treatments, assistive devices, and physical therapy sessions. Luckily, these damages can cover any injury-related medical cost.
- Vehicle repair costs: Colliding with a large vehicle at highway speed is sure to cause considerable damage to your car. If you’ve had to pay for repairs or even a replacement vehicle, these damages can cover a portion of the bill.
- Lost wages: Whether you’ve suffered lacerations, broken bones, or a serious brain injury, you’ll probably have to take time off work to recover. If that’s the case, our 18-wheeler accident lawyers in Hempstead, NY, can secure compensation to make up for your missed paychecks.
- Decreased earning capacity: While some truck accident injuries are completely treatable, others may stay with you for the rest of your life and permanently affect your ability to earn money. A truck accident attorney can add these damages to your claim if your injuries are expected to lower your earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: Having to suffer from a painful and debilitating injury caused by another party is completely unfair. If your injuries are causing you to experience an unbearable amount of physical suffering, these damages can help you cope with the pain.
- Mental distress: A traumatic truck crash can profoundly affect your emotional well-being. If you’ve noticed symptoms of anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after your accident, tell your lawyer, and they’ll request compensation for your mental distress.
Hempstead 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Filing a Claim for a Fatal 18-Wheeler Accident in Hempstead, NY
Losing a loved one in a fatal truck accident can have a devastating effect on your life. If your spouse or a family member has passed away due to injuries sustained in an 18-wheeler collision, our hearts go out to you and your family. Dealing with such a loss can be incredibly saddening, frustrating, and financially stressful, but our team is here to help.
An 18-wheeler accident attorney in Hempstead, NY, can help you file a wrongful death claim. If your claim is successful, the settlement you receive can cover burial costs, funeral expenses, and any medical bills your loved one left behind.
You may also receive money for loss of financial support, loss of consortium, loss of services provided by the decedent, and mental anguish. Times like these can be tough, but our compassionate attorneys can help you obtain critical resources to make life a little easier.
Filing Deadline for Truck Accident Claims in New York
In New York, truck collision lawsuits must be filed in accordance with CPLR § 214. This statute of limitations gives you a three-year timespan to file a claim starting on the day of your accident. If you don’t file within the allotted amount of time, you probably won’t receive compensation for your losses.
If you need to file a wrongful death suit for the loss of a loved one, you’ll have to follow the requirements outlined in EPT § 5-4.1. This statute gives grieving family members two years from the day of the decedent’s passing to file a lawsuit.
If your time to file has expired, don’t give up hope! Reach out to a Hempstead attorney today to see if there’s another way you can pursue damages for your 18-wheeler accident injuries and losses. Our team will advise you on your options and help you take the course of action that’s right for you.
Reach Out to a Hempstead 18-Wheeler Collision Attorney Today
If you’ve been injured in a car accident with an 18-wheeler in Hempstead, NY, you’re probably experiencing a great deal of pain and feeling anxious about how you’ll afford to pay all your medical bills. Fortunately, the truck accident lawyers at Morelli Law can help you file a claim.
A Hempstead 18-wheeler accident lawyer from our firm can review your case via a free consultation. If they think you have a shot at winning damages, they’ll do their best to investigate the accident, identify the liable party, and negotiate a settlement with insurers. Contact us today to get started on your claim.