Amazon’s next-day and two-day shipping options are incredibly convenient, but they come at a price. The online retail giant’s speedy shipping service forces delivery workers to drive too fast and engage in reckless driving practices. If you’ve been hit by an amazon truck driver while walking, pulling out of a driveway, or driving, Morelli Law can help you file a claim.
Recovering from a serious auto collision injury can be a long and painful journey. Fortunately, our truck accident attorneys are here to make the process more comfortable and affordable. An Edwardsville Amazon truck accident lawyer from our firm can fight for a settlement that makes up for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain.
An Edwardsville Amazon Truck Accident Attorney Can Determine Liability
To get the compensation you need to recover from your injuries and financial losses, your attorney will have to know who to hold responsible for the accident. While you might assume that the truck driver is held liable in a collision, that’s not always the case.
There are several other parties that may be at fault for the crash. Your truck accident lawyer will collect evidence like traffic camera footage, witness testimony, accident reconstruction data, and police reports to identify the liable party. Potential liable parties include:
- The delivery driver: The driver can be held liable if they were distracted, intoxicated, or violating traffic laws during the time of the collision.
- The cargo loading company: Cargo must be balanced properly to prevent trucks from tipping over and causing an accident. If we find that the truck’s cargo was loaded improperly, we can file a claim against the company in charge of loading the truck.
- A truck part manufacturer: Every year, over 100,000 auto collisions occur due to faulty vehicle parts. Our Amazon truck accident lawyers in Edwardsville, IL, will work with auto engineering experts to find out if your crash was caused by a defective or poorly designed truck part.
- A maintenance company: Delivery trucks need routine maintenance to stay in good condition. If we find that the truck you collided with was poorly maintained, we can take action against the maintenance company responsible for inspecting and repairing it.
- Amazon: It’s widely known that Amazon overworks its employees to the point of exhaustion. If our investigators discover that your collision was caused by Amazon’s failure to foster a safe work environment, we’ll take it up with the retail giant’s insurers.
- Another driver: If another driver swerved into the delivery truck’s lane, causing it to collide with you, they can be held liable for the vehicle damage and bodily injury you’ve suffered.
Damages Your Edwardsville Truck Accident Lawyer Will Fight for
The purpose of filing a personal injury claim is to get compensation for the losses you’ve suffered due to the negligent actions of another person or organization. To determine which losses you’re eligible to receive compensation for, your attorney will discuss the financial and emotional impacts of the collision on your life.
Once an Amazon truck accident attorney from Edwardsville, IL, has identified all the effects that the accident has had on you, they’ll calculate how much your settlement should be worth. Then, they’ll bring your claim to the at-fault party’s insurance provider and demand that they provide you with the following damages:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Cost of prescription medication, rehabilitative therapy, and assistive devices
- Cost of hospital and doctor’s office transportation
- Wages lost due to your injury
- Decreased earning ability caused by a debilitating condition
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
- Diminished quality of life
Edwardsville Amazon Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Filing a Claim for a Loved One’s Fatal Amazon Truck Accident
If your spouse or loved one has passed away due to severe injuries sustained in an Amazon truck accident, an Edwardsville attorney can help you file a wrongful death action. Such a claim can give you the financial buffer you need to support yourself through this tragic time and help you cover expenses related to your loved one’s passing.
If your wrongful death claim is successful, you’ll receive reimbursement for your loved one’s end-of-life medical care, compensation to help you cover their funeral and burial expenses, and damages to help you cope with your loss of consortium and mental distress.
If you depended on the decedent’s income to pay your rent and afford basic necessities, you might also receive compensation for loss of income. We understand that this is an extremely difficult and emotional time for you and your family. Our Amazon truck accident attorneys in Edwardsville, IL, will do everything they can to obtain the settlement you deserve.
Statute of Limitations for Amazon Truck Collisions in Illinois
If you’ve been injured in a car accident with an Amazon truck in Edwardsville, IL, you might be wondering how long you have to file a claim for compensation. According to ILCS § 5/13-202, Illinois’ statute of limitations allows truck accident victims two years from the day of their collision to take legal action.
An Amazon truck accident attorney from Morelli Law can offer further insight into the state’s filing deadline and make sure your suit is submitted before the two-year due date. If You’ve put off hiring a lawyer for too long and your deadline has passed, contact us ASAP. We can help you explore a different path to a settlement.
Get in Touch With an Experienced Lawyer Today
At Morelli Law, our truck accident attorneys have won cases against some of the most well-known and well-protected delivery companies in the country, including FedEx, UPS, and Walmart. We have the experience you need to obtain compensation for all of your accident-related losses.
Contact an Edwardsville Amazon truck accident lawyer today to get started on your case. They’ll provide a free consultation and ask questions about your collision to determine if you can file a claim. If they decide to help you, they’ll use their expertise and years of relevant experience to push for a favorable outcome.