Scaffolding accidents can leave victims with severe injuries and a long, expensive road to recovery. If you’ve been injured in a construction accident caused by unstable scaffolding or another safety issue, it’s in your best interest to seek compensation through a claim or lawsuit.
A Passaic scaffold accident lawyer from Morelli Law can assess your situation and determine if filing a workers’ compensation claim or a lawsuit is right for you. Then, they’ll take the actions necessary to recover maximum compensation on your behalf.
How a Scaffold Accident Lawyer in Passaic, NJ, Can Help You
A scaffolding injury lawyer can perform a number of legal services to get you the compensation you need to recover from a bad scaffold accident injury. Here’s what an attorney can do to ensure your case is successful:
- Calculate your losses: Your attorney will use copies of your medical bills, past paychecks, and other invoices related to your accident to determine how much your case is worth. Once they know how much you’re owed, they’ll be able to effectively negotiate with insurers or represent your best interests in the courtroom.
- File a workers’ compensation claim: The majority of employers in New Jersey are required by law to carry workers’ comp insurance. If your employer has insurance, an attorney can file a claim with their provider and request compensation for your medical expenses and other losses.
- Appeal a denied claim: Sometimes, insurance claims are initially denied. If that happens to you, our Passaic scaffold accident lawyer can file an appeal with the insurance provider.
- Sue your employer: Depending on your situation, it might be smart for you to file a personal injury lawsuit in addition to or instead of a workers’ comp claim. You may be eligible to file a suit against your employer if they caused your scaffold accident on purpose or if they don’t carry workers’ comp insurance.
- Sue a third party: You may be eligible to sue a third party, such as a contractor or work site manager, if they caused your scaffold accident by neglecting safety rules or failing to have a “competent person” on the site to identify safety hazards.
- Represent you in court: If your attorney advises you to file a lawsuit against your employer or a third party, they’ll represent you in court and do their best to convince the jury to award a fair payment.
What You Should Do After a Scaffold Accident
If you’ve been in a construction or scaffold accident, there are a few things you can do to help your attorney file a successful claim and improve your chances of receiving damages. Make sure to take the following steps in the days following your incident:
Notify Your Employer
Telling your employer about your accident ASAP will ensure that your workers’ comp claim isn’t rejected. That’s because New Jersey law requires injured workers’ comp claimants to notify their employer no later than 90 days after the incident. Failure to abide by this rule could stop you from getting the insurance payment you deserve.
Seek Medical Attention
You’ll also want to seek medical attention as soon after your accident as possible. Waiting to get treatment isn’t only bad for your health; it’s also bad for your claim. That’s because insurers are usually suspicious of claimants who wait weeks to receive medical care.
When you get checked out by a doctor, make sure they’re one of the insurance company’s approved providers. Getting treated by an unapproved provider could make it impossible for you to get the insurance money you need to pay your medical bills.
Hire a Lawyer
Once you’ve been treated for your injuries and told your employer about your incident, contact a scaffold accident attorney in Passaic, NJ, ASAP. Getting in touch with a lawyer soon after your accident will help you get your compensation promptly and ensure that your personal injury lawsuit is filed on time.
Passaic Scaffold Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Time Limit for Scaffold Accident Injury Lawsuits in New Jersey
When filing a scaffold accident injury lawsuit, you must follow New Jersey’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases. According to the statute, which can be found in N.J. Stat. §2A:14-2, you have two years from the date of your incident to submit a civil suit.
Failure to file a lawsuit against your employer or a third party in the two-year timeframe could lead to your case getting thrown out, which would leave you without the money you need to pay your bills and make up for employment-related losses.
Hiring a scaffold accident lawyer from our team in Passaic soon will give you an excellent chance at getting your suit filed on time. Our attorneys are closely familiar with the deadlines and requirements that apply to your case and will make sure to abide by them.
What to Do if You’ve Lost a Loved One in a Scaffold Accident
Sadly, scaffolding collapses and other serious incidents can sometimes cause fatal injuries. If your loved one has succumbed to injuries sustained in such an accident, you deserve to receive financial support to help you cope with your loss.
The Passaic scaffold accident attorneys from Morelli Law can meet with you to discuss your loss and determine if you’re eligible to file a claim for death benefits or a wrongful death suit. Depending on the course of action you take, you could receive compensation for the following:
- Loss of financial support
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Our Firm Has What It Takes to Win Your Scaffold Accident Case
The team at Morelli Law has obtained countless positive case results for injured workers in New Jersey, including a $1.6 million settlement for an electrician who was injured in a scaffolding incident. We know how to approach a scaffolding accident case, and we have the experience to get you the results you need.
Our firm has also received an overwhelming amount of positive feedback from folks just like yourself. To see what our past clients have to say about our effective legal services, visit our testimonials page. Once you’ve taken a look at the stories from our past clients, you’ll realize why we’re the right law firm for your case.
Contact an Experienced Scaffolding Injury Attorney Today
Recovering from a bad workplace injury can be difficult, but the money you could get from a claim or lawsuit can make the process much easier. The sooner you reach out to a skilled lawyer from Morelli Law, the sooner you’ll get the damages you need to cover your accident-related expenses and return to your normal life.
Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation with a Passaic scaffold accident lawyer. They’ll meet with you to discuss the details of your scaffolding accident and explore the legal options available to you. If they agree to take on your case, they’ll work hard to get the results you’re looking for.