Operating your own business comes with its many high points and rewards. Knowing that you are in charge of your own operation is a thrill. It takes a lot of hard work and perseverance to achieve the goal of business ownership, and when you do, you do not want to suffer any setbacks.
That is why it is crucial to protect yourself from any business disputes that may arise. If you are currently dealing with any issues involving a commercial dispute, then a New Rochelle commercial litigation lawyer at Morelli Law Firm might be able to help you.
At Morelli Law Firm, we will provide you with a free assessment to determine the nature of your case. We will also go over your options, so you know what to expect. You can have peace of mind with the right legal team on your side.
Our team is ready to get to work, ensuring you find a satisfactory resolution to your dispute.
We will look at every aspect of the case to find out which strategy to employ to make sure we get favorable results. Get in touch with Morelli Law Firm to help resolve disputes you are facing. We will provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation. Contact us today by calling (212) 751-9800.
Commercial Litigation Cases
Commercial litigation cases always revolve around business disputes. They often involve B2B players. However, they can involve employees or consumers as well, such as in product liability or harassment cases. Some types of commercial litigation cases you may be familiar with include:
- Partnership disputes: When people go into business together, there might be a dispute about particulars concerning the business. When there are disagreements about operations and one person takes things in a different direction, sometimes the only way to get it resolved is through the courts.
- Intellectual property disputes: If you own the intellectual rights to something, then you have the right to allow or not allow someone else to use it. If anyone violates that right, you can file a claim against them.
- Breach of contract: Whether it is a written or verbal contract, it could be binding. If one party fails to hold up their part of the bargain, you could have cause for a suit of action.
- Employee disputes: Some employers have a dispute with an employee due to something like a non-disclosure agreement. However, employees may also have a dispute with their place of business for harassment, early termination, or hazardous working conditions.
Whatever the case is, it might help you to have a commercial litigation lawyer from Morelli Law Firm working beside you.
Building a Legal Case
Your commercial litigation lawyer will gather the evidence together to build a case on your behalf. They will follow the proper protocol to prove the case and secure a fair settlement in the case. This means proving that, more likely than not, the other party is at fault.
They will do this by gathering evidence such as transcripts, contracts, witness statements, transactions, and more to show that you deserve compensation for the way another party treated you or your business.
Then, they will negotiate with the guilty party to try to settle outside of court. Sometimes, however, the other party might not negotiate in good faith. In these cases, your commercial litigation lawyer will get your case ready to argue at a trial.
New Rochelle Commercial Litigation Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
What damages can you recover in a commercial litigation case? That all depends on the exact nature of the case. Some potentially recoverable damages include:
- Financial losses
- Incidental damages
- Punitive damages
The Morelli Law Firm team might be able to file a claim for you to receive the appropriate damages. Call our office today to speak with a member of our team at (212) 751-9800 for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Statute of Limitations in New York
You can file a claim for breach of contract, fraud, debt collection, or any other business dispute you are experiencing in New York. There is a statute of limitations, depending on which litigation issue fits your case. For breach of contract, New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §213 states that you have up to six years to file a case. The same is said for cases involving fraud.
For other litigation disputes, there are different limitations, according to the New York State Unified Court System. Check with your attorney for exact details. You can be sure your New Rochelle commercial litigation lawyer will handle your case as quickly and accurately as possible.
When hiring a lawyer, you will not have to be concerned about dealing with all the jobs involved in filing your claim. You can count on the attorney to manage everything with ease, allowing you to move forward with your business. The tasks your attorney will manage include:
- Providing a free case assessment
- Preparing necessary motions for the court
- Formulating responses to the other party’s motions or counter-motions
- Preparing information for the other party during discovery
- Gathering documents for evidence in the case
- Planning a strategy
- Negotiating with the other party’s lawyers
- Presenting the case in court if needed
Hire a New Rochelle Commercial Litigation Lawyer
Reach out to us today to see how a commercial litigation lawyer at Morelli Law Firm can help you. An attorney is standing by, ready to discuss your case with you free of charge. You can trust the group at Morelli Law Firm to manage your case with diligence and integrity.
Do not delay in contacting a litigation attorney to help you resolve your issue. Get in touch with Morelli Law Firm today by calling (212) 751-9800. We will provide you with a no-obligation case consultation.