Forklifts are dangerous pieces of machinery, and accidents can leave victims with catastrophic injuries, long-term health complications, and financial consequences. If you suffered a forklift accident in Englewood, it’s important to understand your legal rights and options for seeking compensation.
An experienced Englewood forklift accident lawyer can help you take key steps after an accident. They can also study your case to tell you what compensation you may be entitled to and how to navigate the legal process.
Steps to Take Immediately After a Forklift Accident in Englewood
The first and most important step after a forklift accident is to seek medical attention for any injuries you may have sustained. Even if your injuries seem minor or you feel fine, getting a full medical evaluation is important to avoid any underlying or hidden injuries.
Another important step is documenting the accident and gathering any evidence you can. That can include taking photos of the accident scene and your injuries with your cell phone or recording any damage to the forklift or other equipment. Your forklift accident attorney can also use contact information from any witnesses to contact them and get a statement.
It’s important to report the accident to your employer immediately, particularly if they have Workers’ Compensation coverage. Your employer will also investigate the accident and document their findings.
Compensation You May Be Entitled to After a Forklift Accident
Victims of a forklift accident in Englewood may be entitled to pursue damages for a variety of injuries, such as:
- Medical expenses: Any costs related to your medical treatment, hospital bills, surgeries, physical therapy, and more.
- Lost wages: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages or income.
- Pain and suffering: The physical and emotional trauma you’ve experienced due to the accident can affect your mental health and cause chronic pain, anxiety, and depression.
- Property damage: The accident affected your phone, clothes, equipment, etc.
Englewood Forklift Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
The Benefits of Hiring an Experienced Englewood Forklift Accident Lawyer
A forklift accident can affect victims in many ways. But, unfortunately, it can also be overwhelming and confusing, particularly for those who have never faced the Englewood legal system. And that is an excellent reason to talk to an experienced forklift accident lawyer after an accident.
A lawyer can guide you through the complexities of a legal claim and help you understand your rights and options. Gathering evidence, negotiating with insurance companies, and representing you in court—if necessary—are some of the benefits of having legal representation. But the most important part is an attorney can help you get the fair compensation you deserve and protect your rights.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Pursuing a Forklift Accident Claim in Englewood
Sadly, victims of forklift accidents often make mistakes while pursuing damages, which can sometimes come with a cost. These mistakes include:
- Failing to seek medical attention or document the accident properly: Insurance companies dismissed cases when victims did not get medical attention because—they argue—that indicates your injuries were not severe.
- Waiting too long to file a claim: According to New Jersey’s statute of limitations, victims have two years from the date of the injury to file a claim.
- Failing to hire a forklift accident lawyer: A lawyer can help victims avoid mistakes and file documents and evidence quickly.
- Accepting a low settlement offer: Insurance companies constantly try to close cases with the least money amount they can. And those damages may not be enough to cover your full recovery.
- Posting the accident on social media: Unscrupulous insurance companies use every tool to prove victims wrong, including pictures and status updates from your social media accounts.
- Giving recorded statements: Talk to your lawyer first after an accident. Insurance companies can use your statements against you later, so if they ask for them, gently decline and refer them to your lawyer.
How Long Does it Take to Resolve a Forklift Accident Case in Englewood?
Every accident is different, and how much it takes to resolve a forklift case depends on various factors, such as who is liable, the complexity of the case, and how severe the victim’s injuries are. On top of that, it may be difficult to negotiate with some insurance companies.
Some forklift accident cases can get solved relatively quickly through a financial agreement with the insurance company. However, cases that go to court tend to take significantly longer. Another thing to consider is how many liable parties were involved in the forklift accident.
How an Englewood Forklift Accident Lawyer Will Help
An experienced Englewood forklift accident lawyer can make the difference between getting damages and falling into debt, and the reasons are plenty, such as:
- Experience in the legal system: A forklift accident lawyer is familiar with laws and procedures related to forklift accidents and can make the legal process less stressful for the victims.
- Negotiation skills: Your attorney can negotiate with insurance companies and other liable parties on your behalf.
- Legal resources: An experienced law firm can bring experts, investigators, and other resources to strengthen your case.
- Less stress: Filing a claim for a forklift accident can be stressful and overwhelming for an injured victim. Still, an attorney can handle every legal aspect of your case so that you can focus on your recovery.
Hiring a Forklift Accident Attorney in Englewood, NJ
When looking for a forklift accident lawyer in Englewood, there are some key factors to consider. First, looking for a lawyer with experience handling forklift accident cases is wise. Your attorney’s record of success is another key element to consider.
If you’ve been involved in a forklift accident or lost a loved one due to one in Englewood, it’s important to understand your legal rights and options for seeking compensation. Contact one of our experienced Forklift accident professionals, who can answer your questions on a first consultation completely free of charge.