Forklift accidents can be devastating. Accident victims often face severe injuries, expensive medical bills, and lost wages. If you or a loved one have been injured in a forklift accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages.
However, proving liability can be a complicated process. Our Bronx forklift accident attorneys can answer all your questions and help you find the shortest route to financial recovery after an accident.
Steps to Take After a Forklift Accident in the Bronx
Forklift accidents are common in construction sites, warehouses, and manufacturing facilities. And there are certain steps accident victims can take to protect their legal rights and receive the compensation they need to take care of their condition.
The most important step to take after a forklift accident is seeking medical attention, even if you feel fine or have no obvious injuries. That is because some injuries can take days or even weeks to appear.
Another crucial step is to report the accident to your employer as soon as possible. The site manager or general contractor should also acknowledge accidents on construction sites. Remember, contacting a forklift accident attorney in the Bronx can dramatically increase your chances of getting compensation.
Common Injuries in Bronx Forklift Accidents
Forklift accidents can cause various injuries, from cuts and bruises to catastrophic injuries. Some of the most common injuries in forklift accidents are:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Back injuries
- Crush injuries
Many other injuries can occur as a consequence of a forklift accident. And if your injury is not on the list, it is a good idea to talk to your attorney. It is possible you still have the right to claim damages.
Bronx Forklift Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
The Role of a Forklift Accident Lawyer in the Bronx
Your attorney needs to determine who’s liable after a forklift accident. In other words, they must prove someone else’s recklessness or negligence caused the accident. That may include the forklift operator, your employer, or even a third party.
Your lawyer must gather evidence and build a strong case to prove liability. They will use witness testimony, accident reconstructions, maintenance and inspection records, and video surveillance footage.
An experienced legal professional will use any medical records or hospital bills to demonstrate how severe your injuries are and how they will affect your family, work, and personal life.
Factors That Determine Compensation for Bronx Forklift Accident Victims
You might be entitled to compensation for your damages if you were injured in a forklift accident. However, in the Bronx, the amount of compensation will depend on many factors, including:
- Injuries. The more severe your injuries, the higher the compensation you are likely to get. That is because compensation should cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and non-economic damages.
- Financial losses. Forklift accident injuries can prevent you from going back to your job. In those cases, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages and reduced earning potential.
- Negligence. If the responsible party was particularly negligent or reckless, you might be entitled to punitive and compensatory damages. However, that is a decision only a judge or jury can take.
- Your legal representative. Our attorneys can build a solid case for you to receive a higher settlement arrangement or compensatory damages.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bronx Forklift Accidents
An accident can leave you feeling lost. Here are some of the most common questions we get about forklift accidents in the Bronx:
What Should I Do After a Forklift Accident Injury in the Bronx?
The first step is seeking medical attention immediately. Then you should report the accident to your employer, gather evidence—if possible—and contact a forklift accident lawyer.
How Much Is My Forklift Accident Injury Worth?
The compensation you get will depend on many things, such as the severity of your injuries or your financial losses. Negligence also plays an important role.
When Must I File a Forklift Accident Claim in the Bronx?
New York statute of limitations gives injured parties three years from the accident date to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, this time frame can be affected by many factors. Your forklift accident attorney can give you an exact time.
What if the Forklift Accident Was Partially My Fault?
New York is a no-fault state, which means you may still be entitled to compensation even when you share liability for the accident. However, only your attorney can tell you if filing a claim is viable.
Do I Need a Forklift Accident Attorney?
Everyone is entitled to file a claim on their own. However, those who trust an attorney usually get greater compensatory damages. Working with a lawyer will also allow you to focus on your recovery while your case progresses.
Why Hire a Forklift Accident Attorney in the Bronx?
Hiring an experienced forklift accident lawyer can benefit the victims in many ways. An experienced forklift accident attorney can do more than handle the legal process. These are some of the benefits of having legal representation
- Legal experience. While filing a legal claim may be difficult for a victim with no previous experience in legal matters, an attorney is familiar with every aspect of the process. That is why they can help you navigate the legal system and protect your rights.
- Technical legal advice. A lawyer with experience handling forklift accidents in the Bronx will better understand the unique challenges a forklift claim represents.
- Access to resources. A legal firm can also put you in touch with medical and financial professionals that can work as qualified experts to strengthen your case. They can also conduct a private investigation to ensure your case is treated fairly.
- Negotiation skills. Getting the compensation you deserve depends on many factors, and sitting at the negotiation table with insurance companies is one of those. Your attorney has the experience and skills to seek the highest financial agreement possible.
Speak With a Forklift Accident Lawyer in the Bronx
Choosing a lawyer is an important decision since the results of your claim may affect your health and finances for the years to come. Medical treatment, rehabilitation therapy, and lost wages, among other expenses, can amount to a substantial debt.
If you lost someone due to a forklift accident or were injured at work by a negligent forklift operator, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact one of our forklift accident lawyers to find out your legal possibilities and receive the damages you deserve.