Cranes are essential machines in the construction industry but extremely hazardous in the wrong hands or in unstable environments. There are many parties involved with the operation of a crane so if an injury occurs, a complex investigation is launched to determine liability. If you were injured, you may need representation to ensure evidence is preserved.
The crane accident lawyers of Morelli Law in Englewood, New York, are here to advocate for you. Our firm has secured millions of dollars in personal injury cases throughout New York, assisting victims to recover with in-network medical care and skilled legal counsel. For our firm, no case is too big or too arduous to overcome.
If you or someone that you know has suffered a catastrophic injury from a crane incident, our legal office provides a free consultation to discuss your case. The sooner that you retain our services, the faster you can focus on recovery while we go to work for you. Read to learn more.
Actionable Tips to Maximize Your Crane Injury Settlement
Maybe you were at work, and a crane malfunctioned, or you were an innocent bystander that was in the wrong place at the wrong time when a crane collapsed. No matter the circumstances, your injury may qualify you for a lucrative settlement. For you to be eligible, there are a few actionable steps you can take to strengthen the value of your case:
- Document the accident. This can include a variety of documentation, such as video, audio, or pictures of the accident scene. It can also include injury or police reports, medical records, and witness statements. Anything that provides additional insight into the details of your accident to show that others were made aware and witnessed the injury is acceptable.
- Get treatment from a medical professional right away. Injury victims may wait to receive medical attention for a myriad of reasons, but waiting only hurts your personal injury claim. The faster that you visit a doctor to have your injuries documented, diagnosed, and treated, the stronger your injury claim will be.
- Speak to a lawyer. After speaking to the site manager, police, and a doctor about your injuries, a lawyer should be next. Our firm offers a no-risk, no-obligation consultation to provide you with strategic next steps and to estimate what your construction accident settlement could be. If you haven’t agreed to an offer from the insurance company or another law firm, we can help.
Identifying Responsibility in Your Crane Injury Case
Many factors can come into play with construction incidents like crane accidents. Our Englewood crane injury lawyers have seen it all. Sometimes it’s user error, while other times it’s due to things like inclement weather creating a hazardous environment. Identifying responsibility can be broken down into the following components:
Negligent behavior is at the root of what causes accidents. Failure to take reasonable care to promote safety or prevent an accident, whether intentional or not, must be proven to hold someone accountable. Negligent conduct can manifest itself in a lack of training, poor equipment maintenance, defective parts, or an incompatible workspace.
From those careless acts, a crane can turn over, cables may snap, or equipment may randomly drop items or operate defectively.
- Equipment Operator: It is the responsibility of the crane operator to handle the equipment with a high duty of care and to implement their training techniques while maneuvering the equipment. If the operator acts carelessly, is fatigued, is under the influence, or intentionally harms someone, they will be liable for damages.
- Construction Company: If the construction company fails to provide adequate training, hires inexperienced crane operators, or does not provide proper equipment or safety for the crane to be maneuvered appropriately, they can be sued.
- Site Owner: Poor planning for inclement weather, poor communication of environmental conditions, or a lack of monitoring can also cause crane accidents. Planning ahead and having clear communication will help avoid misunderstandings and guarantee that everyone participating in the crane operation is aware of their obligations.
- Crane Manufacturing Company: Under product liability laws, if a product is defective and harms someone, then the manufacturer can be sued for the losses.
- Repair team: Failing to maintain a crane places the lives of the operator and others in jeopardy. If routine maintenance was not done to preserve the structure and mobility of the crane, the maintenance crew can be sued for losses.
Englewood Crane Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
The Commonality of Crane Accidents, Injuries, and Fatalities
The construction industry has been identified by the Bureau of Labor Statistics as one of the most hazardous occupations, responsible for a wide range of serious injuries. While most injuries are the result of a slip and fall, equipment accidents are responsible for over 80 work deaths since 2019.
The most common types of crane accidents are tipping or overturning, contact with power lines, and workers being struck by falling objects. For those that have been injured by a crane in a construction zone, our construction accident attorneys in Englewood, NY, are readily available to assess your claim and estimate the worth of your case with you.
New York’s Settlement Factors and Deadlines
The state of New York has a restriction on how long a victim can have to file a personal injury claim for compensation like lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, property damage, and even wrongful death. While each case is different and may not need to be reimbursed for all of those components, the deadline to file a claim is three years from the date you were diagnosed.
The statute of limitations for wrongful death cases is two years from the date of the decedent’s passing. There are circumstances for both instances in which the deadline may be shortened or prolonged, but it is best to speak with an Englewood crane accident lawyer who also handles wrongful death litigation and can confirm your case’s exceptions.
Let Our Englewood Crane Accident Lawyers Simplify Your Recovery
Our crane injury lawyers in Englewood, NY, work to reduce your stress by conducting a claim investigation, negotiating with insurance companies to secure fair settlement offers, and helping you find qualified medical care.
At Morelli Law, we make recovering after an accident easier for you. Contact a member of our team if you are ready to pass on the legwork of your case and maximize the sum of your crane injury settlement.