Facing a UPS truck accident can profoundly disrupt your sense of safety, plunging you into a state of uncertainty about your next steps. The aftermath of such a harrowing incident is undeniably daunting, and comprehending your rights and potential courses of action is of paramount importance.
A legal representative can answer all your questions after a UPS truck accident and help you build a strong case to recover compensation for damages to cover all your expenses. But your Chicago truck accident lawyer can deal with the complicated legal system while you recover from your injuries.
Most Common Causes for UPS Truck Accidents
There are many common types of road accidents. Here are some prevalent causes of UPS truck accidents:
- Driver error. Including distracted driving, speeding, reckless maneuvers, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If the UPS truck driver’s negligence led to the accident and your injuries, you may be eligible for compensation.
- Driver fatigue. Truck drivers often work long hours to meet delivery deadlines, leading to driver fatigue. Fatigued drivers can have reduced reaction times and impaired judgment, significantly increasing the risk of accidents.
- Equipment failure. UPS trucks undergo significant wear and tear due to the volume of deliveries. Equipment failures, such as brake malfunctions or engine issues, can cause accidents.
- Improper loading or overloading. UPS trucks need to be loaded correctly to maintain balance and stability. Overloading or improper loading can affect the truck’s handling and lead to accidents.
- Failure to adhere to traffic rules. Disobeying traffic signals, failure to yield, improper lane changes, or other traffic violations can lead to UPS truck accidents. If the UPS truck driver’s failure to follow traffic rules caused your accident, you may be eligible for compensation.
Understanding the cause of your UPS truck accident is vital in determining liability and pursuing fair compensation. Consulting with an experienced accident attorney can provide valuable insights and guide you through the process of seeking the compensation you deserve.
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
Damages You Can Recover After a UPS Truck Accident
Understanding the damages you can recover after such an incident is essential in alleviating the overwhelming burden of medical bills and other expenses. Here are the types of damages you can seek to recover:
- Medical expenses. Injuries from a UPS or FedEx truck accident often require immediate medical attention. The medical expenses you can recover include ambulance costs, hospital stays, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, and any future medical care related to the accident.
- Lost wages and earning capacity. If your injuries caused you to miss work, you can seek compensation for the income you lost during your recovery. Additionally, if the injuries affect your ability to earn in the future, you can seek damages for the loss of earning capacity.
- Property damage. Damages to your vehicle and any personal belongings in the accident can be claimed.
- Pain and suffering. Physical injuries from a UPS truck accident can cause significant pain and suffering, affecting your overall quality of life. You may be eligible for compensation for the physical and emotional distress you endured.
- Emotional distress and mental anguish. The trauma of a UPS truck accident can have lasting emotional effects. Compensation can be sought for emotional distress and mental anguish experienced due to the accident.
- Wrongful death. If the accident caused the death of a victim, surviving family members can sue for wrongful death.
- Loss of consortium. If the accident has affected your relationship with your spouse, you may be eligible for damages related to the loss of companionship, support, and intimacy.
It’s important to consult with an experienced attorney specializing in UPS truck accidents to evaluate your case and ensure you seek the compensation you rightfully deserve. They can help you build a strong case and negotiate with insurance companies to achieve a fair settlement.
Chicago UPS Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me877-751-9800
Time Limit to File a Lawsuit for a UPS Truck Accident in Chicago
If you’ve been involved in a UPS truck accident in Chicago and are considering legal action, it’s crucial to understand the time limits within which you can file a lawsuit. This period, known as the statute of limitations, is essential to know as it can significantly impact your ability to seek compensation for your injuries and damages.
In Chicago and throughout Illinois, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims arising from a UPS truck accident is generally two years from the date of the accident. That means you have a two-year window to file a lawsuit against the liable parties. However, the statute of limitations for wrongful death in Illinois may be shorter.
Cost of Hiring a UPS Truck Accident Lawyer
The thought of hiring a UPS truck accident lawyer in Chicago may seem daunting, especially if you’re already dealing with the aftermath of an accident and the associated expenses. However, many reputable UPS truck accident lawyers in Chicago, including those at Morelli Law, operate on a contingency fee basis.
That means you do not need to make any upfront payments to retain their services. Instead, the attorney’s fees are contingent upon winning your case. In the event that your case is successful and you receive compensation, the attorney’s fees will be a percentage of the compensation you’re awarded. If, for any reason, your case does not result in compensation, you typically won’t owe the attorney any fees.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form nowContact Us
Talk to a UPS Truck Accident Lawyer in Chicago
The aftermath of a UPS truck accident may be complicated, particularly if you were injured in the incident. The challenges you face can be overwhelming—juggling medical treatments, coping with injuries, and handling potential financial strain. Understanding your rights and the legal recourse available is crucial during this trying time.
If you’ve been involved in a UPS truck accident, the first step is to consult an experienced truck accident lawyer. At Morelli Law in Chicago, we offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case. Contact us today and allow us to understand your situation and provide the guidance you need.