Following the traffic laws and taking the proper caution while driving is always a great idea and ideal to practice; however, with thousands of other drivers on the road, the risk of a truck accident is never zero. Truck accidents can occur on the street with garbage trucks, oversized trucks, and dump trucks.
The more severe types of truck accidents involve 18-wheelers and can commonly occur. If you have found yourself involved in a truck accident in Belleville, you may be able to file a claim against negligent parties. For more information about pursuing an 18-wheeler accident claim, continue reading.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
The injuries sustained can be serious for many who are involved in truck accidents. Sometimes even fatal. In general, there are various causes of truck accidents. Some of these causes include:
- Driver fatigue
- Tire blowouts
- Unsafe weather conditions
- Not obeying traffic laws
- Lack of experience driving
- Blind spots
These causes can set off serious truck accidents, causing vehicle damage and personal injury. Because of these causes, there are common types of accidents that will occur. The most common types of truck accidents include:
- Head-on collisions: These are the worst and most dangerous types of crashes. They occur when one driver who is supposed to be in another lane driving in the opposite direction falls into the wrong lane and hits oncoming traffic head-on.
- Rear-end collisions: Another common type of 18-wheeler collision that occurs is a rear-end collision. These collisions happen when a vehicle hits the back of another vehicle, causing damage to the rear of your vehicle.
- Spillage or overload collisions: Sometimes, 18-wheelers can carry various types of cargo that can be considered overloaded. If this is the case, other accidents or issues on the road can cause spillages or debris to hit other cars. This, in turn, can cause serious accidents among other drivers.
- Sideswipe collisions: On the road, trucks are typically driving at a maintained speed, making it easy for sideswipe accidents to occur. When trucks are passing other cars, it’s common for them to cause accidents by hitting the sides of another vehicle. This type of accident causes severe damage to the vehicles involved and can cause injuries to those in the car.
Why Hire Our Lawyers for Your 18-Wheeler Accident Claim
Generally, truck accidents happen due to negligence and lack of care on the roads. However, in some cases, there could be other factors involved. Due to the complexity of 18-wheeler accidents, it helps to have a skilled attorney on your side when you wish to file a claim.
With our help, we can ensure that you are looked after and your case is being handled by a skilled team. Together, we will help begin your claim, and gather the necessary information needed for you to be awarded compensation.
As stated above, truck accidents can occur due to numerous reasons. When making a claim, it’s important to first determine fault. If no fault is determined, then there is no reason to pursue your claim, which is why it’s important to collect all the evidence to prove liability.
We Can Help You Gather Evidence
Together, we can collect all the necessary information and evidence to move forward with your claim. The information we will gather includes the following:
- Police reports
- Pictures of the scene of the crime
- Witness testimonies and statements
- The truck driver’s records and past driving history
- Accident reports
- Your testimony
No matter what information must be collected, we can use our knowledge and resources to ensure that your case gets the attention it deserves. Once we prove negligence, we can then speak with insurance companies for a compensation amount.
Belleville 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
The Types of Compensation You Can Claim
Determining an amount of compensation to claim in your case will vary depending on the level of fault that has been proven and also the extent of your injuries. Ultimately, the more serious your injuries sustained, the more you can be awarded.
Some types of damages you can be compensated for include:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Cost of any vehicle damage sustained
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
Generally, there is no set settlement amount for 18-wheeler cases. The amount will fully depend on a list of factors. All of which can be calculated by our skilled attorneys. We will do all we can to ensure that the amount of damages you are being awarded is suitable to all you have lost.
Reach Out to Our 18-Wheeler Accident Attorneys in Belleville, Today!
We know all too well the life-changing injuries and damages that one can sustain from 18-wheeler accidents. Which is why we want to fight for you and your rights. Our attorneys will go directly to the source and negotiate on your behalf.
Cases like these are sometimes hard to settle, but by contacting us today, we can offer you a free consultation to give you more information. Together we can work on your case and obtain the highest amount of compensation you are owed.