Construction vehicles like dump trucks might weigh up to 30 times as much as a typical car, especially when it’s full of materials. When a dump truck accident is the result of careless driving, hazardous road conditions, or mechanical failure, it may lead to severe injuries or death, but multiple settlements could come from it.
If you’ve gotten into an accident with a dump truck, seek medical attention immediately. Then, find a dump truck accident lawyer in Belleville quickly. Victims of truck accidents are offered a free consultation by the Morelli Law Firm. We can advise you of how much your truck accident claim is worth and answer any legal procedure questions you may have.
The Settlement Value of a Dump Truck Accident
The average settlement for a dump truck accident in Illinois has not been determined, as each case varies, and payouts are determined by each individual’s loss. However, the average claim for truck accidents tends to pay significantly more than traditional care accidents, as the damages involved tend to be larger.
You may qualify for any number of these recoverable damages following a dump truck wreck:
- Medical expenses are one type of damage that can be recovered in a dump truck accident lawsuit, along with future medical expenses, home modifications, and compensation for emotional distress.
- Property loss is generally handled by insurance but covers the repair or replacement of any object damaged during the accident.
- Income loss for the time you are unable to work due to your injury. This includes your salary or profits from your business. In order to determine their value, we will get your tax returns, salary history, and other financial information.
- Non-economic damages,such as physical impairment, deformity, or disability. Along with physical pain and suffering now and in the future, it also encompasses mental and emotional misery. To demonstrate their worth, we cite specifics from your experience, medical information, and your written diagnosis.
- Wrongful death damages can be sought if a family member succumbed to their injuries following a dump truck wreck. These can include pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of consortium, and any medical expenses and lost wages the decedent would have been entitled to if they had survived.
To ensure your safety and position to maximize any settlement amount the insurance company tries to offer, see a doctor. And at the very least, speak with a personal injury attorney before speaking with insurers.
Determining Liability for Your Truck Accident Settlement
The operation of garbage trucks and construction vehicles frequently involves a number of parties. To make sure the truck is secure and prepared for usage on the road, each person has a certain set of duties to fulfill.
If a commercial truck like a dump truck was involved in an accident that left you hurt, you might be able to hold several people accountable for your losses. The following parties may attempt to reject responsibility and remove themselves:
- Dump truck driver
- Trucking company
- Government division
- Parts manufacturer
We are well-versed in the role each party plays and will do due diligence to identify who is responsible for your accident. Our dump truck accident attorneys in Belleville, IL, work to bring all responsible parties, including the truck driver and maybe their trucking employer, liable.
Belleville Dump Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Injuries Caused by Dump Truck Accidents
Every year, the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) releases crash data unique to each state. The findings for Illinois show that there has been an increase in large truck collisions, contributing to at least 13% of fatalities.
The severity of your injuries will impact the value of your truck accident settlement the most.
Injuries with dump trucks are often severe. They can include:
- Cuts/burns:Broken glass, pointy objects, car frames, interiors made of hard plastic, and dash panels can all result in deep cuts and puncture wounds. Friction burns can happen to people if they scrape up against the car’s inside or if they are thrown out and hit the pavement. Both injuries have an increased risk of infection or may require surgery.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): Head and brain injuries are among the most typical traumas brought on by collisions with big vehicles. Concussions, acute head trauma, and laceration of the face or scalp frequently result in traumatic brain injury (TBI), including concussions.
- Back and neck injury: Damage to the muscles, tendons, and ligaments can occur from impact. Other soft tissues in the back and neck, vertebrae, and discs, can absorb the shock and may cause uncomfortable and incapacitating symptoms.
- Broken or fractured bones: Sometimes, operations are needed for rods, pins, and screws to be inserted to hold the bones together as a result of these agonizing wounds. Broken bones can be displaced or non-displaced and, if treated late or improperly, are susceptible to internal bleeding, infection, deformity, or nerve damage.
Family members may file a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible truck driver or corporation when a loved one has been killed in a truck crash. Expenses recoverable from a wrongful death claim include:
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of wages
- The victim’s pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial costs
Retain a Truck Accident Lawyer in Belleville, IL
A personal injury lawsuit must be filed before the statute of limitations runs out, so contact us to schedule your free case evaluation as soon as possible.
The Belleville dump truck accident lawyers at Morelli Law Firm have expertise in representing clients throughout Illinois. Our team of knowledgeable and resourceful attorneys is committed to representing your best interests and gaining the best possible outcome for your case.