If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident with a large truck, chances are you’re looking at a long recovery period, lost wages, and rising medical bills. Unfortunately, this also means that victims are more likely to struggle financially.
This is where Morelli Law Firm’s Union City big rig accident lawyers may be able to help. Our large truck crash attorneys can fight to recover compensation for the injuries you sustained and the losses you suffered because of the crash. Talk to us about your case and let’s explore your legal options today.
How Our Union City Large Truck Accident Law Firm Can Help You
When you’ve been hurt in a big rig crash in Union City, NJ, you need an experienced big rig accident attorney in Union City, NJ, to help you recover as much compensation as possible. Although you can try to file a compensation claim by yourself, the problem is that it can be a difficult and exhausting process.
But with the help of our experienced big rig accident attorneys in Union City, NJ, it’s a lot easier to file an insurance claim with the liable party’s insurance providers. However, before we’ll file your injury claim, we’ll first assess the damages that you qualify for.
We’ll start by investigating the cause of the collision, identifying the extent of your injuries, seeing if you suffered any losses, and finding out who was responsible for your accident. Once we have all the information, we’ll then file the claim with the liable party’s relevant insurer. Most of the time, we’re able to settle on a favorable sum after a series of negotiations with the insurance company.
But if it happens that the insurance company is unwilling to settle, we’ll file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf against the at-fault party. And because we already have trial law experience, you can rest assured that our Union City big rig crash attorneys will provide solid legal support and representation that can help ensure your adequate settlement.
Proving Liability in a North Hudson County Big Rig Accident
At the heart of all personal injury claims is the ability of a seasoned big rig accident lawyer in Union City, NJ, to prove negligence on the part of the defendant and show that they were responsible for your crash and the subsequent injuries. And before you can prove negligence, there are four elements that must be present:
- Duty of care – This is the safety obligation that all Union City truck drivers and companies owe other road users. So, they’re expected to act and drive in a reasonably safe manner while they’re on the roadway.
- Breach of duty – If a truck driver starts driving erratically or recklessly, their action automatically puts other road users in danger. When this happens, they have breached the duty of care that they owe other road users.
- Causation – If the driver’s reckless driving on the roadway leads to an accident and injuries, it means that their actions directly led to the crash.
- Damages – If the accident leads to losses and expenses, then, they are to be held liable for those losses and expenses.
In each personal injury claim, all four elements must be complete before one can seek compensation. At Morelli Law Firm, our big rig collision lawyers serving Hudson County, NJ, will meticulously determine that all these elements were present before filing your claim.
This is important because if just one element is missing, your claim may be denied or thrown out. For example, if the driver was reckless but there was no crash, you can’t file a claim. Let our lawyers help you file a claim and recover your settlement.
Union City Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Recover Damages in a Union City Big Rig Crash Claim
Injured victims of large truck wrecks in Union City may be eligible to recover certain damages and collect compensation. While every case is different, most damages fall under one or more of the following categories:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Additional rehabilitative costs such as physical therapy
- Property damage – could cover property repair or replacement
- Mobility expenses – covers transportation to and from the hospital with special vehicles
- Household maintenance costs – if you have to hire outside help to run the home while you’re in recovery
- Loss of current and future income
- Reduced capacity to earn an income
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of companionship and society
These are some of the more common damages that our experienced legal team can help you recover if you’ve been hurt in the crash. We may also be able to recover something called punitive damages.
These damages are awarded by the court to “punish” the defendant and deter other drivers who may want to do the same thing from acting in a similar manner. They are often awarded in rare circumstances where there’s demonstrable evidence of malicious intent or gross misconduct.
What if You Lost a Loved One in a Truck Accident in New Jersey?
If your loved one died from injuries sustained in a car accident with a big rig, you have our biggest sympathies. We’d rather your loved one lived so we would avoid this conversation. But the truth is seeking compensation after the loss of a loved one can provide you with a way to recover your losses and get some justice for your loss.
Some of the damages you might be able to recover if you file a wrongful death claim include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of future income
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of legacy, guidance, and love
- Pain and suffering endured by the deceased up to the point of their demise
Let our wrongful death attorneys in Union City, NJ, help you recover all present and future losses so that your future and that of other loved ones they left behind can be secured.
Contact a Union City Big Rig Accident Lawyer
At Morelli Law Firm, our big rig accident lawyers in Union City, NJ, can help restore you to your previous financial position and ensure that you have the resources you need to settle all financial problems brought on by the accident.
We have helped many other New Jersey big rig crash victims. Let’s help get your life back on solid financial ground today. Contact us to schedule a free case evaluation.